Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    It's genocide. there is no way that is justificable

what? you get to decide this? Ino you don't.

people prefer to have another white boring character than a poc
    Nobody is justifying anything. We're saying that events before Krakoa have been wiped clean. You brought up morality ON Krakoa, so that is what I'm talking about with their "new normal" morality.

I get to decide my opinion of your non-argument, yes. You aren't adding anything useful to anything. Just saying this is the worst thing ever "because I said so".

And now you're trying to move the conversation to representation. Classic troll ****.

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    Nobody is justifying anything. We're saying that events before Krakoa have been wiped clean. You brought up morality ON Krakoa, so that is what I'm talking about with their "new normal" morality.

I get to decide my opinion of your non-argument, yes. You aren't adding anything useful to anything. Just saying this is the worst thing ever "because I said so".

And now you're trying to move the conversation to representation. Classic troll ****.
    The new so called morality that isnt morality. Krakoa would be a case study on a ethical class.

And do you think you are contributing something new huh?

"Im not defending this by just defending a despicable choice for pages"

I thought that the comic was pretty good.

Not a Neal Shaara fan, but it was kind of interesting to see him pop up in the comic, seeing as it's been a while since he has appeared, and that Monet thought that they could find him a spot, even if it wasn't going to be on the board.
    It was also interesting to read on the data page that X-Corp apparently tried to recruit Bishop and Risque, and they turned them down.

It was incredibly nice to see Layla's name get mentioned. I think that we all realized that this comic would be the one that she would appear in, but it looks like it could happen reall soon, probably next issue.

I hate Nazi's, especially with what is going on right now in the world, but I think that I would have actually preferred seing them join the X-Corp board instead of Jason Mastermind. Mastermind just does nothing for me. And, at least Andreas has tried to reform himself in the past, when he was the Swordsman.

I don't particullarly mind X-Corp recruiting villains for their company. It should make the group interactions more interesting. And the other X-Comics have been doing it also anyway.

I do think that this comic could suffer from an X-Factor like problem.
    We are two issues in and the board hasn't been completely filled yet. And we know that it won't entirely be filled untill issue 4, when Selene joins. That's to many issues dedicated to just one plot.
    This culd be like X-Factor, and the comic just doesn't cover enough ground, and do more with it's premise befor it get's canceled around issue 12.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I hate that they teased Mastermind joining and it was OG, not either sister
    Wind Dancer agreed with you.
    I think that many other readers did also.
    Last edited by Thievery; 06-16-2021 at 07:42 PM.

Anyway, moving on! Sorry for extending the detour but one just can't help it sometimes!

I'm actually surprised I'm quite enjoying X-Corp. I would never have known that this was Howard's writing... there's much more development spread around multiple characters and mostly in the right voice. Color me shocked! Can she just take on this book full time and give Excalibur to someone else. I know she has a passion for the magic/mystical stuff, but her writing is much better here.

The little twists at the end were entertaining, but the end did suffer from one Howard-type writing thing in that I felt like a panel or three were missing... namely during the stuff with Andrea Strucker and that Sara St. John character. Might have to re-read that part a few times.

I thought Monet and Angel were both portrayed well. They got the tone right for both Selene and Mastermind in that they didn't act all buddy buddy with them. To gloss over the above discussion, I'm a long term reader that doesn't mind villains having a clean slate since they've done that already in the past anyway without batting an eye. At least there's a narrative explanation in the Krakoan era. And most characters are still "in character". Sinister is still up to his machinations (in secret) so we're not like, oh he's a hero now. Shaw is still gross. Only Black Tom has been really redeemed and I love what they're doing with him in X-Force... his sort of obsession with doing well and a drive that even he didn't see within himself.
    Last edited by superjosh; 06-16-2021 at 07:49 PM.

Some crimes are bad enough to not show up, Mastermind is one of these. The character isn't even interesting to be so defended.

Alsi i can't believe they assed on a POC Neal Shaara for old man creeper Mastermind. I really don't get why defend this dumb choice
    If we went by your logic, no one on the new X-men book would be featured. Synch is the only "innocent" on there but even he has found a way to be demonized by you

If we went by your logic, no one on the new X-men book would be featured. Synch is the only "innocent" on there but even he has found a way to be demonized by you
    Everyone did wrong things, but Mastermind is a monster. he on a scle of genocide, dbari decimation happened because he wanted to have sex with Jean without her consent. On top of that is very boring. X-men books doesn't need him on the side of heroes. Not even as villain
    Last edited by Rang10; 06-16-2021 at 07:54 PM.

Guys, c'mon... this has to be spirit!!!!!

This issue was MUCH better than the previous one. I'm actually glad someone pointed out on panel how nonsensical that whole floating HQ thing was.
    I enjoyed most of the cameos and I hope Sunspot and Neal stick around somehow.
    The art was also better, but I think the book needs more distinct visuals if they want it to last for more than an arc.

thats not really a secret

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    This issue was MUCH better than the previous one. I'm actually glad someone pointed out on panel how nonsensical that whole floating HQ thing was.
    The art was also better, but I think the book needs more distinct visuals if they want it to last for more than an arc.
    The art is weird, some pages are good others aren't. Next issue is a different artist

This needs to stop. just because someone doesnt agree with you they aren't other user. Accept that people have different opinions and everything will be allright
    Last edited by Rang10; 06-16-2021 at 08:12 PM.

thats not really a secret
    I don't hang around enough to know if you're just yankin my chain!

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    IA on the visuals. Unimpressed in #1 but it was better here

I don't hang around enough to know if you're just yankin my chain!
    Im not

The art is weird, some pages are good others aren't. Next issue is a different artist

This needs to stop. just because someone doesnt agree with you they aren't other user. Accept that people have different opinions and everything will be allright
    You can have your opinion and disagree with others if you want.

But you're like ridiculously negative without an insightful criticism.

You just hate something and your point of view is right no matter what.

You don't take other peoples perspectives into account.

And you literally hate this era. So like cool ok that's like your whole deal.

Give us your thoughts but stop spouting vitriol.

Is Krakoa perfect? No. That's kind of the point.

But like the trend I've been seeing from your commenets is you hate everything being written.

I don't like Tini Howard's writing style but IMO this is better than Excalibur.

Mutants were given amnesty. It's literally been one of the biggest points.

Fenris has been called out for being Nazi weirdos.

Selene was also called out this issue.

You act like just because they are on the island that they are honorary X-Men and that mutants accept them when they arent.

People are weary but people know they were given amnesty.

Until they show their true colors they get to stay on Krakoa because they are mutants.

I really don't understand why that is hard to understand.

Selene's a weird case because she absolutely committed tons of crimes AFTER Krakoa was founded. She was part of the Power Elite and tried to help Red Skull take over America. She started an incel cult and tried to consume of the soul of Sharon Carter.

I can't think of much to say on the amnesty thing that is on topic and hasn't been said better in other topics. The story just isn't very interesting. Mastermind if just kind of a gross nothing of a character and it really feels like scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Mutants were given amnesty. It's literally been one of the biggest points.

Fenris has been called out for being Nazi weirdos.

Selene was also called out this issue.

You act like just because they are on the island that they are honorary X-Men and that mutants accept them when they arent.

People are weary but people know they were given amnesty.

Until they show their true colors they get to stay on Krakoa because they are mutants.

I really don't understand why that is hard to understand.
    Exactly. They literally had several splash pages in HoX of the baddies being welcomed thru the gates. Like you said, this concept is one of the cornerstones of this whole era.