Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default X-CORP [02] : Spoilers

Monet and Warren getting ready for the gala.

They have a lot of meetings.

They meet Sunspot, Thunderbird, Selene, and Mastermind.

Some mutants are concerned about the the floating island. Specifically Sunspot and Xavier call this out.

Monet ignore Sebastian Shaw's calls,

Monet puts the Fenris twins in check so they try to do something shady to the floating island.

But Monet beats up Andrea and Warren beats up Andreas.

They had a meeting with a human that ends up partnering with Fenris and Warren is like I dont think we wanted that kind of individual as a CXO.

I only wrote this review because I wanted to say TH is mentioning Sofia a lot in X-Corp. And I dont know how I feel about her nabbing Sofia for X-Corp.

The art was not bad and I feel like this is a slow burn BUT also I don't really get the purpose of this series.

Some perspectives from people that enjoyed the issue would be helpful.

Also I forgot to mention that I guess Angel doesnt want to use his Archangel form anymore so when he's fighting Andreas and wins. Mastermind makes it seem like its normal Warren so Monet doesnt see his other form.

I found that very weird and unnecessary.
    Last edited by CGAR; 06-16-2021 at 11:23 AM.

This issue has been better than the previous one. But it is not very difficult.

Astonishing Member

It just hit me. Dose trinary have a name. She has her code name but whats her normal name ?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    It just hit me. Dose trinary have a name. She has her code name but whats her normal name ?
    No. Much like how Rogue once was.

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    No, just her tech support alias.

I hate that they teased Mastermind joining and it was OG, not either sister

I thought that the comic was pretty good.

Not a Neal Shaara fan, but it was kind of interesting to see him pop up in the comic, seeing as it's been a while since he has appeared, and that Monet thought that they could find him a spot, even if it wasn't going to be on the board.
    It was also interesting to read on the data page that X-Corp apparently tried to recruit Bishop and Risque, and they turned them down.

It was incredibly nice to see Layla's name get mentioned. I think that we all realized that this comic would be the one that she would appear in, but it looks like it could happen reall soon, probably next issue.

I hate Nazi's, especially with what is going on right now in the world, but I think that I would have actually preferred seing them join the X-Corp board instead of Jason Mastermind. Mastermind just does nothing for me. And, at least Andreas has tried to reform himself in the past, when he was the Swordsman.

I don't particullarly mind X-Corp recruiting villains for their company. It should make the group interactions more interesting. And the other X-Comics have been doing it also anyway.

I do think that this comic could suffer from an X-Factor like problem.
    We are two issues in and the board hasn't been completely filled yet. And we know that it won't entirely be filled untill issue 4, when Selene joins. That's to many issues dedicated to just one plot.
    This culd be like X-Factor, and the comic just doesn't cover enough ground, and do more with it's premise befor it get's canceled around issue 12.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I hate that they teased Mastermind joining and it was OG, not either sister
    Wind Dancer agreed with you.
    I think that many other readers did also.
    Last edited by Thievery; 06-16-2021 at 07:42 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Monet and Warren getting ready for the gala.

They have a lot of meetings.

They meet Sunspot, Thunderbird, Selene, and Mastermind.

Some mutants are concerned about the the floating island. Specifically Sunspot and Xavier call this out.

Monet ignore Sebastian Shaw's calls,

Monet puts the Fenris twins in check so they try to do something shady to the floating island.

But Monet beats up Andrea and Warren beats up Andreas.

They had a meeting with a human that ends up partnering with Fenris and Warren is like I dont think we wanted that kind of individual as a CXO.

I only wrote this review because I wanted to say TH is mentioning Sofia a lot in X-Corp. And I dont know how I feel about her nabbing Sofia for X-Corp.

The art was not bad and I feel like this is a slow burn BUT also I don't really get the purpose of this series.

Some perspectives from people that enjoyed the issue would be helpful.
    Sofia is now Krakoa’s resident mutant Public Relations person. This was established in X-Factor. She has access to all of Mojoverse for marketing, promotional, public relations and advertising.

So Sofia will be used across all the books this way.

If anything, Sofia needs her own team book, to show who’s working for her, and how she handles Krakoa’s PR.

Which is great for the character. I'm just still on the fence about wanting this writer having control over the character because of what i've read in Excalibur.

But so far its looking good for Sofia. I am having guarded hopeful optimism. Hopefully she actually starts appearing instead of being only named dropped.

I think someone wrote a whole article about how she doesnt have a real name yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Sofia is now Krakoa’s resident mutant Public Relations person. This was established in X-Factor. She has access to all of Mojoverse for marketing, promotional, public relations and advertising.

So Sofia will be used across all the books this way.

If anything, Sofia needs her own team book, to show who’s working for her, and how she handles Krakoa’s PR.
    No she doesn't lol

They just put a freaking rapist on the board members. This is unbelievable

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    You better believe it sadly, today you are on fire, all your posts have been on point!
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    You better believe it sadly, today you are on fire, all your posts have been on point!
    Thanks. It's impossible to root for mutants wn they keep committing mistakes, I could do a entire essay full of points about all their mistakes. They trashmouth humans all the time and put a "epstein" on their corporation and another is king on Avalon.

Madrox also acted like a a-hole to his dupes.

Extraordinary Member

Lol. You DO know that Selene is getting the last spot.

Astonishing Member

They have the child abusing former head Sicence of concentration camp on the council(sinister if you didn't know) they have really low standards.