Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    There are no other villains in New Mutants right now. The last time we saw Gabby she was being left alone with Farouk. In this issue we see him telling her she won't mess this up for him before he's done with the other kids. Not only is all the evidence on Farouk, but there is no one else it could have been.

My guess is he tried to make it look like a suicide, probably through mind control and having her write that note. He likely also made her write that she didn't want to be brought back, which may be a source of further debate. Anything to divert suspicion. The biggest question is just what would it take to kill someone with a healing factor or to make it look like someone with a healing factor killed herself.
    People with healing factors can die. Laura, Daken and Logan have. Gabby's isnt as powerful as theirs

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Yea I understand she is going through a tough time, but if she's not making good decisions like this she shouldn't be in a teaching position. Even this deep in depression, she should have the foresight to be weary of who she trusts. Gabby trusted her as an authority figure and paid the consequences.

then again, rahne's track record as an authority figure is already bad, considering she dated Elixir while he was a student...
    fair enough. We'll have to wait and see how this plays out but I wouldnt be surprised if SK is exerting some influence on her too
    Last edited by Havok83; 06-16-2021 at 02:28 PM.

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

For shame! People blaming Rahne for what she did when under the sway of a powerful and ancient telepath.

There are no other villains in New Mutants right now. The last time we saw Gabby she was being left alone with Farouk. In this issue we see him telling her she won't mess this up for him before he's done with the other kids. Not only is all the evidence on Farouk, but there is no one else it could have been.

My guess is he tried to make it look like a suicide, probably through mind control and having her write that note. He likely also made her write that she didn't want to be brought back, which may be a source of further debate. Anything to divert suspicion. The biggest question is just what would it take to kill someone with a healing factor or to make it look like someone with a healing factor killed herself.
    That was the farthest thing from a suicide note; that was an "If I die, it probably had something to do with this." note.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha's Ghost View Post
    For shame! People blaming Rahne for what she did when under the sway of a powerful and ancient telepath.
    Agreed, we all know Shadow King's power kick into high gear when his victims have faced traumatic events. Grace should definitely be reserved for Rhane.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy! View Post
    Agreed, we all know Shadow King's power kick into high gear when his victims have faced traumatic events. Grace should definitely be reserved for Rhane.
    Ok. But if theree any hint she did it intentionally, the wolverine clan better turn her in to a fur coat

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Good riddance.

Good issue, I liked that it was still the New Mutants story just set at the Gala and we didn’t have to take a month off. I feel like Farrouk being the killer is too obvious, it just seems kind of lazy. “Look, this bad guy is getting close with some kids, wait he killed one of them oh no!” It’s too easy. I bet there’s more to it.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

This issue was very good. I honestly felt super sad with the ending. I'm also thinking Farrouk is not the real bad guy. Seems really missdirect-y. Then again, it could be a missdirect missdirect.

I really want to know how the resurrection protocols will handle Gabby, and what this could potentially mean for Maddie and/or Mystique's revenge depending on what they decide.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Good issue, I liked that it was still the New Mutants story just set at the Gala and we didn’t have to take a month off. I feel like Farrouk being the killer is too obvious, it just seems kind of lazy. “Look, this bad guy is getting close with some kids, wait he killed one of them oh no!” It’s too easy. I bet there’s more to it.
    I think all the series really have done a good job with that. No plots were derailed and things proceeded as they were with the Gala being used as a backdrop for the storytelling

Extraordinary Member

Two villains: Either Farouk or the Shadow King entity itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I think all the series really have done a good job with that. No plots were derailed and things proceeded as they were with the Gala being used as a backdrop for the storytelling
    You're so right. The only books that haven't really risen to the challenge for me were Marauders and X-Men surprisingly and I think that's because both had very specific things to set up so the writers couldn't just have fun in a new setting/ concept.

Mighty Member

Now that Gabby is out of the core team, who will replace her as part of the core team?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    I really want to know how the resurrection protocols will handle Gabby, and what this could potentially mean for Maddie and/or Mystique's revenge depending on what they decide.
    My guess is, nothing, Anole, Cosmar and Rainboy will just use what they have been doing the past few issues to bring her back (my money is on in the next 6 issues or less), hence bypassing the whole protocol situation, making this once again another weirdly easy death of an X-men character, with no lasting consequences in the current run.

If the writer wanted this to last, they wouldn't have put in all the dead body and mind transfer tinkering by the other characters into focus.

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    Now that Gabby is out of the core team, who will replace her as part of the core team?
    What core team?
    She sin't out of this book yet...

I really didn't liked this issue, a lot of people talking and jus ton the end the lot moves. Still no laura and Gaby interaction.
    I fail to understand the hype this book is getting.

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    It's not really that kind of book.
    Also, given that "Reanimate corpse" appears to be on the other youth's itinerary, even if she doesn't get xeroxed, not sure she's gonna stay dead.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!