Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Hmmmm, who could be the last Chairmann….

After several adventures, Victor graduated as a full X-Man from the Jean Grey School and became Chairman of the Board of Worthington Industries.[43]

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aeon View Post
    Hmmmm, who could be the last Chairmann….
    Well we already know it’s going to be spoilers:
    Selene.
    end of spoilers

Anole is busy moping in New Mutants
    Last edited by Will Evans; 06-18-2021 at 04:03 AM.

Ahh damn, I don’t pay attention to him when he turns into a kid everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeon View Post
    Ahh damn, I don’t pay attention to him when he turns into a kid everytime.
    LOL! That was good.
    He would be a great choice to join the board.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Fantastic Member

I felt a little disconnect, X-Corp because has been going on about its press coverage. Somehow they saved the day by distracting everyone with a flying dirtball that inexplicably impresses the world. However, the second issue is taking place against a background of a lavish mutant gala and colonizing Mars. Why is the reader supposed to be impressed by Warren and Monet's lemonade stand?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy! View Post
    I sure said that and thought I would give it another chance after you all cried tears of unwarranted criticism of the writing.

I'll be back every issue until it's canceled.

By all means, keep buying it lol.

It'll definitely get cancelled, but I honestly think Howard's writing style fits much better here. I'm reading everything in the Krakoa era as long as it doesn't go as bad as Fallen Angels, and honestly X-Force has been the one book that's been on the cusp of achieving that for a long time.

Writing was up several notches from issue 1, but the art is just lifeless to me. It's cubicle level getting the job done, not high level corporate glamour that the book thinks it's going for.
    Static Pulse: That's why I like you. You're like four degrees away from being a William Gibson protagonist.
    Old board post count: 2,089

This issue read better than the first and the art seemed to improve a little bit. But it stills feels unnecessary. It might have been improved if they had decided to use Lady Mastermind rather than her creepy Dad, or have the sisters competing for the job seeing as how much they hate each other.

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    This issue read better than the first and the art seemed to improve a little bit. But it stills feels unnecessary. It might have been improved if they had decided to use Lady Mastermind rather than her creepy Dad, or have the sisters competing for the job seeing as how much they hate each other.
    I like this idea. Maybe down the road.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    Regan "You can tell us apart. I'm *Lady* Mastermind, because I'm a lady. She's... whatever she is."

Martinique "Oh we all know Lady Mastermind was your second choice, because Skank Mastermind was taken."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Selene's a weird case because she absolutely committed tons of crimes AFTER Krakoa was founded. She was part of the Power Elite and tried to help Red Skull take over America. She started an incel cult and tried to consume of the soul of Sharon Carter.

I can't think of much to say on the amnesty thing that is on topic and hasn't been said better in other topics. The story just isn't very interesting. Mastermind if just kind of a gross nothing of a character and it really feels like scraping the bottom of the barrel.
    You have a point they even mentioned in this issue that there are "rumors" that Selene has been making trouble outside of Krakoa but I doubt this will be followed up on since it happened outside of Hickman's purveiw so best to just forgot about any writer addressing it in the X-books.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

COTA implied with the Helles Belles some level of amnesty extends to crimes committed after Krakoa

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    COTA implied with the Helles Belles some level of amnesty extends to crimes committed after Krakoa
    I think that has more to do with the fact that they weren't actually citizens yet I don't think you really become a citizen to you actually pass through the gate and you know have the language actually downloaded into your brain.

But you might be right would love some clarificatition on the issue. The reason Sabertooth got sent to the pit was because he he killed a bunch of humans did the Helles Belles kill any humans in that issue? Maybe petty theft is enough for amnesty.

This issue was really SWELL. Monet was def ready with them hands(and claws) for Andrea Von Strucker. A rematch from Generation X annual 1996
    Anyone else think the St John lady was gonna be a von Strucker cousin or something
    GrindrStone(D)