Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

I hope Sam and Berto show up in Sword at some point.

Age of X has given us a ton of options, some good some bad. This is one of the good ones. Yes, Vita takes their time to move the plot but in the end I think they do a great job with climax.

X-Men: World Building
    Sword: Intergalactic
    X-Force: Action/Crimes against humanity
    Excalibur: redacted
    X-Factor: Investigations (Although that's not what we got)
    Hellions: Action/Comedy
    New Mutants: Character Development

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    Here's the link to all the debate in case you missed it.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...nts-19-preview

What that felt like

ocd-naked-guns-student-driver-20080603041436557-000.jpg

I had no idea that thread got closed lol. Such a great issue to be marred by superficial hot takes.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeon View Post
    I thought Karma got resurrected with her organic leg? Did they cut it off again? I mean, her ugly bionic leg was involved in really important story arcs. Not.

Regarding Thunderbird, I think a lot of people got confused by that longhaired bandana wearing guy, who’s touching Kwanlock‘s back.

Attachment 110588
    you thought wrong. She was shown with her metal leg in the issue that resurrected her

Extraordinary Member

I'm a little unclear on how the Gala outfits were designed. Did the characters tell Jumbo what they wanted or did he just whip up whatever he wanted for each person? I thought it was the former but after this issue it looks like the latter?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    I'm a little unclear on how the Gala outfits were designed. Did the characters tell Jumbo what they wanted or did he just whip up whatever he wanted for each person? I thought it was the former but after this issue it looks like the latter?
    I think a little of both.

Anyone find it funny how the OG New Mutants kinda faked? You’d expect all their votes to go to Berto or Sam, but they really all did their own thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Anyone find it funny how the OG New Mutants kinda faked? You’d expect all their votes to go to Berto or Sam, but they really all did their own thing.
    I wouldnt. Sam has a whole wife and baby in another galaxy. I wouldnt vote for him bc he wouldnt be able to commit to the role full time. At best he'd be a reserve member that pops in and out. I do think at least one person would have voted for Roberto though

Extraordinary Member

Looks like in-canon Sam didn't run, only Roberto. Otherwise why would Sam vote for Roberto over himself? So Roberto only got the vote of 1 of his friends. But then, Roberto left Krakoa for alien bird-lady booty and they all know it. Why would they vote for him?

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Looks like in-canon Sam didn't run, only Roberto. Otherwise why would Sam vote for Roberto over himself? So Roberto only got the vote of 1 of his friends. But then, Roberto left Krakoa for alien bird-lady booty and they all know it. Why would they vote for him?
    Sam was in the running. He probably didnt vote for himself for the reason I mentioned above. I dont think he expected to win anyway and may have done it to gauge the support he has on Krakoa

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Sam was in the running. He probably didnt vote for himself for the reason I mentioned above. I dont think he expected to win anyway and may have done it to gauge the support he has on Krakoa
    I understand why Sam voted for Berto. But I’m surprised he didn’t vote for Husk.

I guess being an X-Woman is no longer Paige’s dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I understand why Sam voted for Berto. But I’m surprised he didn’t vote for Husk.

I guess being an X-Woman is no longer Paige’s dream.
    It hasnt been in a while. In the last Generation X series, she trainsitioned to desire more of a counselor role. I think she was working on her PhD. Im actually more surprised she isnt in NM in that capacity

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I don't think so. It was a telepathic vote where the candidates made their pitches to everyone at the same time. And the exact results and who voted for who were not revealed. It makes no sense for Sam to run for any reason under those circumstances. All he'd get is the embarrassment of all of mutantdom knowing he wasn't serious. I'm pretty sure at this point the fan-vote characters were not all in the running in-universe.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy! View Post
    I hope Sam and Berto show up in Sword at some point.

Age of X has given us a ton of options, some good some bad. This is one of the good ones. Yes, Vita takes their time to move the plot but in the end I think they do a great job with climax.

X-Men: World Building
    Sword: Intergalactic
    X-Force: Action/Crimes against humanity
    Excalibur: redacted
    X-Factor: Investigations (Although that's not what we got)
    Hellions: Action/Comedy
    New Mutants: Character Development
    I see what you did there LOL

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

And Children of the Atom which is, uh, um...also there. Vague, possibly offensive trans allegories?