Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default X-CORP [02] : Spoilers

Monet and Warren getting ready for the gala.

They have a lot of meetings.

They meet Sunspot, Thunderbird, Selene, and Mastermind.

Some mutants are concerned about the the floating island. Specifically Sunspot and Xavier call this out.

Monet ignore Sebastian Shaw's calls,

Monet puts the Fenris twins in check so they try to do something shady to the floating island.

But Monet beats up Andrea and Warren beats up Andreas.

They had a meeting with a human that ends up partnering with Fenris and Warren is like I dont think we wanted that kind of individual as a CXO.

I only wrote this review because I wanted to say TH is mentioning Sofia a lot in X-Corp. And I dont know how I feel about her nabbing Sofia for X-Corp.

The art was not bad and I feel like this is a slow burn BUT also I don't really get the purpose of this series.

Some perspectives from people that enjoyed the issue would be helpful.

Also I forgot to mention that I guess Angel doesnt want to use his Archangel form anymore so when he's fighting Andreas and wins. Mastermind makes it seem like its normal Warren so Monet doesnt see his other form.

I found that very weird and unnecessary.
    Last edited by CGAR; 06-16-2021 at 11:23 AM.

This issue has been better than the previous one. But it is not very difficult.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Monet and Warren getting ready for the gala.

They have a lot of meetings.

They meet Sunspot, Thunderbird, Selene, and Mastermind.

Some mutants are concerned about the the floating island. Specifically Sunspot and Xavier call this out.

Monet ignore Sebastian Shaw's calls,

Monet puts the Fenris twins in check so they try to do something shady to the floating island.

But Monet beats up Andrea and Warren beats up Andreas.

They had a meeting with a human that ends up partnering with Fenris and Warren is like I dont think we wanted that kind of individual as a CXO.

I only wrote this review because I wanted to say TH is mentioning Sofia a lot in X-Corp. And I dont know how I feel about her nabbing Sofia for X-Corp.

The art was not bad and I feel like this is a slow burn BUT also I don't really get the purpose of this series.

Some perspectives from people that enjoyed the issue would be helpful.
    Sofia is now Krakoa’s resident mutant Public Relations person. This was established in X-Factor. She has access to all of Mojoverse for marketing, promotional, public relations and advertising.

So Sofia will be used across all the books this way.

If anything, Sofia needs her own team book, to show who’s working for her, and how she handles Krakoa’s PR.

Astonishing Member

It just hit me. Dose trinary have a name. She has her code name but whats her normal name ?

Which is great for the character. I'm just still on the fence about wanting this writer having control over the character because of what i've read in Excalibur.

But so far its looking good for Sofia. I am having guarded hopeful optimism. Hopefully she actually starts appearing instead of being only named dropped.

I think someone wrote a whole article about how she doesnt have a real name yet.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    It just hit me. Dose trinary have a name. She has her code name but whats her normal name ?
    No. Much like how Rogue once was.

This issue was very boring. This attempt to make the book a "business book" feels forced, with the words "shark, corporation, CXO, market, board" etc, being thrown around between boring meetings with endless conversations that could be done in more sofiscated manner. Do we really need this amount of pages to complete the board? And there are still 2 empty seats. I want to see them doing stuff, mutant arguments in a savage world of business instead of them forming a group, for a book we all know will probably get to 5 or 6 issues only.

Warren looks like he needs more personality, although I like his moderate tone and the development regarding the Archangel persona. Monet is very obnoxious in this book. I think other writers can give her arrogant side a bit of charm, but Tini just makes her unlikeable.

Foche has a beautiful style that goes pretty well with the amazing colors of Gho. The fight scenes are very weak though. The meetings looked beautiful and the first 2 pages looked amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Sofia is now Krakoa’s resident mutant Public Relations person. This was established in X-Factor. She has access to all of Mojoverse for marketing, promotional, public relations and advertising.

So Sofia will be used across all the books this way.

If anything, Sofia needs her own team book, to show who’s working for her, and how she handles Krakoa’s PR.
    No she doesn't lol

They just put a freaking rapist on the board members. This is unbelievable

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    You better believe it sadly, today you are on fire, all your posts have been on point!
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Extraordinary Member

Lol. You DO know that Selene is getting the last spot.

Astonishing Member

They have the child abusing former head Sicence of concentration camp on the council(sinister if you didn't know) they have really low standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    You better believe it sadly, today you are on fire, all your posts have been on point!
    Thanks. It's impossible to root for mutants wn they keep committing mistakes, I could do a entire essay full of points about all their mistakes. They trashmouth humans all the time and put a "epstein" on their corporation and another is king on Avalon.

Madrox also acted like a a-hole to his dupes.

I think the issue was fine but the concept is just...boring. Warren and Madrox, two of the X-worlds most boring characters, being leads doesn't really help. This feels like it could've been a b-plot in some other book rather it's own series.

I liked Neal and Selene's parts though. They should pop up somewhere else.

Well, that's one aspect of the book that is sadly very believable.