Like many of you, no doubt, I occasionally dabble in coming up with random teams of DC heroes. It's a great big DCU, and there's lots of interesting unmined characters, after all.

The other day, I came up with an absurd notion: create of team of 8 heroes that would be a really hard sell, because they're so generally loathed. The Hated 8, if you will.

Rules
- Only DC heroes. No villains or hangers-on. So no Terry Long.
- I'm looking for characters that seem to be generally loathed. Not "characters that are popular, but I just don't get (Harley Quinn)," or "characters I don't like because they replaced my favorite," but characters that appear to be not-well-liked by just about everyone. Basically, we're looking for characters that, even if YOU like them, are admittedly a tough sell.
- No characters that fans used to hate, but now seem to be acceptable. Vibe used to be on this list, but I think a few years on the Flash TV show have pushed him into the tolerable zone.
- Have fun.

Here's who I've got so far:

Triumph
His origin ("time lost founding member of the JLA that everyone forgot because of time shenanigans") was interesting. Also, the choice to make him kind of a jerk was a bold move. But he never clicked. I kind of liked the poor, annoying dope, but it's fair to say that I'm rather alone on that score.

Jamm
To be fair, most of the Bloodlines characters were varying degrees of lame or silly. But Jamm, the cowardly skater-bro with the Purple Man's power set and a penchant for ordering female characters to take off their clothes, is particularly skeevy and unlikeable. I don't think he's been seen in years, and is about as loathsome a hero as DC has ever produced.

Tarantula II She started out interesting. A legacy vigilante hero with a violent streak that needed to be reined in. And then she raped Nightwing, and dropped of the face of the DCU. So far, the only female or person of color in the group.

Danny Chase I'd like a ruling on Danny. I think he's the Cousin Oliver of the Titans, a bold experiment that was generally unloved by fans in general. But I sense that there may be more Danny Chase love out there than I believe. In any event, I have him slotted as the obnoxious kid member of the team.

Any others?