Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I'd still like to see Johnny and Crystal together but writers have treated both of them so badly over the years.
    Too many characters have had these on again / off again stories that have lasted for a long time. Johnny just needs to get someone new in his life and have an editorial mandate that she is 'the one'.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Too many characters have had these on again / off again stories that have lasted for a long time. Johnny just needs to get someone new in his life and have an editorial mandate that she is 'the one'.
    That wouldn’t work. Editors change.

They did that back in the 80’s when he married Alicia. Like most things that affect the status quo significantly, it was undone when a different writer had his own idea. They were married for five years before Lyja was exposed.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Why does Johnny all of a sudden have feelings for Victorious?

Their interactions have been brief and have been her insulting him or physically assaulting him. Even the one night stand was without any feelings involved. It's weird.

Johnny has zero chemistry with either Sky or Victorious. There should have been no romance plot for him and he should have stayed single instead of this mess that makes him even more immature than in the past. Even as a teen he wouldn't have been this stupid.
    Johnny has a connection to any woman who has or even might open her legs for him.
    I値l don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Mighty Member

This whole issue summarise:

It's like you took very long to get a chance buy a new rare video game, and then you excited happily to go home to download the new game into the computer. But when it reaches 96% loading, BOOM !! It blow up and the computer was damaged and fuzzed. All because of one big screw up moment!!

I am so over about this issue. Everything about this issue was calm and normal until the climax arrived, you get a "HOT BLOOD LAVA" splash on your head.

Quote Originally Posted by cmore View Post
    Johnny has always had better chemistry with male characters than most of his various girlfriends. Skye even wondered if Wyatt wasn't his true soulmate. Too bad those two can't hook up.
    They can & they should or **** have Johnny be with Daken IDK either way both of those 2 are preferable and more believable then his current situation.

I just about loved this issue. Let's start with why I don;t fully love this story. It was a heavy all dialogue issue and the points about something bothering Johnny were too heavy. Also, I would have liked to have seen more between Namor, T'Challa and the team. Perhaps some of this next issue, but some friendly communication would have been welcome. And Slott and Sue. While her recommendation regarding a bug in Doom's ring was probably meant to make her seem like a capable number two, she needs to actually have ideas that get used.

As to what I liked, the dialogue was fun. The kids (all four of them) were great in that the cuteness was short and sweet. Details like this being Reed and Sue's anniversary as well weren't overplayed, but added to Doom's character and motives. The Sky plot is advancing and even if I won't like what happens, it is at least going somewhere. Doom knew about Johnny. The demilitarizing of Doom's arsenal was one thing, but Doom saying "Good" about Alicia not being there indicated something was up and maintained Doom was above attacked a blind woman artist. I'm positive the new Baxter Building will be open and operational for the FF's 60th in a couple of months.

I liked it, but didn't love it.
    Last edited by CaptCleghorn; 06-17-2021 at 10:43 AM.

Extraordinary Member

I am really hoping this whole thing is not some big set up for Johnny and Zora to get together. That would really piss me off.

I am really hoping this whole thing is not some big set up for Johnny and Zora to get together. That would really piss me off.
    Zora fits the profile of Johnny's type as explained by Crystal and Sky of woman from a far-off land. That could be a possible development. I also see her as possibly entering the Marvel Universe away from Doom and developing her own setup. Then again a tragic death for her might also be in the works. Lots of questions for issue 679 next month.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I just about loved this issue. Let's start with why I don;t fully love this story. It was a heavy all dialogue issue and the points about something bothering Johnny were too heavy. Also, I would have liked to have seen more between Namor, T'Challa and the team. Perhaps some of this next issue, but some friendly communication would have been welcome. And Slott and Sue. While her recommendation regarding a bug in Doom's ring was probably meant to make her seem like a capable number two, she needs to actually have ideas that get used.

As to what I liked, the dialogue was fun. The kids (all four of them) were great in that the cuteness was short and sweet. Details like this being Reed and Sue's anniversary as well weren't overplayed, but added to Doom's character and motives. The Sky plot is advancing and even if I won't like what happens, it is at least going somewhere. Doom knew about Johnny. The demilitarizing of Doom's arsenal was one thing, but Doom saying "Good" about Alicia being there indicated something was up and maintained Doom was above attacked a blind woman artist. I'm positive the new Baxter Building will be open and operational for the FF's 60th in a couple of months.

I liked it, but didn't love it.

Are you sure about that or did you get a different edition of the issue? While I agree something might be up but there might be another reason why he Ok with Alicia not being there.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 06-17-2021 at 09:26 AM.

Are you sure about that or did you get a different edition of the issue? While I agree something might be up but there might be another reason why he Ok with Alicia not being there.
    I'm not talking about Ben's feelings or reactions but Victor saying good when hearing Alicia couldn't make it. We've seen Doom's appreciation of Alicia's talents and he probably appreciated Alicia's attendance IF there was nothing planned at that time. Doom's simple "Good" statement seemed awkward for someone as polished as Victor, but telling as to what he was thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I'm not talking about Ben's feelings or reactions but Victor saying good when hearing Alicia couldn't make it. We've seen Doom's appreciation of Alicia's talents and he probably appreciated Alicia's attendance IF there was nothing planned at that time. Doom's simple "Good" statement seemed awkward for someone as polished as Victor, but telling as to what he was thinking.
    Then you might want to edit that statement. Read the bold part again. "Doom saying good about Alicia being there" . Don't you mean "not being there"?

Spectacular Member

I feel Zora's role in this particular Johnny story is really just being the "other woman", much more interesting will be if she joins the heroes and fights against Doom or if she will do his bidding. Also the whole Doom in GOTG thing leaves her and Latveria in a awkward position.

Quote Originally Posted by Airtrap View Post
    I feel Zora's role in this particular Johnny story is really just being the "other woman", much more interesting will be if she joins the heroes and fights against Doom or if she will do his bidding. Also the whole Doom in GOTG thing leaves her and Latveria in a awkward position.
    Yeah, I don't know if Doom will trust her after that or not. Definitely the marriage is in jeopardy but I think it's pretty contrived that she would have to be married to fill in during his absence. She could be appointed regent until he returns. Or have Kristoff and Zora rule together. Doom already appointed him to govern the newly annexed Symkaria. But nobody seems to like to use him much these days. Cantwell used him a bit but it seemed only reluctantly.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 06-17-2021 at 09:20 PM.

Then you might want to edit that statement. Read the bold part again. "Doom saying good about Alicia being there" . Don't you mean "not being there"?
    Good point.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by cmore View Post
    Johnny has always had better chemistry with male characters than most of his various girlfriends. Skye even wondered if Wyatt wasn't his true soulmate. Too bad those two can't hook up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    They can & they should or **** have Johnny be with Daken IDK either way both of those 2 are preferable and more believable then his current situation.
    The best thing to happen is for that whole situation to go away. Daken has been shown to manipulate peoples feelings including sexual attraction through pheromones. He's no different than Starfox, so his actions could be easily explained away.

Johnny is historically attracted to and pursuing women. I would say his actions towards going after the girlfriend of the month are a direct result of abandonment issues brought on by first Crystal, and then Frankie. It probably doesn't help that his mother was killed and his father was jailed for it when he was at a young age.