Page 62 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1252585960616263646566 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

You can't, that's why theyre ignored half the time she's in a story

Fantastic Member

COVERUP ALERT!!!!

NASA just tweeted this picture from Mars, but I think they're holding back information that can found in this very thread:

IMG_1877 (2).jpg

#EXPOSETHEMARSCOVERUP

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    idk why don't you explain Domino's powers
    Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    You can't, that's why theyre ignored half the time she's in a story
    LOL! You actually do have me there. I can’t, really. Can anyone? It involves odds and an eyepatch, but beyond that... I can’t say. Others I can’t explain include Sage and former mutant Wanda. (Actually, I can explain Sage, but like Doug Ramsey and Forge, I really don’t understand why it’s a “mutant” ability.) Then there’s the mutants with guns like Cable — their power? Guns, I think...

We also have the mutants who aren’t actually homo superior, like Warlock and Omega Sentinel. Of course, Omega has not ended so well and who can say how Warlock will go.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post

We also have the mutants who aren’t actually homo superior, like Warlock and Omega Sentinel. Of course, Omega has not ended so well and who can say how Warlock will go.
    Omega Sentinel ain't a Mutant. Shes a machine that went on the Frix fir a few years
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    LOL! You actually do have me there. I can’t, really. Can anyone? It involves odds and an eyepatch, but beyond that... I can’t say. Others I can’t explain include Sage and former mutant Wanda. (Actually, I can explain Sage, but like Doug Ramsey and Forge, I really don’t understand why it’s a “mutant” ability.) Then there’s the mutants with guns like Cable — their power? Guns, I think...

Wait you don't know what Cables mutant ability is?
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Wait you don't know what Cables mutant ability is?
    It's pointy feet, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    It's pointy feet, right?
    Wtf? No it's his shoulder pads. Where have you all been?
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Yeah the pointy feet and shoulder pads are Alpha Level powerful but...the pouches, that's the source of his Omega Level powers.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

You’re right, I missed that, LOL!

Or wait, is it the pockets and holders built into all his gear?

BTW, yes, I do know what Cable’s supposed powers are, but the guy uses guns as his power. Well, and shoulder pads!

Also, I freely admit Rob Liefeld is not the greatest draftsman and I personally don’t love his characters, like Cable and Domino. While Rob takes it on the chin for those things regularly, he so rarely gets the credit he deserves for bringing an excitement to his comics, particularly in the case of New Mutants > X-Force and related titles. Those books sold like hotcakes, and he had such a buzz around him. I didn’t get his characters, but ideas were flying out of Liefeld when he worked on the Marvel X titles. I think he appealed to some of the younger readers back then. He knows things about good comics nearly instinctively that much more sophisticated creators often miss. I’m sure I deserve to be disparaged for this, but Liefeld has a bit of Kirby in his creations and comics, something that taps into a childhood sense of adventure and excitement. That’s right — I just compared Liefeld to Kirby in a very positive way.

I still don’t “get” the powers of some of Liefeld’s most famous creations, though.

Hickman’s weird creations I do understand—they’re there to move the story along, LOL! They’re barely characters.
    Last edited by Brian B; 06-22-2021 at 06:07 AM.

Also, I freely admit Rob Liefeld is not the greatest draftsman and I personally don’t love his characters, like Cable and Domino. While Rob takes it on the chin for those things regularly, he so rarely gets the credit he deserves for bringing an excitement to his comics, particularly in the case of New Mutants > X-Force and related titles. Those books sold like hotcakes, and he had such a buzz around him. I didn’t get his characters, but ideas were flying out of Liefeld when he worked on the Marvel X titles. I think he appealed to some of the younger readers back then. He knows things about good comics nearly instinctively that much more sophisticated creators often miss. I’m sure I deserve to be disparaged for this, but Liefeld has a bit of Kirby in his creations and comics, something that taps into a childhood sense of adventure and excitement. That’s right — I just compared Liefeld to Kirby in a very positive way.
    Glad to see I'm not the only one that sees a lot of Kirby in Liefeld.

As much as Stryfe, for example, gets dunked on, he'd fit right in the the New Gods if you switched his armor from silver to gold or blue.

Astonishing Member

I suspect Isca’s powers need to actually know about something in order for her measure the odds and win/flip sides

So if she knows about Moira, the apparent ability of man-machine/novissima to always win or the inevitability of the Titans; her powers will compel her to switch

You’d need some kind of unspeakably powered probability manipulator to make her lose. Hmmm…

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Wait, maybe that's the way to game Iscas power? You can only beat her if she thinks she's on your side and you stab her in the back?

Wait, maybe that's the way to game Iscas power? You can only beat her if she thinks she's on your side and you stab her in the back?
    The knife would break on her back and a shard would hit them in the throat.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Astonishing Member

It needs to be something that she, the millennia old social Darwinist, wouldn’t think of as easy as breathing

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    I suspect Isca’s powers need to actually know about something in order for her measure the odds and win/flip sides

So if she knows about Moira, the apparent ability of man-machine/novissima to always win or the inevitability of the Titans; her powers will compel her to switch

You’d need some kind of unspeakably powered probability manipulator to make her lose. Hmmm…
    Interesting. So as long as Isca is still onboard with everything, it's guaranteed the mutants win!
    But if she starts packing her bags, we're in trouble.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!