Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Mutants Who Represent You!

Please list at least 5 parts of your identity (some examples are age/age-range, gender, race, religion, personality, family relationship, nationality, mental and physical health status, occupation and many more-anything that represents the many facets of you). After you list at least 5 identity markers, please list mutants who represent that part of you.

You can list as many as you want and the mutant listed doesn't have to be your favorite, but if they are your favorites or they resonate with you, please make a note. This will be a way to see the many different types of people on the board and also see what identities are represented among our merry mutants. I'll start and model, but please feel free to do your own thing. You can also share what you learned by doing this.

1. BLACK-Synch (One of my favorites), Bishop, Storm)
    2. MALE-Cyclops (My favorite)
    3. GAY-Iceman (I came out later in life like adult Bobby), Northstar, Anole
    4. ARTIST-Colossus (I always loved when he was shown painting)
    5. EDUCATOR/SCHOOL LEADER-Professor Xavier (I've been in education for 30 years)
    6. MIDDLE-AGED-Magneto (One of my favorites)
    7.BROODING/ANGSTY-Magik (One of my favorites)
    8. INTELLIGENT/HIGH-ACHIEVING-Monet (One of my favorites), Kid Omega
    9. AMERICAN-Havok, Boom Boom
    10. OLDER BROTHER-Cyclops (Again, my favorite superhero of any franchise)

So, I noticed that most of my favorite characters are directly related to a piece of my identity.
    Last edited by GeneTitan; 07-08-2021 at 04:07 PM.
    Mutant and Proud!

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    Please list at least 5 parts of your identity (some examples are age/age-range, gender, race, religion, personality, family relationship, nationality, mental and physical health status, occupation and many more-anything that represents the many facets of you). After you list at least 5 identity markers, please list mutants who represent that part of you.

You can list as many as you want and the mutant listed doesn't have to be your favorite, but if they are your favorites or they resonate with you, please make a note. This will be a way to see the many different types of people on the board and also see what identities are represented among our merry mutants. I'll start and model, but please feel free to do your own thing. You can also share what you learned by doing this.

5. EDUCATOR/SCHOOL LEADER-Professor Xavier (I've been in education for 30 years)

So, I noticed that most of my favorite characters are directly related to a piece of my identity.
    I don't know if this is still valid, but someone once placed the year of Magneto's birth at 1928.
    My flag is bacon.

Jean Grey for myriad reasons. I might share more later.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    I don't know if this is still valid, but someone once placed the year of Magneto's birth at 1928.
    I see what you mean, but he's one of the older ones and I see myself in that space at my job.
    Mutant and Proud!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post

Man, you're hitting it out of the park tonight.

I didn't really ever think about why I like particular characters, but I think you've made me re-evaluate my motivations. Banshee has been my favourite character since I was a kid in the early and mid 70s. I'm of Irish descent, so I guess that's pretty obvious. I used to really like Beast, I hate how he's been written for the past few years. It was his origin story I liked where he was a great footballer, at 18 I signed a contract as a professional rugby player.. I'm an accountant now, after a pretty varied life, so I always find myself following Iceman's adventures too. I love Jubilee, because I had a daughter with exactly that attitude. I love Warpath because I have a brother who died.

You've made me think tonight my friend, I'd love to sit with you somewhere and share a few beers.

Cuckoos - Spice comments every once in a while and usually spicier than needed. I also love to gossip.
    Jean - Poor fashion choices.
    Cypher - Fall in love hard and fast with someone.

There's the gay side, but I don't feel like any of the gay characters represent me.

1. Black- Synch(favorite mutant)

2. Flirt- Sunspot

3. Father- Beak(only one I could think of that's not a deadbeat dad)

4. Pride- Sunfire

5. Unapologetic- Apocalypse

This is a great thread idea! It'll be interesting to see how nuanced this can get. In my Blackness, I feel personally represented by Storm, Prodigy, and Synch, but not Bishop, because he's too hypermasculine. In my queerness, I feel represented again by Prodigy, but not Iceman or Northstar, because based on my experiences in the gay community, white gays don't feel like representation for me. Because of my background, the things I've accomplished, and my personality, I feel represented by Monet (2x because she's also Black) and Emma. Because of things I've had to overcome, I feel represented by Magik and X-23.

Despite all of that, Jean is my favorite character even though I don't feel personally represented by her.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
    Man, you're hitting it out of the park tonight.

I didn't really ever think about why I like particular characters, but I think you've made me re-evaluate my motivations. Banshee has been my favourite character since I was a kid in the early and mid 70s. I'm of Irish descent, so I guess that's pretty obvious. I used to really like Beast, I hate how he's been written for the past few years. It was his origin story I liked where he was a great footballer, at 18 I signed a contract as a professional rugby player.. I'm an accountant now, after a pretty varied life, so I always find myself following Iceman's adventures too. I love Jubilee, because I had a daughter with exactly that attitude. I love Warpath because I have a brother who died.

You've made me think tonight my friend, I'd love to sit with you somewhere and share a few beers.
    I appreciate the comment and I loved reading what you wrote. Sorry to hear about your brother and thanks for sharing something so personal. Wish we could meet up somewhere. You seem cool AND you read comics!
    Mutant and Proud!

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    This is a great thread idea! It'll be interesting to see how nuanced this can get. In my Blackness, I feel personally represented by Storm, Prodigy, and Synch, but not Bishop, because he's too hypermasculine. In my queerness, I feel represented again by Prodigy, but not Iceman or Northstar, because based on my experiences in the gay community, white gays don't feel like representation for me. Because of my background, the things I've accomplished, and my personality, I feel represented by Monet (2x because she's also Black) and Emma. Because of things I've had to overcome, I feel represented by Magik and X-23.

Despite all of that, Jean is my favorite character even though I don't feel personally represented by her.
    Thanks for sharing. Now that I read what you posted, I think I really love Magik b/c of what she's had to overcome. I had a huge obstacle in my life, but that's not a part of my identity I'm ready to share here. Wow, I hadn't even really thought of WHY I love Magik so much until you wrote that. Thank you.
    Mutant and Proud!

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    1. Black- Synch(favorite mutant)

2. Flirt- Sunspot

3. Father- Beak(only one I could think of that's not a deadbeat dad)

4. Pride- Sunfire

5. Unapologetic- Apocalypse
    I knew you were Black b/c of your posts in the Synch Appreciation thread, but the rest rounds you out for me. Thanks for posting.
    Mutant and Proud!

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    Cuckoos - Spice comments every once in a while and usually spicier than needed. I also love to gossip.
    Jean - Poor fashion choices.
    Cypher - Fall in love hard and fast with someone.

There's the gay side, but I don't feel like any of the gay characters represent me.

I don't feel like any of the gay characters represent me either. I love how you relate to the Cuckoos and Jean. LOL!
    Mutant and Proud!

Fantastic Member

I sort of felt like Nate Grey was someone I could get behind. Hard to pinpoint but I think it was that he just didn't fit in. It wasn't his world and even there....

I wanted to relate to the Gen X cast but it was sort of hard.

I would say i'm a combination of Legion/Forge/Prodigy/Colossus? and Eyeboy.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Wonderful post idea. Thank you.

1. CARIBBEAN LATINO- Cecelia Reyes is Puerto Rican also.
    2. GAY- I identify the most with Rictor. I'm in sunny Florida so my complexion changes constantly like his does . Moody at times.
    3. LIGHTHEARTED- Synch and I have similar vibes
    4. ACTIVE - Rogue and I love to roughhouse
    5. SIBLING DRAMA- Captain Betsy
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!