Page 22 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha's Ghost View Post
    It is time that the humans and posthumans learned their place.
    Oh i can't wait to see what happens when they try to pull something smart on Wakanda and Latveria.

Super enjoyable issue.

Thanking X of Swords for making all this possible. <3

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Also someone brought up an interesting point earlier.

What happens when two mutants produce a human baby on Krakoa? Do they give away that baby? Let it have the same status as someone like Kyle? And if they do choose to stay with their parents, what happens if they it ever gets to be a sizeable population of humans on Krakoa? It's already happened with Mystique and Sabretooth and I doubt it's never going to happen again.

I get the feeling it happens on Arakko too, but they are more extreme and I feel like I wouldn't like their solutions...
    I imagine on Arakko they go the same route the Spartans reputedly did with ugly babies, only somehow more gruesome.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    lol...thats always been the case this error. Hickman's very first issue said she was omega for power manipulation, not mimicry. Rogue and Synch dont manipulate the powers of others. Her role in the Five is to exert her power on them. Im not sure if we've even seen her mimic anyone this era

As for Scott, he cant do anything that Vulcan couldnt do better. This was meant to be a flex for the omegas
    Cyclops presence would have eliminated any doubts about what was done. Everyone knows Cyclops is always right.

What happens when two mutants produce a human baby on Krakoa? Do they give away that baby? Let it have the same status as someone like Kyle? And if they do choose to stay with their parents, what happens if they it ever gets to be a sizeable population of humans on Krakoa? It's already happened with Mystique and Sabretooth and I doubt it's never going to happen again.

I get the feeling it happens on Arakko too, but they are more extreme and I feel like I wouldn't like their solutions...
    They've kept Shogo and Kyle around so I imagine the option will be available. I think a good reason for allowing a human-born Krakoan to stay on the island is they are being born and raised in that environment. They will be around mutants 24/7 and adapt to their mutant majority culture not the human-centric cultures within the rest of the planet so they're not going to have the same ingrained bigotry and distrust of mutants.

If anyone were to reject a baby bc it was human, then they'd be guilt of the same bigotry that many of the characters like Nightcrawler faced that couldnt hide their mutation at birth. I dont think the QC will rule for example that they get rid of the kid. Kurt especially would not be down for that

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha's Ghost View Post
    Wakanda cannot communicate with its territories without the permission of Regent Storm.
    That’s an impressively poor understanding of what her role and priorities are.

Krakoa already allows humans on the island if they are connected to mutants. Northstar's husband and Jub's son both human and allowed on Krakoa.

Arrako might allow humans to stay on their land if they prove they are strong but if not they would have just allowed the environment that they grew up in full of hell demons to kill them.

I do find it fascinating that we keep hearing that humans can be born from mutants, and mutants from humans but the former is so rare that there's maybe one or two instances of it in the entire X-Men run. How they got to millions of mutants over thousands of years, but have 0 humans among them. As you said, the solution is probably grotesque and supremacist. That said, this idea and others proposed in the thread are exactly why I'd love a 10 issue mini-series about the Arakkii. Seeing some of them trickling back onto Earth and being "Strangers in a Strange land", enemies potentially leaking the true nature of the Martian Mutants to folks on Earth, Arrakki culture, How DID that fight against Sabunar's children go? Will that be a rite of passage?, How do the Arakkii perceive Krakoan mutants and the galactic community at large?

Great artwork, great feats in the issue, and Storm's status has jumped up MASSIVELY. Magneto laying out the goal of subjugating all species in the Sol System and establishing their dominion? Mars as the capital of the solar system simultaneously diminishing Earth's status while raising Mutant's, and mutant being the ruler of all life in the solar system? Hell of a flex. I love the storytelling threads that are going to come from this. It does make me wonder why Richard (Nova) is so pissed at Magneto. He's mentioned that Earth is kind of a backwater mudhole in the grand scheme of the universe, so why is another planet being the diplomatic and cultural center of power a problem? Unless he dislikes all the galactic crud that's going to pour into the system now.
    Last edited by Metal Sphere; 06-16-2021 at 05:43 PM.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    Pretty sure it's not this.
    I can't think of another reveal they have in their pocket

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    If anyone were to reject a baby bc it was human, then they'd be guilt of the same bigotry that many of the characters like Nightcrawler faced that couldnt hide their mutation at birth. I dont think the QC will rule for example that they get rid of the kid. Kurt especially would not be down for that
    Well, we know Mystique would.

Remember Grayson Creed.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Well, we know Mystique would.

Remember Grayson Creed.
    Well she threw Kurt away too so her maternal instinct isnt the best

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Sphere View Post
    I do find it fascinating that we keep hearing that humans can be born from mutants, and mutants from humans but the former is so rare that there's maybe one or two instances of it in the entire X-Men run. How they got to millions of mutants over thousands of years, but have 0 humans among them. As you said, the solution is probably grotesque and supremacist. That said, this idea and others proposed in the thread are exactly why I'd love a 10 issue mini-series about the Arakkii. Seeing some of them trickling back onto Earth and being "Strangers in a Strange land", enemies potentially leaking the true nature of the Martian Mutants to folks on Earth, Arrakki culture, How DID that fight against Sabunar's children go? Will that be a rite of passage?, How do the Arakkii perceive Krakoan mutants and the galactic community at large?

Great artwork, great feats in the issue, and Storm's status has jumped up MASSIVELY. Magneto laying out the goal of subjugating all species in the Sol System and establishing their dominion? Mars as the capital of the solar system simultaneously diminishing Earth's status while raising Mutant's, and mutant being the ruler of all life in the solar system? Hell of a flex. I love the storytelling threads that are going to come from this. It does make me wonder why Richard (Nova) is so pissed at Magneto. He's mentioned that is kind of a backwater mudhole in the grand scheme of the universe, so why is another planet being the diplomatic and cultural center of power a problem? Unless he dislikes all the galactic crud that's going to pour into the system now.
    I think it's a similar thing to the idea Vision mentioned in the Civil War movie. Power invites challenge. You now have two inhabited planets in Sol (already a hotspot of cosmic/universal shenanigans), one of which is positioned not just as the greatest power in the region but as the starting point for what will likely be mutantkind's expansion. SWORD presents itself as a peacekeeping organization protecting all sentients in the solar system whereas titles like the Regent of Sol and the terraforming of planets implies the rise of a new intergalactic power.

That's bound to rile up some cosmic empires which could end up sparking more space conflicts and invasions, especially when it seems like mutantkind already has soft alliances with the likes of the Shi'ar and Brood. If you're the Badoon, the premier space power in the Milky Way Galaxy, you're probably sweating at the prospect of a race of supermen backed by other major empires expanding in your backyard. The rise in tensions from Krakoa's actions is probably seen by Nova (who above all else cares about intergalactic stability) as one that leads to chaos and war.

Quote Originally Posted by JamJams View Post
    They've kept Shogo and Kyle around so I imagine the option will be available. I think a good reason for allowing a human-born Krakoan to stay on the island is they are being born and raised in that environment. They will be around mutants 24/7 and adapt to their mutant majority culture not the human-centric cultures within the rest of the planet so they're not going to have the same ingrained bigotry and distrust of mutants.
    I can't tell if you are being serious or not, and i am afraid that it is the case of the former.

Quote Originally Posted by Metro View Post
    I'll be impressed if this actually lasts, but even then colonizing Mars ain't much of a big deal within the context of the Marvel universe, plus Wakanda has it's own Galaxy now do it's kind of old hat

???

Krakoa is fairly new, wakanda has been around...not sure what you were trying to get at.