Page 11 of 70 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Galactus is a joke nowadays
    your not wrong. he did get killed by thor a year ago and his helmet is now an arch on the rainbow bridge.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Ultimately I think it is a good thing limits were placed on the omega mutants. This issue would have been boring if one or two mutants could have done it all by themselves. I prefer to see mutants working together with their individual talents to achieve great things together.

The omega definition definitely placed limits on some like Exodus and Jean by making only one of their powers at the omega level. I think clearing up the murky definition and placing reasonable limits on the characters was the goal with re-defining the omega level definition.
    Yes exactly! I mean to someone like storm or Vulcan the new definition changes little to nothing. They have limitless control over their respective forces weather and energy. That was what their omega power always alluded to Vulcan more than storm though lol before the offical anouncement that she is omega. Also did we just see storm control an entire planetary climate from scratch without hope or anyone amping her!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Well if they are coming to the system they would care and the shiar acknowledges and congratulates the mutants on taking hold of a planet.
    i could see the shiar doing it but teddy and the kree/skrull might ignore it. the snarks would probably go to mars as well

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I think limiting the power of the characters is usually a good thing. When I read old comics and see things like "Storm can control solar winds" or "Magneto can create wormholes with magnetism" they often seem like cheaps ways to solve the plot.

When the powers are more limited and more clearly delimited, it forces an intelligent use of the characters, not just "Yeah, snap your fingers and whatever, done."
    Bruh storm having omega level weather manipulation still means she can control solar winds and more, you know there are weather phenomena in space right?

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Well, what better way for NIMROD to stretch his legs than to lay waste to a bunch of mutant bred for war? That's what i would do if i was the ultimate Sentinel and wanted to put the fear of God back into mutant kind.
    It did feel like setting up a playground for Nimrod to eventually cut loose in. I can only assume that not wanting to harm Earth's ecosystem is what kept Orchis from attacking Krakoa so far, but there should be nothing stopping them from lobbing a couple decommissioned Setinels at relativistic speeds towards Mars to test their defences.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    i could see the shiar doing it but teddy and the kree/skrull might ignore it. the snarks would probably go to mars as well
    I mean they could? But what they did to Mars I don't think any alien power would simply ignore that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Well, what better way for NIMROD to stretch his legs than to lay waste to a bunch of mutant bred for war? That's what i would do if i was the ultimate Sentinel and wanted to put the fear of God back into mutant kind.

Too bad im sure nimrod will be roasted for the preparation of the new x-era.

Incredible Member

I mean they could? But what they did to Mars I don't think any alien power would simply ignore that.
    ignore it in a diplomatic sense rather than a psychical one. like not acknowledging it as the capital and instead dealing with earth more directly (more the avengers and ff). he has put off diplomatic meetings over the wanda thing.

Oh man, I’d love to see Namor trying to recruit that water making Arakki. FLOOD THE SURFACE WORLD! LOL

So… now it looks like Mars will become the next Genosha at some point. I mean, wiping out an island is one thing, but a whole planet of mutants? Orchis is totally going to lay waste to it…

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    I don't know why any alien power would care about Mars now calling itself the capital of the solar system, though.
    Why would the Cotati or Knull want to destroy Earth?

Just because reasons. The same with Mars.
    Bruh storm having omega level weather manipulation still means she can control solar winds and more, you know there are weather phenomena in space right?
    They are called "solar winds" but they have nothing in common with the real wind other than the name. To manipulate atmospheric phenomena you need an ATMOSPHERE.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Nothing stops any character from being suped up. Hickman is not the final word on anything, and even the data page for his list leaves it open for any given mutant to have crazy high power levels. "Unlimited" was never a practical quantifier in the first place, so "undefinable" is not much different. And a handful of mutants just terraforming an entire planet is not exactly a example of putting limits on them, other than someone expecting one of the reality warpers to do it solo.
    Undefinable is basically unlimited they are the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Oh man, I’d love to see Namor trying to recruit that water making Arakki. FLOOD THE SURFACE WORLD! LOL

So… now it looks like Mars will become the next Genosha at some point. I mean, wiping out an island is one thing, but a whole planet of mutants? Orchis is totally going to lay waste to it…
    I don't know whether Gwenpool currently counts as a mutant or not, but I think they really could use someone with a little bit of meta insight. Like, you're once again gathering a huge part of your species in a location where they can all be conveniently wiped out without affecting the rest of the setting. Just don't do that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    ignore it in a diplomatic sense rather than a psychical one. like not acknowledging it as the capital and instead dealing with earth more directly (more the avengers and ff). he has put off diplomatic meetings over the wanda thing.
    I mean the mutants don't exactly need teddy now do they? They are gearing up for the phalanx a galactic level civilization. Teddy not now liking them because they say wanda is not good is literally not a concern of theirs if anything they entertaining the skrulls and kree is for good diplomatic play. The kree and skrull are more of an avengers thing the shiar for the xmen and now the biggest civilization the phalanx for the xmen not to mention the brood whom are innumerable. I think the mutants would be fine and storm being teased to be the new regent would make it easier for the mutants to rule remember how she easily organized the xmen, avengers and wakandans in the course of the man thing. She is good at diplomacy and has a VERY powerful presence so she being in charge would make sense.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I liked that too it showed your powers don't need to be ridiculously OP to be an omega level makes ya think.
    I mean it is op just not the way people think. I mean sobunar has an infinite ocean within them literally! Lactuca knows everything and anythings location and xilo can shape the earth itself and make it fetile. They are more practical unlimited omega powers unlike energy or reality or even weather manipulation which is a bit out there and more offensive and battle oriented. But we have mutants like elixr and we'll... That's it the rest are battle geared powers from the krakoan omega mutants.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Hold up he declared himself the intergalactic ruler? How's that gonna work when we already got the King of Space, Mags needs to pick a brand I know he old but at least be original fam.
    I mean unlike teddy he has the power to back it up. I don't like to do this but what exactly does hulkling do aside shapeshift and wield a sword. His husband is the powerhouse of the two. Also without his empire behind him he is nothing. Magneto is of himself by himself and as omega is one of the strongest beings in marvel so his money is where his mouth is.