Page 16 of 70 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    I'd read an entire crossover that focused on 616 humanity's worst elements trying to eradicate the mutants of planet Arakko, expecting things to go how they always have on Earth... only to learn what happens when they f*** around and find out just how different the mutants of Arakko really are...
    Yes please and thank you. I'm totally in.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Once the core was heated up so that Mars could support a full atmosphere like earth and entire oceans were added she used that water and the already-existing atmosphere to turn it into a more earth-like atmosphere. She doesn't have the power to create matter and everything she did required the work which was done beforehand.

Never disputed this; what she did was to utilize what was present and in a planetary scale molded and recreated a viable atmosphere to support and sustain life in such a short amount of time (something that would normally take thousands if not hundreds of thousands of years) - all without breaking a sweat.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by orionblue View Post
    Never disputed this; what she did was to utilize what was present and in a planetary scale molded and recreated a viable atmosphere to support and sustain life in such a short amount of time (something that would normally take thousands if not hundreds of thousands of years) - all without breaking a sweat.
    Don't let them dim Storm's shine! What she did here was impressive as hell and this isn't even her final form!

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Does Exodus get to do something with his telekinesis or does he just go to say hello? He's like "Yeah, I'm an Omega too but I don't have **** to do".
    Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    He did nothing (from what I understood)
    It gets pretty frustrating
    Didn't finish reading the whole thread, so maybe someone already answered it. It was my interpretation that Exodus is the one that teleported Arakko... no? Lactuca was there to show them where to land, but Exodus used his omega TK to trasport them all.

EDIT: I see now a few people have chimed in as well!

I swear people are never satisfied first you guys complain that not enough stuff is happening then mutants take over a whole planet and move the arrako mutants to Mars and now there are people saying they didn't see much from the Arrako mutants on earth.

Clearly over time he would have shown the Arrako mutants slowly causing trouble in the human world. Like seeing some alpha and omega mutants going to Wakanda and Storm needing to make peace maker or something. I bet if something like happen you guys would still complain.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I also loved Magneto's feat at the beginning.
    As Glio said earlier...for me the awesomeness is seeing them all creating instead of defending and destroying.

Harnessing those powers to do good is something humans cannot seem to fathom or accept. (And that's why most them were so "shooketh" at the sight)
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Well that was stupid. It feels like a 'have your cake and eat it too' kind of thing. So they now have their own planet, but still want to be involved in Earth and eventually take over Earth via outbreeding or economics. So they can claim to only want to be left alone while still actively messing with everyone else. Its like, they want to just leave and do their own thing, but also, still hang around and mess with everyone else.

Basically nothing really changes. Instead of "they have their own country and are doing X things around the world" its now "they have their own planet and are doing X things on Earth". The analysis of their actions doesn't really change much. I've complained that the X-men have often felt/sounded like aliens in this relaunch, and I guess its now text

It was very beautiful and well done, but its just a stupid premise to me. You will never convince me that Arrako matters. It exists entirely to get wiped out in the next big event to make the X-men feel sad and motivated. And sending all the ugly non-human looking mutants off to live with Poochy is a cheap storytelling move.

I wonder if Arakko will get a book. This could be a huge development or just a way to move the Arakki mutants aside.
    This book would have been even more powerful had they shown the mutants from Arakko actually cause big problems in their interactions with humans, but this plotline has been mostly ignored since they were brought to Earth in the first place. We never got any exploration on what it meant to have the two islands reunite and now they're apart again.

I mean, mutants will always be involved with humans one way or another. You can't really separate them, as mutants are born from humans.

Even if they move to another planet, unless you literally sterilize the current human population...

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    I mean, mutants will always be involved with humans one way or another. You can't really separate them, as mutants are born from humans.

Even if they move to another planet, unless you literally sterilize the current human population...
    They somewhat did that in one of those possible futures. Got rid of all traces of the X-Gene
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    I'd read an entire crossover that focused on 616 humanity's worst elements trying to eradicate the mutants of planet Arakko, expecting things to go how they always have on Earth... only to learn what happens when they f*** around and find out just how different the mutants of Arakko really are...

YESSSS

Im here for Arrako showing OUT.

At this point there are so many mutants that they can have a stable population on their own. They don't need to rely on humans having mutant kids anymore. They could leave the planet, found their own and really cut loose with their powers and just not get involved with Earth anymore. If the humans on Earth want to vaccinate against the X-gene, let them. They can have their own planet and decide what they want to do with their own species.

That's kind of what I mean by 'have their cake and eat it too'. Mutants want their own place to decide their own futures, but also want to control the fate and decisions of the human race too.

Oh my god I just realized this is more Hickman repeating his Avengers run in its entirety. Just straight up copying it plot beat by plot beat. Next is the X-men version of Avengers Universe. And that will collapse from disinterest just the same way.

Fantastic issue but it doesn't quite hit the heights of x men $9 or house of x #2.

This probably could have been a mini because the terraforming process seemed a bit too easy even for the mutants.

There are questions, like why was Polaris not there to help with the iron(you could explain that just being mags pride) and if you were gonna use reality warpers then why did you need all these omegas anyway?

Also the omegas from arakko were cool but also kinda convenient. Like I get it they needed it done but that one beetle looking one just kinda magicked a whole lot if resources onto their snd I didn't really understand how that was supposed to work but ok.

The inversion of the gate was a beautifully rendered sequence but it also kinda doesn't make sense to me?

Anyways the art was phenomenal and worth the price of admission alone. If he sells originals of this stuff Holy cow man. Flawless panels and composition.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    They somewhat did that in one of those possible futures. Got rid of all traces of the X-Gene
    Oh wasn't aware. And yea I guess they could, but they'd be shooting themselves in the foot. Why get rid of your ancestors and any potentially unborn mutants? like most of the current mutants, they had human parents

Just go HoM route, where eventually the mutant population becomes the majority.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom
    At this point there are so many mutants that they can have a stable population on their own. They don't need to rely on humans having mutant kids anymore. They could leave the planet, found their own and really cut loose with their powers and just not get involved with Earth anymore. If the humans on Earth want to vaccinate against the X-gene, let them. They can have their own planet and decide what they want to do with their own species.

That's kind of what I mean by 'have their cake and eat it too'. Mutants want their own place to decide their own futures, but also want to control the fate and decisions of the human race too.
    I'm pretty sure if it was that easy to get rid of a gene, it would of been invented by one of the various unethical geniuses Stark or Reed by now.

Scarlet Witch got away with it by literally bending reality, in every other reality they have to use mutant hunting robots that always turn against them.
    Last edited by ChronoRogue; 06-16-2021 at 01:48 PM.

Its actually been done several times before. Its just usually undone soon after with a 'cure' for the mutant 'cure'. Apparently altering genes like that is super easy.