Page 35 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    My main problem with the Planet-Size and its plot fallout is how in any meaningful way is Mars the seat of any government for this solar system? There is no world government let alone a solar system government. There’s diplomatic exchanges and relations at the UN, but it’s not the government. So, now, an offshoot of warrior mutants who number in less than a thousandth of the entire population of Earth rules over the solar system? It doesn’t make sense. Sure, you can set up conflict over this, but if aliens were real, no aliens are going to recognize Mars as the seat of a real government. They might see Krakoa as the world’s government, but probably not. It’s kind of silly.
    "Might makes right" and all that. The mutants just geoengineered a planet in-between courses at their cocktail party. The Shi'Ar already acknowledged them as rulers before that feat. This their star system now.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    "Might makes right" and all that. The mutants just geoengineered a planet in-between courses at their cocktail party. The Shi'Ar already acknowledged them as rulers before that feat. This their star system now.
    Okay so when someone on Earth, who isn’t a mutant, becomes mightier than mutants combined don’t complain when that person rules the whole Milky Way galaxy or the universe that Sol sits in.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    Okay so when someone on Earth, who isn’t a mutant, becomes mightier than mutants combined don’t complain when that person rules the whole Milky Way galaxy or the universe that Sol sits in.
    Right?

It's not like Reed, Doom, Moon Girl, Valeria and Stark together could do the same or even better,.

People are drinking too much cool aid.

I doubt "might makes right" will be the ultimate moral of the story, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Right?

It's not like Reed, Doom, Moon Girl, Valeria and Stark together could do the same or even better,.

People are drinking too much cool aid.
    They can’t terraform a planet using their powers. And its kool aid.

Quote Originally Posted by Cane_danko View Post
    This isn't negative at all. X-men can lose powers easily, but they can't lose their intelligence that same way

Powers no intelligence yes as Reed also assisted in remaking the multiverse
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Incredible Member

i mean if you put them in a lab together for like a day or 2 and told them to come up with something i wouldn't be too surprised if they came out with a cube that could terraform a planet in like an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    I doubt "might makes right" will be the ultimate moral of the story, though.
    The mutants will lose it all before Hickman leaves, but really, are superhero comics ever really more than power fantasies in the end? Be it money, genius, high technology, martial arts skills, mutant powers, magic, or anything in between; it's all a power fantasy.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I don't think the mutants will lose everything.

Xavier and Magneto, they're definitely going to lose everything. And the Quiet Council too.

About 1 hour and 10 minutes, if the time table from X-Men #21 stands. After the telepathic election, the Omegas step out at 10:35pm, and by 11:45pm Emma is sharing the 'fireworks'. Maybe Magneto et al did the iron core part before the party?
    The timing doesn't seem super consistent between all the issues. In the preview for Way of X Nemesis says it took hours

Agreed. Having the Gala guests witness the resurrection of a dead planet was the ultimate flex. It forces other empires and what not to take notice.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Once upon a time "might makes right" and "racial superiority is the most important factor in the world" were ideolgies the X-Men opposed, not espoused with a smile on their face. I mean Magnetos always been about the Glorious Mutant Master Race **** but now everyone else does too

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Once upon a time "might makes right" and "racial superiority is the most important factor in the world" were ideolgies the X-Men opposed, not espoused with a smile on their face. I mean Magnetos always been about the Glorious Mutant Master Race **** but now everyone else does too
    But is it really everyone else? Sure the mutants are feeling themselves right now - they just brought a dead planet back to life, quickly. But remember a large part of that is because they needed land for more medicine. I think if they all felt as Erik feels they wouldn't bother asking for treaties and UN recognition, or making medicine. They wouldn't be forming the X-Men again either. They're having a moment of glory and they're basking in it, and I ain't mad at it.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    But is it really everyone else? Sure the mutants are feeling themselves right now - they just brought a dead planet back to life, quickly. But remember a large part of that is because they needed land for more medicine. I think if they all felt as Erik feels they wouldn't bother asking for treaties and UN recognition, or making medicine. They wouldn't be forming the X-Men again either. They're having a moment of glory and they're basking in it, and I ain't mad at it.
    There isn't glory on autocracy or racial supremacy. Good that you like, but some users won't look away because mutants did a feat.