Thread: Moonshine

Default Moonshine

Azzarello/Risso doing Prohibition gangsters and werewolves. It’s fantastic, although I’ve seen little discussion of it so I’m not sure how popular it is. If you liked that 100 Bullets style then you’ll enjoy this. Plus the first four trades are on sale at ComiXology if you read digitally.

While there hasn't been much in the way of actual discussion...

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...kely-Spoilers)

I'll honestly be a little bit down when it wraps up here in short order.

Fantastic Member

I've been buying this series from the start and enjoying it, though I have to admit that I have lost a little of the plot along the way. The current plot - with Tempest apparently planning to take over - or just massacre? -the New York mob has been engaging but also -to me- a bit puzzling.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaunN View Post
    I've been buying this series from the start and enjoying it, though I have to admit that I have lost a little of the plot along the way. The current plot - with Tempest apparently planning to take over - or just massacre? -the New York mob has been engaging but also -to me- a bit puzzling.
    One guy's take...

It kind of feels like Tempest wound up in an odd spot.

What seemed like it was initially going to be "Search..."/"Destroy..." wound up not only with Hiram actually being alive, but also in Tempest having something like a life of her own for what feels like it is probably the first time in her life.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    While there hasn't been much in the way of actual discussion...

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...kely-Spoilers)

I'll honestly be a little bit down when it wraps up here in short order.
    Right, my apologies, I didn’t know about your earlier thread. I also wasn’t aware the series was ending. But look at it this way: at least it will have an ending, unlike so many Image series that just sort of stop.

Quote Originally Posted by cgh View Post
    Right, my apologies, I didn’t know about your earlier thread. I also wasn’t aware the series was ending. But look at it this way: at least it will have an ending, unlike so many Image series that just sort of stop.
    Don't really see much a need for anything like an apology. It was a rather quiet thread.

As for the title wrapping up, it apparently ends in August with issue #28.

Felt like it was on the way though. Things have been coming to a head.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    One guy's take...

It kind of feels like Tempest wound up in an odd spot.

What seemed like it was initially going to be "Search..."/"Destroy..." wound up not only with Hiram actually being alive, but also in Tempest having something like a life of her own for what feels like it is probably the first time in her life.
    I totally agree with your take on Tempest. But, however things started out, she does seem to have a plan now. I'm not clear on what it is. I wonder what Hiram thought when he first saw her? Anyway, he's free now and I assume that fits into Tempest's larger scheme.