Well this is one fine mess and I can't say I didn't expect it. Even Matt Murdock could see this coming. It's to the point that I knew this would happen so it's not even worth getting ticked off. The one positive thing is that we get some lovely art by R.B. Silva & Luca Maresca with color art by Jesus Aburtov. It's a shame Slott's story isn't really worth it.

So, we see the FF deciding that they will accept the invitation to go. At this point I have to say I really don't like how Slott's version of Johnny is so clichéd. When he came back from the dead in Hickman's run, he was still the prankster but he was a bit more mature as I recall. I have no idea what is age is these days but IMO he's got to be on the verge of hitting his 30s. So let's say late 20s. Why in the world does he not warn the others that he has slept with Zora???!! There is a small chance that Reed might have been able to approach Doom with the truth and avoided this public fiasco. Sue had just mentioned how she unmasked him (I think it was more than that wasn't it?) in front of the universe. Now the team has to own up to another humiliation.

Doom's still Doom and he is able to spy on Reed and Sue on the eve of the wedding. But he does order his weaponeer to stop all projects that are designed to destroy the FF, except for one called the Armagedron. I'd be willing to bet it will be deployed next issue.

So the big day arrives with Black Panther and Namor as guests. Ben gives the bride away and a man of the cloth (a cardinal no less) begins the ceremony. When he gets to the part about fealty and trust, Zora can't stand it any longer and announces that she and Johnny did the nasty together. Stupid girl...couldn't' she hold out until later and break it to him privately? Truthfully, she should have told him before the wedding so that it could be called off but she wanted the trappings of power and serving her country I suppose.

At least Namor seems to be having a good time until all Hell breaks loose.

I give this 2 stars. One for the art and one for the reappearance of Doom's tiger Gunther from FF#5. That's cool that Doom has a name for him and keeps him around. He recently added the bear Novak as a new pet for the castle so maybe they can be buddies