Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Disney doesnt have a deal with the military. They all still have their metal prosthetics bc artists like to draw them and for the writer, these arent artifacts that get in the way of anything they'd want to write. Fans may complain but ultimately it doesnt really matter
    I know 100% Captain America was commissioned specifically as propaganda for the war effort by the military back in the day. I know many of the MCU films are created in cooperation with the military in the modern era. It is certainly a possibility.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I know 100% Captain America was commissioned specifically as propaganda for the war effort by the military back in the day. I know many of the MCU films are created in cooperation with the military in the modern era. It is certainly a possibility.
    If that were the case, then why hasnt there been any tie-in? I certainly could have missed it but having Karma and Hellion appear in some special one shot like they've been doing with the Marvel Voices series, would have made sense. A few creators have answered this question already and nothing about the military was ever brought up. The characters are still like this bc its a creative choice

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I recall reading that the The US military refused to allow Marvel to use Army vehicles and stuff during the Avengers and Winter Soldier movies because they weren't clear on what exactly SHIELD was, a US agency or some UN-sponsored international agency (like in the comics) and they weren't keen on having US assets used to portray a international peacekeeping force acting with impunity on US soil.

So, in short, I've heard differently.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by rcaguy View Post
    There's another reason why there are people who seem so determined to get rid of Karma's leg. The MCU fanboi's. They figure that it'll be eaiser to find some generic Asian actress to play the role of Karma in another shoddy New Mutants Movie remake/X-movie/TV series if they didn't have to deal with the leg and the character history it represents.

Sorta like how the New Mutants Movie Versions of Illyana,Rahne and Dani really aren't the ComicBook Versions of Illyana,Rahne and Dani.

But they were hyped as if they were the same characters as the comic book ones.

All they basically had in common was the names.
    :? :? Why exactly do you think Asian women look ‘generic’ if they don’t have artificial limbs? :?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    :? :? Why exactly do you think Asian women look ‘generic’ if they don’t have artificial limbs? :?
    generic> Cheap Actress. Not one they'll have to shell out a lot of $$$ for to portray the role.

The turn this thread took blows my mind.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.