Page 49 of 70 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Sphere View Post
    Yeah, I agree. I understand someone's morals drifting into awful places, but this drift is so severe (and his self-image so inflated) that it's unreal. If I was to wager a guess, I suspect Hank will be the "Sinister" of this timeline and causes things to go horribly wrong. Sinister's over there doing his thing as an entertaining misdirect. Emma's absolutely right in jumping on that, and hopefully she tries to stop him potentially doing that garbage going forward.

Agreed the only reason nobody suspected Hank and has been allowed to do anything he wanted on X-force was because of the respect, friendship and trust everyone has on him, because he earned this for years with his work and dedication, his reputation has keep him safe so far but now that he´s been discovered he´s going to have to face the music and it´s not going to be pretty imo.

A great coming together that accomplishes insane feats (like, say, obliterating the Phalanx and Dominions) before the conclusion of this run? Yeah, that sounds like the type of thing waiting at the end of a Hickman run. There's bits and pieces of this unity here and there, but it needs to become more frequent and organic. Notice how Magik's a professor at a non-mutant school of magic, and is a friend of Strange besides that. Dani's time as a Valkyrie has afforded her connections with other parts of the MU so seeing her catching up at the Gala was cool. Even just casual assists from the wider MU or organizations during typical X-Stuff would be good. Hell, you could create an entire run of how frustrated villains are in the face of that type of cooperation and camaraderie.
    Exactly poor villiains could bassically do nothing, or become even more fearsome, who knows, in the face of a truly united super hero world.

This is why I like the SWORD title so much it´s the window for the X-men to interact again with the main marvel universe characters appart from what each one of them has been doing on their own. I would love to see more Magik and Dr Strange cooperation or even Dany and Thor, Rogue recently was an Avenger and of course the elephant in the room with Wanda, Pietro, Lorna and Magneto is being adressed on SWORD.

So I think we will see some fights, misundertandings, between each faction but in the end I think we are going back to a united marvel super hero world or at least a few scenes involving that and I for one would love to see it.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Got to say that this somewhat disappointed me. The big plan is shunting the million identically unknown yet the same Arakko mutants to mars....whee. A million ugly designed characters who all just showed up and we were supposed to care because Apocalypse said so, all who are very tired "we like war, we fight for everything, war is good, yay war" are now on Mars, making them also no different from any alien race in marvel, but without the history of the kree, skrull, or shiar....They're just less lizard badoon.

It's a giant step forward...that means nothing because this isn't about actual x-men characters...just the version of the population of Genosha.
    Static Pulse: That's why I like you. You're like four degrees away from being a William Gibson protagonist.
    Old board post count: 2,089

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Mutants are born from humans and humans can be born from mutants, they are part of each other and part of the humanity collective,
    And we have no idea how this affects Arakko, if it's even true for them.

Has almost every single Arakki spent ~13 years as a human, before they hit puberty and their X-gene manifested?

Can two Arakki mutants have a child whose X-gene *never* manifests? (Like Graydon Creed, human son of two mutants.) What happens to those children? Given the brutal nature of Arakko, most likely those children are killed... But how long does one get to 'awaken?' If you hit 14 and haven't displayed any mutation yet, is it straight to the protein vats?

Or are there mutants on Arakko with powers that prevent that sort of thing, modifying the genes of children so that even those that wouldn't normally become mutants, gain an active X-gene and manifest just like everyone else? (Tarn the Vile seems like the dude who would suit this notion, and his pack of twisted followers might be children of Arakki mutants who would have, without his genetic-meddling and flesh-twisting, not been mutants themselves. Various 616 mutants have displayed similar talents, from Sage 'unlocking' the powers of Lifeguard and her surfer brother, to Elixir 'curing' Rahne of her de-activated X-gene. It would make sense that if Arakko has *millions* of mutants, they've got one, or many!, who can ensure no non-mutant births, one way or another.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Let’s be real, would humanity ever actually be acknowledged as anything other than screwups and bigots within the X-books? The likes of Reed Richards, Tony Stark, or T’Challa could do great things for humanity yet in the end nothing about humanity will ever be positively shown on the X-Men side of things.
    Oh give me a break, humanity has been doing great things....for humanity. Not mutants, so mutants are doing what they need to for their children. Reed, tony nor t'challa aint did a damn thing for mutants and humans have been villains to mutants since early xmen history. Yall are tryna be upset that humans are being shown as exactly what they are in the mu toward mutants lol.
    Last edited by Stormultt Divine; 06-19-2021 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    What a gorgeous book. My breath was taken away by Pepe Larraz. I must post these.

The Arraki omegas are outstanding and Erik is a genius. Incredible feats for most of the Krakoan omegas and a pregnant Jamie was the cherry on top.
    I loved the letters from Delores and NASA at the end.

I can't wait to visit Planet Arrako.

Agreed completely. I was blown away. Can't wait to see how the rest of the Marvel U reacts.
    Those pages were absolutely beautiful, i definitely want a PLANET ARRAKO book.

Astonishing Member

Presumably the grand solution to Moira’s conundrum is to, unlike the humans, embrace the inevitable and reach out to the machines.

Both of Man’s children united against them.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Presumably the grand solution to Moira’s conundrum is to, unlike the humans, embrace the inevitable and reach out to the machines.

Both of Man’s children united against them.
    Forge, Karma, Cable, the X-Men are already on the way to a synthesis of mutant and machine!

(Plus, Warlock, who is more or less the Prince of the entire race from which the Phalanx are spawned...)

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Forge, Karma, Cable, the X-Men are already on the way to a synthesis of mutant and machine!

(Plus, Warlock, who is more or less the Prince of the entire race from which the Phalanx are spawned...)
    As you say this...I've been wondering since HoX and DoX if Warlocke would play a bigger role in the story at some point.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post

I mean human created AI. The ones there’s a standing death sentence on

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    it's their franchise tho lol

Errr they fought a civil war over ruling over humanity

??

bruh I'm in the same boat it's fvckin irksome and sometimes problematic to ALLLLways be the first one to apologize/make amends/offer olive branch

ugh bruh.... Me to lol smdh

This all damn true
    If they are allowed a moment's respite from the yoke of oppression eating into the skin of their collective thriats, and able to take a good breathe of air their would be accusations of them breathing all the air.

Er if moles began proclaiming themselves as the dominant species I don't think many people would worry
    Yay! i finally found this. I am let's just say tipsy but when i read this earlier i remembering thinking how much time and thought must have went into it, especially with the quoting i had to respond to it or i would finally know i'm a bad person. lol.

What i meant is in the black community i truly feel we will hurt each other before we hurt like a white person, or anyone of any other race but i didn't want to be so blunt. I don't know if it is an internalized instinct to not face the consequences of outside forces or if we truly just have a compassion for others that we don't feel for ourselves but i wrestle with it. I know i personally try to go out of my way to make other people feel comfortable even if it's not my job or if there is nothing in it for me but i'm human and i still feel bad when they sometimes react in less than pleasant ways but that is our reality. I can say "good morning" at someone and they can look at me dirt for no other reason than my skin i probably close to dirt and you wonder for a minute "well all i said was hello and they looked at me like i tried to rob them" and realize they are a construct of their experience and end up wondering was my smile friendly enough but thankfully we me on and try and try again because is there reallly any other way for us.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

As for the Arakko Omegas powers being conveniently for for terraforming, they didn't seem that contrived except for the one with the very convenient power of "Is Omniscient"

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    As you say this...I've been wondering since HoX and DoX if Warlocke would play a bigger role in the story at some point.
    Agreed. Every time the Phalanx are mentioned I think of self-friend Warlocke.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    As for the Arakko Omegas powers being conveniently for for terraforming, they didn't seem that contrived except for the one with the very convenient power of "Is Omniscient"
    Based on the ratios of the current mutants who are omega in Krakoa there should be 700 Omega level mutants in Arakko if it's the same. I can't even think of 700 powers

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    Oh give me a break, humanity has been doing great things....for humanity. Not mutants, so mutants are doing what they need to for their children. Reed, tony nor t'challa aint did a damn thing for mutants and humans have been villains to mutants since early xmen history. Yall are tryna be upset that humans are being shown as exactly what they are in the mu toward mutants lol.
    Reed Richards sacrificed his life against Onslaught
    Tony Stark sacrificed his life against Onslaught
    T’Challa sacrificed his life against Onslaught
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

While everyone always talks about the ending (and ignoring that she herself thought she was a mutant at the time), Wanda did give mutants a dream society in House of M for all of the...two weeks(?) It lasted