Page 54 of 70 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    Lol some ppl are craving for this era to be done so things can go back to the old rehashed mess it was but Marvel alreadt explained this is the next step. The new stories that are coming? Its that for me!

The lack of creativity and lazy writing is no longer welcome lol. Long live hickmans era, give him a few decades actually.
    I’d rather stop reading the x-men than go back to the days of only 198 mutants allowed and the inhuman fart gassing the whole planet.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    God I hope it's not decades. Hickman is good but it's so much damn exposition. It's pages of characters dumping exposition occasionally interrupted by data pages with even more exposition
    I think they lay the ground work well though lmao. Also i think the action pages, reveals and drama is more rewarding after reading hickman's paragraphs but i really enjoy the mutant world building.

Given the weird sliding timeline that doesn't preclude it coming after X of Swords. It's apparently only been two weeks since X of Swords to the Hellfire Gala, in theory it could only be a week from Krakoas founding to the end of X of Swords
    I see what you mean, I just see that Scott making his case is in response to that X-Men document.

That's an interesting theory...if they can't actually succeed in replacing humanity in the other timelines, that could be interpreted as mutants not actually being the next step in evolution.
    The question is though is said evolution stunted because humanity keeps killing them? Would the mutants easily replace humanity if not for constant attacks? It's indeed interesting.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I’d rather stop reading the x-men than go back to the days of only 198 mutants allowed and the inhuman fart gassing the whole planet.
    Lmaoo

Just tragic, i couldn't bear it though, i stopped bothering with x-comics altogether back then. It looked hopeless.

I did read some of Nate Greys Jesus era shenanigans though lol.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Preach and praise!

Yeh but you know Hickman doesn't do things chronologically. This is the page before the one you posted. The X-Men page is a continuation to this one.

Receipts and Revelations!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    The fact that Xavier is smiling and what Magneto is saying, leaves me concerned this is all part of their and Moira's plan and Jean and Scott have just been manipulated into doing something which will ultimately just fuel the fire that burns the paradise down, rather than it being an act of heroic defiance against a flawed system.
    Well...that's extremely cynical. Not everything is some "evil" machination created by Moira. If anything she would actually be opposed to a mutant body that acts independently from the QC.

This just reads like Xavier and Magneto being proud that Cyclops is following his own convictions.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    I think they lay the ground work well though lmao. Also i think the action pages, reveals and drama is more rewarding after reading hickman's paragraphs but i really enjoy the mutant world building.
    It's world building if it's followed up on, otherwise it's just filler. See the 8 billion different things they establish about zombies in Army of the Dead, none of which is ever follows up on in any way (like the robot zombies, which are different than the regular zombies??? Or the fucking time travel???)
    Last edited by gonnagiveittoya; 06-20-2021 at 01:03 PM.

It feels almost inevitable that, at some point, there's going to be a big fuckup by Krakoa that kills the goodwill it has with humans and the X-Men will have to clean up the mess. That way the X-Men are still "outsiders" to Krakoa without being the hated and feared.
    The more I think about Planet-Size and X-Force, the more I think the “fuckup” has happened. I doubt Marvel will follow through on the implications of it all, but it’s really pretty bad. The “fuck-up” has happened twice in rapid succession.

First, Beast at the very least caused a mass slaughter of Terra Verdeans. I read the text of X-Force #10 as indicating X-Force saved the Terra Verdeans from the plant tech. But everybody else including the wikis seems to indicate Beast killed the ENTIRE population of Terra Verde. That’s genocide, folks. When one government commits a war crime like that against another country, that’s all-out war. Don’t try to finesse this. X-Force is an agency of the Krakoan government and the Arakkis. This at-best slaughter and at worse genocide of Terra Verdeans is actually the effect of the mutants’ government policy. In recent real-life history, war criminals and evil dictators have sometimes gotten away with this. Chairman Mao is an example of that. Other times, the governments and countries committing the slaughter have been understandably destroyed by other governments and held accountable, such as Nazi Germany following WWII or the Khmer Rouge in Cambodia following the Cambodian Civil War and Cambodian-Vietnamese War. Crimes against humanity are no joke. Xavier, Magneto, the rest of the Quiet Council, and Beast are war criminals. Maybe the HiXmen are just going to ignore this. As readers, I’m not sure how we can ignore this. It’s in continuity. It’s canon. Characters who commit these acts are the bad guys, not the good guys.

The second thing the mutants did, after the slaughter or genocide in Terra Verde, was to declare themselves rulers of the solar system, including Earth, and they militarized space, backing up their declaration. These two things taken together aren’t just setting up a homeland for mutants. As a historical analogy, this is like Tojo and Hirohito declaring rule over Asia by the Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere following the Rape of Nanking by Imperial Japan against China. For those who don’t understand my analogy, I’m talking about the start of WWII. For those who don’t understand who the combatants were, Imperial Japan were the genocidal imperial forces slaughtering their neighbors. The United States ended that Japanese Imperial government following WWII.

Basically, I don’t see how Krakoa or Arakko can possibly be seen as forces for good.

Don’t give me guff about the Genoshan massacre, because it was caused by Xavier’s evil twin sister. Nearly the same goes for M Day. It wasn’t caused by a human government. The actions within Terra Verde and the declaration of mutant rule were caused by the mutant government of gangsters, terrorists, and would-be world conquerors.

It’s all a fiction, of course. But in this fiction, the Quiet Council are really, really bad. Then again, we shouldn’t be surprised given that their main trade is drug dealing. I’d like to see the rest of the Marvel Universe take out these baddies.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Maybe, but the first of those feels like something that'll be for X Force specifically, and the second is something the X-Men are unambiguously in favor of.

I'm talking about something that actively alienates the X-Men from Krakoa. Not a full on civil war, but Krakoa making a move that the X-Men, as a team, are opposed to, that puts them in conflict with the council.

Someone explain to me please as to why the mutants would provide life-saving medicine to humans and announce a new X-Men team, dedicated to defending the world, if they wanted to rule Earth. Why would they have bothered to strive for UN recognition if they wanted to rule everything? Why would they have set up a diplomatic meeting place, designed to "end wars before they begin"?

Actually don't explain it to me because it makes no sense.

I'm talking about something that actively alienates the X-Men from Krakoa. Not a full on civil war, but Krakoa making a move that the X-Men, as a team, are opposed to, that puts them in conflict with the council.
    From reading the posts that came directly after Scott and Jean told the QC they're forming the X-Men, this is the kinda drama a lot of us are looking forward to.
    Last edited by JB; 06-20-2021 at 01:11 PM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

It's world building if it's followed up on, otherwise it's just filler. See the 8 billion different things they establish about zombies in Army of the Dead, none of which is ever follows up on in any way (like the robot zombies, which are different than the regular zombies??? Or the fucking time travel???)
    So what hasn't been followed up on and since this run isn't over and we don't know how long this status quo will last how can we say what is filler or not? Also that's also not how world building works.

Astonishing Member

Someone explain to me please as to why the mutants would provide life-saving medicine to humans and announce a new X-Men team, dedicated to defending the world, if they wanted to rule Earth. Why would they have bothered to strive for UN recognition if they wanted to rule everything? Why would they have set up a diplomatic meeting place, designed to "end wars before they begin"?

I mean isn't that basically the plan though? To take financial control of the planet and disenfranchise the bigots to make sure organizations like Orchis and the government's of the world have to power to persecute mutants.

Seeing as how they're either not reading the same X-books as you and I or have completely misconstrued what they've read...I don't believe they have any plausible explanation to give. So...the time would be better spent at the GL knocking back a few K-brews.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

From reading the posts that came directly after Scott and Jean told the QC they're forming the X-Men, this is the kinda drama a lot of us are looking forward to.
    Not only that but why would they place it, their base, in new york city where they are forgoing their amnesty and will be bound by the laws of the human world in MU america.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I mean isn't that basically the plan though? To take financial control of the planet and disenfranchise the bigots to make sure organizations like Orchis and the government's of the world have to power to persecute mutants.
    Actually no. That's not the intent. Re-read X-Men 04. HiX-Man pretty much spells it out in no uncertain terms.