Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    No she doesn't lol
    She needs her own series with the other New X-men kids.

Jamie was VERY defensive when Trinary brought up Layla to him.
    Last edited by Paragon; 06-16-2021 at 01:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    Jamie was VERY defensive when Trinary brought up Layla to him.
    I noticed that too, calling her a "nosy little hacker."

I wonder how long Warren was in his Archangel form. That was foreboding.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I noticed that too, calling her a "nosy little hacker."
    Plus the bit about him only being a doctor for a month. Seems like he's trying to hide something. To me, it makes it look more like this might not be original Jamie Prime.

Much better than the previous issue.

For a book about business its baffling that they'd set up the corporation and do the stupid flying island thing without having actually gotten people to run it. This isn't an adventure book where they recruit friends along the way. Why debut your corporation when you don't even have a board yet?

Stand X-men procedure since even the Utopia era: find a problem, ask the nearest worst person you know for help solving it. Then act offended when other people don't trust you anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    For a book about business its baffling that they'd set up the corporation and do the stupid flying island thing without having actually gotten people to run it. This isn't an adventure book where they recruit friends along the way. Why debut your corporation when you don't even have a board yet?

Stand X-men procedure since even the Utopia era: find a problem, ask the nearest worst person you know for help solving it. Then act offended when other people don't trust you anymore.
    That was literally a huge plot line of both issues. They hadn’t publicly debuted the corporation yet, and were doing things like getting the board members in line. Then, in response to a crisis at one of their production plants, Monet debuted the base and the corporation early, ahead of schedule, as a PR move. Then, this issue, she was heavily criticized for it.

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

I was surprised by how much I enjoyed Selene and Mastermind this issue. Quite an improvement.

So glad this issue came out. So annoying hearing people say the mutants are bad people because they have Nazi's on krakoa as if other nations don't also have them. If you are a mutant you get citizenship full stop. That doesn't mean that the other people have to like you or be your friend.

Spectacular Member

I like the idea of the book and I like the set up that the board and corporation wasn't ready yet but were forced to start and now Krakoa ( by way of M and Warren) is scrambling to get to get their act together. But why does an intelligent, very capable, strong black woman have to become an incredible b*tch, because she is running a business now??
    So when she was a mutant hero: she was just phoning it in when saving humanity and mutantdom, but now she is a business woman, trying to make money and suddenly she turns into a no-holds barred, everything and everyone needs to be subjecated or destroyed so that she can make money?
    Poor Monet-fans. I feel for you.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

This was better than the first issue, but still had problems. The weird pacing of the first issue carried over to this one, frantically jumping to new scenes but the content of those scenes is mostly corporate tedium so it feels both fast and slow. Monet, Warren, and Trinary all come off incompetent. I don't buy that Monet and Warren are stupid enough to just leave their entire corporate headquarters open for anyone to enter. It was also dumb of them to cancel the meeting with the human scientist, at the very least they should want to prevent Fenris from making any deals with her. Then Trinary, who says herself in this issue that she basically runs all the tech on the island, somehow lets Andrea get the drop on her and needs to be saved by Monet again. If Trinary's role in this book is going to be a glorified secretary, I would rather she not be in the book. Trusting Mastermind is dumb. That illusion at the end to help Warren hide Archangel was dumb. Jamie doesn't sound or act like Jamie to me. Their were a couple panels where Foche's art was really good, but then in the very next he gives every character derp face, very inconsistent. Especially disappointed we didn't get an artist that could have delivered on that steamy shower scene. I'm giving this one more issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    Plus the bit about him only being a doctor for a month. Seems like he's trying to hide something. To me, it makes it look more like this might not be original Jamie Prime.
    Very interesting. Good call.

Quote Originally Posted by Dev View Post
    I like the idea of the book and I like the set up that the board and corporation wasn't ready yet but were forced to start and now Krakoa ( by way of M and Warren) is scrambling to get to get their act together. But why does an intelligent, very capable, strong black woman have to become an incredible b*tch, because she is running a business now??
    So when she was a mutant hero: she was just phoning it in when saving humanity and mutantdom, but now she is a business woman, trying to make money and suddenly she turns into a no-holds barred, everything and everyone needs to be subjecated or destroyed so that she can make money?
    Poor Monet-fans. I feel for you.
    I honestly find the characterization on point for Monet who is always kind of a pain in the ass imo, in a good way. She's very dedicated to the mutant cause and I like how she'll do whatever it takes to see it succeed. She's flying fast and loose and it'll likely come back to bite her. Bring it on!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    So glad this issue came out. So annoying hearing people say the mutants are bad people because they have Nazi's on krakoa as if other nations don't also have them. If you are a mutant you get citizenship full stop. That doesn't mean that the other people have to like you or be your friend.
    krakoa doesn't need them. Also nations aren't like krakoa, but many being a nazi is a crime

VAST improvement on the first issue, but I think it’s weird that they took the clear moral high ground with Fenris and Selene, but then didn’t with Mastermind.

Two great books this week then this.

On the bright side this was an improvement from the debut but getting through it was a chore. It feels like ideas were thrown at a dart board and whatever stuck was put in.

Wind*ncer has been in limbo for several years and just escaped the Mojoverse and now she's fit to run marketing for pharmaceuticals company? Isn't she 19 years old?