Page 26 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    So, just out of curiosity, how does moving the Arakki to Mars really prevent them from causing trouble on Earth? Don’t they still have the Krakoan gateway that Xavier and Magneto gave to them?
    They also have over a million mutants who happen to have very convenient mutations, so it is not unreasonable that whatever they would need to travel to Earth, they have.

I am not thinking too much about it, from Magneto just coming up with this plan a few days before the Gala (which means this was never something the Gala was planning on show off) to everyone just knowing how to use their powers for this specific task (they come off as magic rituals) to a population who has been enslaved for generations are a bunch of conquerors (and their corrupt leadership is in exile), the story reasoning for all of this is just slapped together to get it over with an on to the next thing, which may or may not follow logically from anything or nothing written here or before.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Didn’t they all die in time runs out?

It’s the Martians he forgot
    They died by the end of the storyline, but his terraforming of Mars into the Garden was not undone. It was even recognized in an earlier issue of Marauders, with a Krakoan link to what they called the Red Farm.

Nor would even a lighter planet such as Mars have lost its extra atmosphere over the few short years since then. Atmospheric escape is something that occurs over a time scale of at least millenia, more likely millions of years, certainly not a few years or even decades. So, a lot of what was done in this issue had already been done, and much that hadn't, such as adding another Mars mass of iron to its core, was not strictly necessary (not to mention requiring more mass than contained in the entire asteroid belt).

But ah well, it was neat.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Ha the false god Franklin is officially pretender status y'all better keep that same energy.
    He's still going to be tooling around the end of the universe with a restored Galactus as his herald, long after all these folks are gone. Unless it's Thor and his daughters at the end instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    All the Ex Nihilo died in Time Runs Out, indeed.

They never altered the core of Mars so the ecosystem it created on Mars could not sustain itself (you cannot maintain an atmosphere on a planet without sufficient gravity).

I don't know which Martians you mean, I only know the ones from DC.
    That would take at least millenia, more likely millions of years, for a noticeable amount of the atmosphere he created to escape into space. It would not have noticeably degraded by this point unless someone deliberately wrecked it.

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    He's still going to be tooling around the end of the universe with a restored Galactus as his herald, long after all these folks are gone. Unless it's Thor and his daughters at the end instead.
    Safe to say all that is debatable now.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Safe to say all that is debatable now.
    True, but a) anyone for whom that was ever the future is hardly a pretender, and b) it's kind of hard to consider someone who literally created/recreated (with a little help from Owen Reece perhaps) the entire multiverse all these characters are hanging around terribly 'false' as gods go. Secret Wars still happened, therefore none of the X-characters would exist, at least in their current form rather than strange variants on Battleworld, without Franklin.

Incredible Member

i really hope there is a proper response to this shift in the marvel universe from the earth. not the usual route humans go with in x men comics of 'send in the sentinels', that would just feel lazy in this era.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Well obviously yes but i can't help have this feeling that there are some in the fan base who actually believe wholeheartedly that this is how things will remain from now on.
    Oh X-Twitter really, really, naively thinks that this Jenga tower has nowhere to go but up

Kinda miffed they ignored Ex Nihilo's Garden. But do we all think that Sinister is somehow gonna work out a deal with the Arrako mutants to set up his breeding pits on Mars? That has yet to happen and we know it'll be a thing in the future.

Also, is Magneto gonna straight up murder somebody at the Gala, or is he gonna be taken to trial by the humans/intergalactic community for being point man on the Mars project?
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

Spectacular Member

I wonder is this in some way supposed to be this timelines version of the Mars base and the beginning of the Chimera phase that we saw in House of X/Powers of X. I only wonder because there has been an increasing amount of importance in mutants doing big things by working in tandem with each other. This is the first time that we've really seen what Omegas can do when combining their powers together. And suddenly Mars becomes the home of a large mutant population which is somewhat similar to what happened in Powers of X. Storm also recently gained a favor related to the Shiar and in Powers of X the mutants would escape to the Shiar empire away from the solar system. I'm just wondering if perhaps Powers of X is the road map for what we will see play out but a more dystopian version. In this timeline we may see similar threads but in a slightly different fashion.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    Kinda miffed they ignored Ex Nihilo's Garden. But do we all think that Sinister is somehow gonna work out a deal with the Arrako mutants to set up his breeding pits on Mars? That has yet to happen and we know it'll be a thing in the future.

Also, is Magneto gonna straight up murder somebody at the Gala, or is he gonna be taken to trial by the humans/intergalactic community for being point man on the Mars project?
    It's definitely a murder, the solicits make that clear. The whole declaring a King ruling earth might be the reason Nova punches him though

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post

At this point in the Gala, I can’t see who he would kill. Magneto is on Mars basking in what he and the Omega mutants just accomplished.

It can’t be a mutant, because the Five would just resurrect them.
    So it has to be a human, but who?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    At this point in the Gala, I can’t see who he would kill. Magneto is on Mars basking in what he and the Omega mutants just accomplished.

Everyone on Twitter says it's Tommy. *shrugs* IDK why he would do that though seems unnecessary.

Extraordinary Member

Right now I'm pretty sure he's being framed by Mystique. Either that or it's a misdirect and 'trial' means something else.

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post

It will probably be Franklin Richards.