Page 68 of 70 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970 LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1037
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Also they bribe people to acknowledge her as regent.

Wakanda didn't take it and the Kree/Skull are not decided yet.

Also she still has to prove herself to be capable.I'd rofl if the sentinel city by orchis just folds arrako like an omelete along with Storm.
    I wouldn't say it's a bribe more of a reminder that the GC needs them more than they need the GC. I mean they single handedly saved the shiar empire and ended the snark war, they also seem to have impressed others with their terraforming technique, plus they have the entire brood situation under control directly... And have now solved an intergalactic economic collapse. All they want is a diplomatic acknowledgement of their regency. But to be frank with what they have done they really truly could've indirectly manipulated the galactic political stage to get recognition. They are simply trying it the honest way first.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking, what do the actual mutants of Arakko think of Storm as their queen ?, especially an warring mutant race such as the Arakko. Surely they would think that there are actual more worthy contenders amoung their own people.
    Agreed. That's why I find the solicit for SWORD #8 intriguing: "But when you have to prove to your people who you are, every single day without fail... what becomes of who you were?"
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Agreed. That's why I find the solicit for SWORD #8 intriguing: "But when you have to prove to your people who you are, every single day without fail... what becomes of who you were?"
    That cover art reminds me of this from UXM 224...and I'm here for it!
    Storm UXM 224.jpg
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    That cover art reminds me of this from UXM 224...and I'm here for it!
    Storm UXM 224.jpg
    Yes! Oh that was a great issue.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Yes! Oh that was a great issue.
    agreed they don't know ororo has already been forged by fire.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

She's the Regent of Sol/Mars/Planet Arrako. She's not Queen/Ruler of Earth and it's nations. (Nor are any of the other Mutants. Which is what GG was shouting over and over for anyone to hear). The Nations of Earth would never countenance a "Ruler above All" far less a mutant one. At best they will tolerate her "Speaking/Representing" on Earth's behalf in Galactic matters as they don't have anyone else worthy of that role...but I'm sure even some like Doom would have issue with that.
    Sol is the Sun, not Mars. She is claiming rulership of Sol and its whole solar system. And Earth is part of that solar system. If she's Regent of Sol, not Sol-except-for-Earth, then she's claiming to be in charge of the whole solar system, Earth included.

And that's the last word on that, unless you can prove that Earth is not part of the solar system.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    It's a he who rules america rules earth situation. Yes storm is regent of mars and mars is the most powerful superpower in the system so ruling mars is basically dulling the solar system and when you take into consideration the fact that mars is now the economic epicenter of the entire galaxy it places an even bigger gravitas on the title.
    She's Regent of Sol. Does that include Earth? If Earth is in the solar system, then yes.

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    She's Regent of Sol. Does that include Earth? If Earth is in the solar system, then yes.
    Plus I believe there are some other inhabitants in Sol that don’t live on Earth. Glad Storm is given the proper title Queen and she won’t be alone in guarding Sol, I’m more concerned that if anything goes wrong she will be the one who has to take all the blame instead of Brand as Storm is now the Voice of Sol. Also again I’ll state owning one planet doesn’t mean you rule the whole solar system unless given consent by those governed. Knowing Namor he, like Doom would balk at being seen as less.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Sol is the Sun, not Mars. She is claiming rulership of Sol and its whole solar system. And Earth is part of that solar system. If she's Regent of Sol, not Sol-except-for-Earth, then she's claiming to be in charge of the whole solar system, Earth included.

And that's the last word on that, unless you can prove that Earth is not part of the solar system.
    Common sense just escapes you. Everyone knows Storm is not going to go to Earth and tell them how to live.

We are talking about the galaxy powers. They don't view Earth as a galaxtic power. The mutants with their new planet have shown to be the only unified galaxy power in the region of Sol. Wakanda's empire is not located in Sol. Since they were able to terraform so quickly it stands to reason they will soon do the same to the other planets in the era (Venus, Mercury , Pluto, etc) That is why she speaks for Sol because the other galaxy powers don't consider the other places worth doing business with.

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    Common sense just escapes you. Everyone knows Storm is not going to go to Earth and tell them how to live.

We are talking about the galaxy powers. They don't view Earth as a galaxtic power. The mutants with their new planet have shown to be the only unified galaxy power in the region of Sol. Wakanda's empire is not located in Sol. Since they were able to terraform so quickly it stands to reason they will soon do the same to the other planets in the era (Venus, Mercury , Pluto, etc) That is why she speaks for Sol because the other galaxy powers don't consider the other places worth doing business with.
    Mercury is being colonized by Orchis using Sentinels. A galaxy is bigger than a solar system. Unified is a stretch sense Storm still has to prove herself to those on Arakki. Again same as the Shi’ar Empire is structured planets can govern themselves they still fall under Shi’ar rule. Storm doesn’t have to tell the Earth what to do for other galactic representatives to view it as part of her rule. Even the Shi’ar view the Earth as under mutant rule. It may be just the Shi’ar but other planetary/galactic empires could view it like that as well.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    Mercury is being colonized by Orchis using Sentinels. A galaxy is bigger than a solar system. Unified is a stretch sense Storm still has to prove herself to those on Arakki. Again same as the Shi’ar Empire is structured planets can govern themselves they still fall under Shi’ar rule. Storm doesn’t have to tell the Earth what to do for other galactic representatives to view it as part of her rule. Even the Shi’ar view the Earth as under mutant rule. It may be just the Shi’ar but other planetary/galactic empires could view it like that as well.
    Unified isn't a stretch at all. There are only 2 factions on the planet and they are on the same page krakoa and arrako. Compared to Earth which has too many nations to remember.

They view Earth as nothing more than a backwater place. That's not the mutants fault. People can view it however they want we are talking about Storm "ruling Earth" because honestly she isn't. At most she would only tell other space empires not to mess with it if they want to continue an alliance with the mutant planet.

As long as Earth doesn't start trouble with the mutants they would be free to grow and try to gain galactic recognition themselves, but good luck getting USA, Russia, Latveria, and all those other nations on the same page.

In Marauders 21 the Shi'ar Ambassador congratulates Mutants for conquering the Earth. That clearly has not happened. And Emma disavows that notion. Lexical semantics regarding "Queen" and "Regent" aside...the Earth, though now considered part of Galactic Council Sol, is not under Storm's or anyone else's "rule". She most likely will speak for and act on behalf of Earth, autonomously, (because we know, Namor, Viktor and the other nations' Presidents won't collectively concur) but that is all.

Mutantdom, for all of Erik's economic threats and Beast's villainy, do not have any ruling foothold in any of Earth's nations...except Krakoa, itself.

The good thing is, this is Storm...at least she will have the Earth's best interest at heart, unlike the aforementioned self-serving Rulers.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Agreed. Sol was simply not taken seriously by other galactic societies because Earth is notoriously divided. In my mind Storm is essentially saying "while the kids squabble, I'll represent our system which is now on the grand stage." Everyone in the cosmos is watching the mutants.

Astonishing Member

In Marauders 21 the Shi'ar Ambassador congratulates Mutants for conquering the Earth. That clearly has not happened. And Emma disavows that notion. Lexical semantics regarding "Queen" and "Regent" aside...the Earth, though now considered part of Galactic Council Sol, is not under Storm's or anyone else's "rule". She most likely will speak for and act on behalf of Earth, autonomously, (because we know, Namor, Viktor and the other nations' Presidents won't collectively concur) but that is all.

Mutantdom, for all of Erik's economic threats and Beast's villainy, do not have any ruling foothold in any of Earth's nations...except Krakoa, itself.

The good thing is, this is Storm...at least she will have the Earth's best interest at heart, unlike the aforementioned self-serving Rulers.
    Thinking about it. What ever intentional or not the mutants are actualy doing a fair bit of smoke and mirrors here.

There seem to be a bit of a of a bluff to hide or distract from the fact that the large majority of mutants does not in any way compare to the very small number of "gods" who terraformed Mars (compared to alien species with uniform super powers, many mutants would barely count above baseline humans), that the super metal they can provide the galactic community requires the unified effort of especialy gifted teleporters to gather (heavily limiting the volume they can produce) of which they once again have very few or that the "Regent" of Sol is only capable of talking for a few million people living on a freshly terraformed rust covered small planet and even fewer millions on an island on the bigger water covered planet with a fully functional eco system and a few billion people she doesn't talk for as they don't recognize her authority.

That's why the Mysterium is so important. They may not have the numbers or the status as the other Galactic Members but they have something that's currently much more valuable and needed (from an economic perspective). So not really Smoke and Mirrors.

Technically, they actually have greater bargaining leverage with Mysterium for the galaxies than with K-drugs for the humans.