Page 4 of 70 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Lol why are people mad at the way Franklin was addressed... Unlike Wanda, who gets called Pretender simply because she was assumed to be a mutant, Franklin is a literal pretender.

Yeah. They haven't done anything with the Arakkii since XoS, and then it's BOOM they're causing trouble off to mars with them. This should've been developed better.

Yeah I'd be lying if I said I was blown away by this issue it was all kind of predictable we all pretty much figured out this was the move when it was first announced. I don't care about Arrako like that, in like 2 years they'll probably be completely irrelevant I wish they had their own comic or something, & even the drama with them was underdeveloped like I don't read Cable so this was all news to me.

The Gala has been very pretty but like nothings really happened like IDK I hope the trial of Mags set up is more entertaining.
    Last edited by Journey; 06-16-2021 at 06:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Ultimately I think it is a good thing limits were placed on the omega limits. This issue would have been boring if one or two mutants could have done it all by themselves. I prefer to see mutants working together with their individual talents to achieve great things together.

The omega definition definitely placed limits on some like Exodus and Jean by making only one of their powers at the omega level. I think clearing up the murky definition and placing reasonable limits on the characters was the goal with re-defining the omega level definition.
    I think limiting the power of the characters is usually a good thing. When I read old comics and see things like "Storm can control solar winds" or "Magneto can create wormholes with magnetism" they often seem like cheaps ways to solve the plot.

When the powers are more limited and more clearly delimited, it forces an intelligent use of the characters, not just "Yeah, snap your fingers and whatever, done."

All three council members of Arrakoa are so beautiful

So wonderful. I loved this issue so so much. Blood water ocean. Such a wonderful power

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Lol why are people mad at the way Franklin was addressed... Unlike Wanda, who gets called Pretender simply because she was assumed to be a mutant, Franklin is a literal pretender.
    For some reason people like Franklin or at the least wanted him in on the Krakoan era I don't get it he's mad annoying.

Does Exodus get to do something with his telekinesis or does he just go to say hello? He's like "Yeah, I'm an Omega too but I don't have **** to do".

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    Like I know this is supposed to be all grand and majestic and all that.

But i can't help but cynically feel like they went "BEGONE EVENT CHARACTERS, TO THE SPACE IRRELEVANCY GHETTO YOU GO!"

Arrako has barely done a god damn thing since it came and now they're chucking them to Mars and doing what Hickman did back in Avengers

And I'm supposed to be all "Wow" over this ****?
    X-Men are the New Inhumans now.....

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Does Exodus get to do something with his telekinesis or does he just go to say hello? He's like "Yeah, I'm an Omega too but I don't have **** to do".
    He did nothing (from what I understood)
    It gets pretty frustrating

Fantastic Member

I really enjoyed it, but now I feel like the clock is counting down to when someone pulls a Genosha on Mars and kills all the mutants there.

Extraordinary Member

Before, any time a writer had a favorite character they could just soup them up and declare them an omega with limitless power. Of course it doesn't solve the problem of writers like Guggenheim making people like Kitty the only competent or useful characters because she's a ninja or batman or something and so she can take on any threat that's too much for actual powerful people like Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Jwyatt View Post
    I really enjoyed it, but now I feel like the clock is counting down to when someone pulls a Genosha on Mars and kills all the mutants there.
    Could be sooner than you think Ewing's Annihilation crossover event is supposed to effect all the space places think it starts next week too.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jwyatt View Post
    Wouldn’t Mars now be the biggest target for Orchis?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    This is my fear that other writers wreck his master plan like when his Avengers run kept getting derailed when all of the core heroes kept being depowered or replaced.
    Yup.Slott would do that.
    I mean Franklin being a mutant added a lot of tension that made their stories so interesting.Specially cause Reed can be a bad father sometimes(not bad but can ignore his family,I can't find the proper word).

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    For some reason people like Franklin or at the least wanted him in on the Krakoan era I don't get it he's mad annoying.
    That's Slott.He was a great character before that.Don't judge a character by how he is written by Slott.Big mistake.