Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Cameron Diaz in "Any Given Sunday" (1999)
    Ben Affleck in "Shakespeare in Love" (1998)
    Brendan Fraser in "Gods and Monsters" (1995)
    Oprah Winfrey in "the Color Purple" (1989)
    Jessie Eisenberg in "the Social Network" (2010)
    Halle Berry in "Monster's Ball" (2001) (I SAID WHAT I SAID!)
    Anna Kendricks in "Up in the Air" (2009)
    Joseph Cotton in "the Third Man" (1949)
    Kevin Costner in "A Perfect World" (1993)
    ... and I feel like a bad gay for doing this but... Rock Hudson in "Giant" (1956) (COME ON, he's really not very good)

Woahhhhh! When did Will Smith start getting lumped into 'mediocre' actor territory, he's very skilled, he just makes some bad choices on what roles to accept.

THIS!!!!! But I still feel his Oscar nom. over Jack Nicholson was absolute bullsh*t
    Great choices!

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Keanu Reeves The Devil's Advocate
    Well, i personally wouldn't call Keanu Reeves a mediocre actor (nor a good one though) but that's sure as hell (haha) was a good, enjoyable job from him.

Not a terribly complicated role for being honest but mr Reeves delivered an adequate performance.

Dare i to mention Ryan Reynolds in Deadpool? Oops, i just did.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Will Ferrell in Everything Must Go

Adam Sandler has had a few great performances besides Uncut Gems. Reign Over Me, Punch Drunk Love, and The Meyerowitz Stories all being very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post

Adam Sandler has had a few great performances besides Uncut Gems. Reign Over Me, Punch Drunk Love, and The Meyerowitz Stories all being very good.
    Shakes The Clown

(Totally being serious...)

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post

Ferrell is a very good comedic actor. With only one or two dramatic roles, I don't see how we can call him a mediocre actor.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Ferrell is a very good comedic actor. With only one or two dramatic roles, I don't see how we can call him a mediocre actor.
    Because his last handful of "comedies" have been Adam Sandler Netflix original bad. Seriously what was the last really good Will Ferrell led movie?

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Usually Julia Roberts is seen as awful and overrated and despite the controversy around her Oscar Win many people have agreed that she did a good acting performance in Erin Brockovich but it was her winning over favorite Ellen Burstein that brought a lot of pissing on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Jim Carrey, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.
    Jim Carrey is much better than a mediocre actor. Come on now.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Jim Carrey is much better than a mediocre actor. Come on now.
    Well, he has by then already done films like The Truman Show and The Man in the Moon and he did get relatively good reviews in the tv film Doing Time On Maple Drive in the 1990s about a gay man coming out to his family. So perhaps he wasn't impressed or he did not see them.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Dare i to mention Ryan Reynolds in Deadpool? Oops, i just did.
    I don't think many would disagree that Ryan Reynolds is a mediocre actor.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    Adam Sandler in Uncut Gems
    He has given multiple good performances, and even his comedic talent is much better than average. It's just that he chooses to do terrible movies.
    Will Smith in I Am Legend
    Whoa whoa whoa whoa! Since when did Will Smith is considered just a mediocre actor?!

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I don't think many would disagree that Ryan Reynolds is a mediocre actor.
    Umm... he is very sort of like Keanu Reeves right now in that for years they were like cardboard to many people but then they make some cool films and are great actors... Maybe Ryan really did do a great acting job in Deadpool I didn't see it.

ETA: Which is kind of odd because Matrix was pretty cool and he was till considered bad - Keanu.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 06-20-2021 at 01:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Umm... he is very sort of like Keanu Reeves right now in that for years they were like cardboard to many people but then they make some cool films and are great actors... Maybe Ryan really did do a great acting job in Deadpool I didn't see it.

ETA: Which is kind of odd because Matrix was pretty cool and he was till considered bad - Keanu.
    They're kind of guys that you have to write a character around them. But when it fits, it really fits. Otherwise, they're just meh or even outright bad.

Although, looking back, RR as Deadpool doesn't look as impressive as when I saw the movies first time. Keanu though, he just rocks as Neo and John Wick.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    Chris Pratt
    GOTG
    Pratt to me has always had movie star quality, I just never saw him as a serious actor with Oscar potential.

In the MCU bubble, were let's be honest great performances are not really needed, I am still going to put Chris Hemsworth over Pratt, reason I have never understood why many think Hemsworth has always been the weakest Chris in Hollywood. Pratt , acting wise is the weakest Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Pratt to me has always had movie star quality, I just never saw him as a serious actor with Oscar potential.

In the MCU bubble, were let's be honest great performances are not really needed, I am still going to put Chris Hemsworth over Pratt, reason I have never understood why many think Hemsworth has always been the weakest Chris in Hollywood. Pratt , acting wise is the weakest Chris.
    Plenty of serious actors who will never have "Oscar Potential..." are brilliant at what they do in spite of that.

Lots of folks just put a little too much stock into "Oscar Potential..." actually being much of a valid measure of a given actor's actual capability.