Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy! View Post

X-Men: World Building
    Sword: Intergalactic
    X-Force: Action/Crimes against humanity
    Excalibur: redacted
    X-Factor: Investigations (Although that's not what we got)
    Hellions: Action/Comedy
    New Mutants: Character Development
    I would like New Mutants to be more of a 'Fantastic Four' theme where the core members are just like close family members as in Chris Claremont's first New Mutants run.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    So………..when is Karma going to end up with Dani or Illyana?
    They are more like sisters rather than lovers.

Dani might end up with Warpath.

Illyana should be with Doug but he's taken by Bei.

Do Maddie and Gabby enter into the same clone concept?

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    Do Maddie and Gabby enter into the same clone concept?
    The story isnt done being told. The next few issues of NM should get into that

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Weirdly Gabby fits the description for the whole Trial of Magneto thing, in that it'd be very divisive as to whether or not she's a person who deserves revival. Wonder who it is since it's not her then

BANNED

Maddie was literally a piece of Jean's soul or something, functionally making her an evil duplicate of Jean. Gabby was created from Laura's genetic material but has her own soul and identity. They're not remotely the same concept.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Maddie was literally a piece of Jean's soul or something, functionally making her an evil duplicate of Jean. Gabby was created from Laura's genetic material but has her own soul and identity. They're not remotely the same concept.
    But can you convince X-Factor of this?

Because Evan Apocalypse was the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Tell that to the Council, who definitely don't see it that way

Mighty Member

With the amount of build up to this, and the fact that the New Mutants were totally unsure of the situation.

There's no way Gabby's revival is gonna be even remotely clean.

My actual curiosity is how the other kids are going to break this? Will they reveal that gabby died? Hide it?

We actually don't know just yet.

I don't see how they could keep it a secret.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I don't see how they could keep it a secret.
    yeah nor do I see why they would unless SK possessed them

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    Vita Ayala continues to impress on New Mutants. Like Hellions, this issue used the Hellfire Gala as a backdrop for continued development of its characters.

This issue really highlighted the difference with the writing on Excalibur. In contrast to Excalibur, the character development doesn't come across as one-note. Compare how Rictor's obsession with Apocalypse is handled compared to how Rahne's obsession with Tier is written just to see how much better the writing on New Mutants is. The core New Mutants come across as family/friends (the Group Chat is amusing) through their actions/dialogue as opposed to having characters tell each other they are friends.

The ending of the issue is really a bummer, but has certainly been foreshadowed over the previous issues. I am excited to see where this goes.
    Agreed. Well, except for the Excalibur comments, but that because I don't read Excalibur. I especially liked the much needed conversation between Dani and Rahne. Xi'an taking down that creep was cool, too. The only disappointment was having to wait at least another month to see Tran. Unless he's taken over Xi'an's body, of course...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Agreed. Well, except for the Excalibur comments, but that because I don't read Excalibur. I especially liked the much needed conversation between Dani and Rahne. Xi'an taking down that creep was cool, too. The only disappointment was having to wait at least another month to see Tran. Unless he's taken over Xi'an's body, of course...
    How do you know Tran will appear next issue?

The cover shows that it will focus on Gabby.

I did say at least another month. I'm hoping we'll find out what happened to him, but I'm not counting on it.

Anyone against bringing Gabby back is on my mutant S$)$ list. and that includes up to my fave character Storm. I don't care about the clone stuff or anything else but how gabby was presented by taylor and how she was presented by Vita i honestly feel if there is an issue bringing back someone like her that it will be hard to believe in what mutants supposedly stand for on krakoa. At least those in the know or who won't bring her back so this could go many ways for me.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/