Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

meh laura was ressurected so why wouldn't gaby??? and i don't really see logan caring about her. he's living his best summer life right now.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    I'd have much preferred to see the other characters talking with the other heroes like Dani got to do as opposed to getting stuck with comedy-relief no-name artist. Karma could have talked business with Stark and he might have expressed interest in her robot leg. Magik could have talked to Strange or pretty much anybody. I also never knew that Dani was apparently good friends with Captain America and Captain Marvel. I would have thought the one she'd be chatting it up with would be Thor.
    God, how do they manage to make that,that-THING Karma is wearing look worse in every panel it appears in? Do they blow it up like a balloon using an bicycle pump or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Winter_fury View Post
    meh laura was ressurected so why wouldn't gaby??? and i don't really see logan caring about her. he's living his best summer life right now.
    therein lies the dilemna. Based on current protocols, Laura was an exception. She died in service of Krakoa as she went on the mission, knowing chances were that she wasnt coming back. I dont think Xavier would have her go on that if he had no intention of bringing her back. Gabby introduces a new scenario which has not been dealt with yet and thats where the story lies

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Winter_fury View Post
    Because the counsel is full of idiots. Also logan dose care about his kids. He just dosen't show it or acknowledg if for more then 2 pannels at a time

Extraordinary Member

In other spoilers, we’re the 5 New Mutants about to have an orgy in that room on Mars?

That’s the subtext I got.
    Last edited by Will Evans; 06-16-2021 at 10:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    If Laura — who by Comics definitions is considered a clone even if she isn't really (even her own in-universe creator said so) — qualified for resurrection then Gabby should.
    Depends on in universe cut off for legal technicality; Laura was sex changed from her original genetic template, Gabby was a straight up clone (though an imperfect one.).
    Given it was foreshadowed that she might not qualify for duplication, it will, at the bare minimum, be presented as a possibility that she won't be back.

P.S. Unrelated to that comment, but is it really that hard to remember Gabby was never actually an assassin that killed anybody?
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

So….. is this supposed to insinuate that Thunderbird is still dead?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    From his talk with Warlock, I would say so.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    Depends on in universe cut off for legal technicality; Laura was sex changed from her original genetic template, Gabby was a straight up clone (though an imperfect one.).
    Given it was foreshadowed that she might not qualify for duplication, it will, at the bare minimum, be presented as a possibility that she won't be back.

P.S. Unrelated to that comment, but is it really that hard to remember Gabby was never actually an assassin that killed anybody?
    Nothing said about her was incorrect. She is a trained assassin

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Yes, Sinister stole his genetic sample to make himself a mutant. Without a genetic sample they cannot resuscitate him.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Yes, Sinister stole his genetic sample to make himself a mutant. Without a genetic sample they cannot resuscitate him.
    There are multiple genetic samples. If there werent, each mutant would only have 1 resurrection and several have already been brought back multiple times (I think Quentin has about 100). Even though it doesnt make sense, TPTB have said that John died before Cerebro was cataloging mutants. Thats there stance on it as of now

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Nothing said about her was incorrect. She is a trained assassin
    She called herself a former assassin in the letter at the end, she was not; she was trained, yes; but was never actually an assassin.
    No blood on her hands, no sins to atone, no forgiveness needed.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Amazing Member

Yo, holy fork, Karma was fire in this issue!

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    From his talk with Warlock, I would say so.
    Then the handbook is wrong.. as he’s listed as a current member..

Then again, it also says Warlock is former (was this before they before everyone knew he was back?)

Also it uses that stupid ass Max Eisenhardt name for Magneto. That alone makes me question the whole book lol… (yes, I know, multiple writers, etc etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    There are multiple genetic samples. If there werent, each mutant would only have 1 resurrection and several have already been brought back multiple times (I think Quentin has about 100). Even though it doesnt make sense, TPTB have said that John died before Cerebro was cataloging mutants. Thats there stance on it as of now
    Yes, but didn’t Jordan say that several mutants got catalogued during Necrosha.