Page 17 of 70 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

Gorgeous!!

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Its actually been done several times before. Its just usually undone soon after with a 'cure' for the mutant 'cure'. Apparently altering genes like that is super easy.
    Sure but it's not really weaponized probably because it's not stable tech or a long-term solution. The "cured" mutants always go back to being mutants.

Again, no AU really tries to go the route of "de-mutanting" the existing population.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    I mean, mutants will always be involved with humans one way or another. You can't really separate them, as mutants are born from humans.

Even if they move to another planet, unless you literally sterilize the current human population...
    Wait! Mutants are born from humans!? Why did nobody tell me this!? EVERYTHING I BELIEVED IN IS A LIE!!!

But seriously with the way some people in the fan base talk about it, it's like mutants can only birth mutants and not the reality that is humans AND mutants can give birth to humans AND mutants.

Well that was stupid. It feels like a 'have your cake and eat it too' kind of thing. So they now have their own planet, but still want to be involved in Earth and eventually take over Earth via outbreeding or economics. So they can claim to only want to be left alone while still actively messing with everyone else. Its like, they want to just leave and do their own thing, but also, still hang around and mess with everyone else.

Basically nothing really changes. Instead of "they have their own country and are doing X things around the world" its now "they have their own planet and are doing X things on Earth". The analysis of their actions doesn't really change much. I've complained that the X-men have often felt/sounded like aliens in this relaunch, and I guess its now text

It was very beautiful and well done, but its just a stupid premise to me. You will never convince me that Arrako matters. It exists entirely to get wiped out in the next big event to make the X-men feel sad and motivated. And sending all the ugly non-human looking mutants off to live with Poochy is a cheap storytelling move.
    From your posts on this thread you seem pretty unhappy with this current run. Why are you still spending money on it?

The best way to show your displeasure with a product is to not buy it and give feedback on why you decided to stop buying not give them money and complain because they have your money.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    I mean, mutants will always be involved with humans one way or another. You can't really separate them, as mutants are born from humans.

Even if they move to another planet, unless you literally sterilize the current human population...
    Isn’t the E-Gene supposed to sterilise the baseline population once mutantkind reaches a certain threshold?

Not sure how it works now that we know the Celestials want mutates

I'm not spending money. I'm borrowing it from others. I do, in fact, vote with my wallet

Astonishing Member

So considering they plopped a psychotic slaver on Avalon’s throne, what tin pot dictator have the QC and the Ring picked to be Regent?

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    So considering they plopped a psychotic slaver on Avalon’s throne, what tin pot dictator have the QC and the Ring picked to be Regent?
    The Regent will be Storm, a born tyrant.

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha's Ghost View Post
    The Regent will be Storm, a born tyrant.
    *Looks at how Monet's being written in X-corp

*nervously side-eyes the Monkey's Paw

She will command a planet whilst Cyclops merely controls a moon.

I'm not spending money. I'm borrowing it from others. I do, in fact, vote with my wallet
    So you didn't actually pay for the comic but feel entitled enough to swipe a copy from someone who does care about it enough to use their money pay for it and then be toxic in a thread for people who did pay for it.

Gotcha.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    i get the whole phalanx thing that is being built towards, but for now its their first galactic level thing of their own planet and there will be races that may ignore it or even just ignore the fact that a mutant world is a different thing to an earth world and just refer continue to call them humans i think for now its establishing a foothold in the galaxy as specifically mutants and they might struggle there.
    i don't remember storm organizing everyone in man thing. she got krakoa to help and then worked with thor to do the weather thing around the planet to clean up. not saying she wont be a good diplomat because she will.
    Iron man stated that she got the avengers krakoans and wakandans to the table and that someone should remind him never go negotiate against storm. She knows her way around words and persuading people plus her power, demeanour and voice all convicted people to do what she wants.

Really enjoyed the book both in terms of story and art. I'm honestly shocked Marvel has allowed the X-franchise this much latitude.

Favourite panels... apart from the truly inspired psychic sperm and brain ovum page...
    x1.jpg
    x2.jpg
    Yes, I have a cape fetish just like Sinister and Jamie and Exodus.
    x3.jpg
    Axolotl... er... Sobunar is just as cute and homicidal as I'd hoped!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    Seems like conjecture.

Also, "effortlessly"?
    Didn't seem like she was struggling now did it and from the looks of it she wasn't getting amped like the others. So all she did was on her own.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JamJams View Post
    So you didn't actually pay for the comic but feel entitled enough to swipe a copy from someone who does care about it enough to use their money pay for it and then be toxic in a thread for people who did pay for it.

Gotcha.
    It balances out with the large group of people who also 'borrowed' it and talk about how cool it was because they did not actually spend 15 minutes and $5 to buy it.