Page 58 of 70 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Again, at least with those deaths good stories came with them even if they stayed dead. hell Death of Wolverine gave us Logan, one of the best superhero movies ever made. That wouldn't have happened in the Krakoa era
    To me Krakoa is great story of how an oppressed people are finally putting their differences aside and are together working to make sure they flourish.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Exactatiously.

That whole Lowtown/Madripoor situation in Marauders...That's mutants protecting their people their family...as is the God and Goddess given right. And defending the weak and defenseless while they're at it.

Or should they just roll over and allow the Verendi and the Russian Government and Peacock Man to just wipe them out again?

For the first time mutants have the power in strength and numbers to flex and flex hard against those who would see and engineer their destruction. And I'm here for it.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 06-20-2021 at 05:47 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Damn if only there were some ridiculously OP mutants that could fix those problems in six seconds, but haven't yet.

Man if only the Omegas used their powers to immediately eliminate the threat, the only reason which they don't being "the plot says they can't yet", instead of using them to flex
    Storm and Iceman did. Combat is very different than having room to concentrate and do glorious work as was done on Mars.

Point being there have been a lot of vulnerable and emotional moments this era. They've finally gone beyond trying to survive and rescue random mutants here and there, and are now saving them in large numbers.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Amazing how people bitch about the Avengers not solving the X-Mens problems when even the X-Men no longer solve the X-Mens problems. They could nuke Orchis to dust in seconds and the only reason they don't is because Hickman says it's not time to yet

Damn if only there were some ridiculously OP mutants that could fix those problems in six seconds, but haven't yet.
    Oh please if those mutants did that you would be the first one talking about how the mutants are disrespecting nations boarders and how those governments have a right to oppress their own people

Amazing how people bitch about the Avengers not solving the X-Mens problems when even the X-Men no longer solve the X-Mens problems
    You're just deflecting now and it's cool. I'm having fun. We went from the mutants are not vulnerable anymore to the powerful ones don't help. They got all of these children home safely.

The X-Men can't both be horribly oppressed and also godlike ubermensch

The world is not black & white
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Yes they can because not every mutant is Magneto , Storm or Iceman

But...wouldn't that turn them into exactly what you and others here are preaching against? It's either you want them to brutal killers without remorse or you want them to be more human and find better solutions to minimise the damage and death...

You can't have it both ways.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    Yes they can because not every mutant is Magneto , Storm or Iceman
    Exactly, and they prefer not to kill.

The display on Mars was indicative of what mutants can do when they finally have a safe, thriving home and are not running for their lives.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    My interpretation...

It's a threat. A "flex" if you will. Magneto carefully lays out to the other diplomats exactly what Krakoa is fully capable of doing in order to secure their safety and security, globally, against organisations like Orchis and "the wrong sort of people". He let's them know that he knows exactly how the game is played and that they have the ways and means to play it better and win.

It's not a plan which they will decidedly put in motion to take over the world.
    As Xavier later tells the delegates to "Learn the Lesson. Evolve. Adapt. Become something more." Giving them a chance to do better, be better...or else. Thereby putting the onus on the other nations present to ensure the next moves they make are wise ones. Essentially telling them "Don't start none. Won't be none".

Admittedly it is a tad antagonistic but it's Mags...that's what we expect. And Charles, having just been killed and resurrected, was clearly over their ****...and rightly so.
    Eh that's pretty much what I said. The major difference is it's not a threat or a flex just a simple fact. The first step of this was the Krakoan drugs, the second step was X-Corp, the third step was SWORD, and the fourth step was Planet Arrako. Magneto and Xavier plan to make Krakoa a world superpower perhaps it's largest in order to ensure the protection and interest of mutant kind. So it is a "takeover" of sorts just not a bloody one and the irony of it all is that they plan to use the the tools of capitalism (a human invention) to ensure mutant safety. That's what Magneto's whole spiel about in the past he would have just used nukes to take the world's governments hostage.

For the record I don't think Magneto or Xavier plan on putting themselves up as the overlords of Earth but they do plan on making sure that mutant kind never has to suffer bigots of the highest order (Orchis) and of the lowlies (just your everyday bigot) again.

I did say the 'intent' was not what some here believed it to be, literally.
    Logically speaking, that kind of economical "flex" over the length of time it would take to be effective (which is still not even a guarantee) would put a serious strain on their resources, both mutant and financial. Which is why, I saw it as a show of might and a warning, not a plan to actually put themselves as Overlords of Earth.

Plus all these examples are specifically from Marauders, which while I'm optimistic for the new main book, Duggan is still far from representative of the rest of the line till recently. It'd hard to say otherwise when the cats majority of the line is about the government of Krakoa and the Almighty X-Men But Not Actually X-Men Even Though The Book is Called X-Men
    Last edited by gonnagiveittoya; 06-20-2021 at 06:11 PM.