Page 66 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1656626364656667686970 LastLast
    Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I'd be tempted to if it werent Ewing. But I do feel like all the **** I've had to put up With for pointing out something that was abjectly true, and confirmed on panel, has been unfair.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I wrote an apology.

And you are still not 100% abjectly correct. Storm and the Mutants aren't "Ruling Earth" as you were so fond of declaring. From what I've read...and it's only my first read through...Doom asks...who speaks for the newly formed Sol System? Storm says...She is the Regent of Mars. Not Earth...Mars. (Ha! Sorry Doomsy, you tried...but you're no Storm)

In effect, Namor can have his Earth and Seven seas. And the people bow down to him as King. The Mutants are quite beyond those now.

If you want to look at the more positive side of this...since Earth seems to have invasion issues...with being a member of the Intergalactic System they now have additional protection and an actual presence when dealing with the other galaxies. So again...the Mutants are protecting humanity on a much bigger scale.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 06-23-2021 at 07:12 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Major Props to you GonnaG. You are all-wise and all-knowing. You were right. Let's all bask in the glory of your Rightness!

Right...that done...

I'm so glad the Goddess answered my prayers and Storm is the chosen Regent of Sol. Namor really would have been insufferable beyond tolerance.
    After storm stealing from Wakanda ,I wouldn't be so hasty to genuflect just yet. I'd rather have Selene off world and being the envoy, at her age she is a much more sensible choice.With Storm we are guaranteed a major **** up, made on a whim.

If you want to look at the more positive side of this...since Earth seems to have invasion issues...with being a member of the Intergalactic System they now have additional protection and an actual presence when dealing with the other galaxies. So again...the Mutants are protecting humanity on a much bigger scale.
    Then they sure drop the ball by X-Men, since that begins with an alien attack

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Then they sure drop the ball by X-Men, since that begins with an alien attack
    To me Arrako being on Mars is tactical, most likely when the phalanx target earth, they will desolate Arrako first to show , just what a huge threat they are , and then Krakoa will miraculously prevail.It's a ploy to sacrifice Arrako to a galactic threat(you heard it here first ..I hope I'm wrong)

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    To me Arrako being on Mars is tactical, most likely when the phalanx target earth, they will desolate Arrako first to show , just what a huge threat they are , and then Krakoa will miraculously prevail.It's a ploy to sacrifice Arrako to a galactic threat(you heard it here first ..I hope I'm wrong)
    So from your perspective marvel is advertising and setting up their most prominent black female character to fail?
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I wrote an apology.

And you are still not 100% abjectly correct. Storm and the Mutants aren't "Ruling Earth" as you were so fond of declaring. From what I've read...and it's only my first read through...Doom asks...who speaks for the newly formed Sol System? Storm says...She is the Regent of Mars. Not Earth...Mars. (Ha! Sorry Doomsy, you tried...but you're no Storm)

In effect, Namor can have his Earth and Seven seas. And the people bow down to him as King. The Mutants are quite beyond those now.

Earth being part of the solar system, being Regent of Sol implies rulership over Earth as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    So from your perspective marvel is advertising and setting up their most prominent black female character to fail?
    It does feel like Arakko is very useful cannon fodder to job against the big bad before the final battle. Very Dothraki type ****

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    Earth being part of the solar system, being Regent of Sol implies rulership over Earth as well.
    To who?
    It does feel like Arakko is very useful cannon fodder to job against the big bad before the final battle. Very Dothraki type ****
    Err that's my biggest fear. I thought they would shunt the terraformed Mars in it's own reality or something to guarantee the Arrakkoans be the commanders of their fate
    GrindrStone(D)

i would agree actually if not for storm being there. The huge arc for storm, the waiting, the way marvel is promoting it. How all the recent crossovers were alluding to it, her godhood before being confirmed in sword. Not saying it cant or wont but with storm being there it is the only thing i feel will save arrako from that fate.

Had it been namor the planet would be gone tomorrow mu time.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I dunno how long they'll keep storm away from the mainline X-Men stuff

i would agree actually if not for storm being there. The huge arc for storm, the waiting, the way marvel is promoting it. How all the recent crossovers were alluding to it, her godhood before being confirmed in sword. Not saying it cant or wont but with storm being there it is the only thing i feel will save arrako from that fate.

Had it been namor the planet would be gone tomorrow mu time.
    I feel exactly the same. Adding Storm upped the prominence of what was done and I don't see them tearing it down any time soon. Will they go to war and have struggles? Certainly but placing Ororo in this position just to take it from her so soon doesn't seem likely.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member

I’d say for drama, not necessarily to fail.

Remember when she was leader of the Morlocks, we got the mutant massacre.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    To who?
    Regent of Sol surely means regent of the entire solar system which revolves around our sun, not just of Mars. Earth is one of the planets that revolves around Sol, in case you weren't aware. Ergo, the Regent of Sol, having dominion over all of Sol's system, would have rulership of Earth.

I dunno how long they'll keep storm away from the mainline X-Men stuff
    Ahahaaaahhahahahah....?!?!? Okay what importance did she have prior to being named regent? X-office felt so strongly about Storms potential that they had her UNDER kitty's leadership on a team. Truthfully she never was given real prominence on the Quiet Council. I also feel they might have set Storm up to hold a serious "L" but I figure that hopefully they make the fall interesting.