Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    If Christensen was never in the Star Wars Prequels, the story would be different. It is sad that Christensen is called a bad actor only because of Star Wars.
    And Jumper.

And some other movie I can’t remember; he was like a “bad boy” teenager, and I remember the “dad” character standing on his porch in his underwear.

Seriously, bad movie. Don’t seek it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    This is probably gonna be controversial, but Brad Pitt in Seven. I have seen an embarrassing number of Brad Pitt films, and this was the only performance of his that I thought was good.
    See, I've always been #teamBradPitt. He's done some great work, Thelma and Louise, Kalifornia, 12 Monkeys, Se7en, Snatch, Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Once Upon A Time in Hollywood... he's far from mediocre. And way more than a pretty boi who got where he is based on looks. He is 'incredible' but he's very solid at what he does. Oh, that Coen Brothers one, he was the best thing about it, as the personal trainer.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    While I know that I have probably said this before, the scene in the gas station in Kalifornia always sticks out as great work.
    LOVE that film, he's soooooo good!

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    Also probably controversial: Russell Crowe* and Nicole Kidman in Boy Erased.
    You have Hellion as an avatar, so I'll let this one slide... but Nicole Kidman is NOT a mediocre actress, she's fantastic and you should be ashamed for ever sullying her name!

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Jim Carrey is much better than a mediocre actor. Come on now.
    Agreed. He's not a great dramatic actor, but his comic ability is brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I don't think many would disagree that Ryan Reynolds is a mediocre actor.
    I don't think he's mediocre. He can't do a huge range, but that style of dumb comedy he's ALWAYS been very good at, and Deadpool is the perfection of it. It's his Erin Brockovich moment!
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    See, I've always been #teamBradPitt. He's done some great work, Thelma and Louise, Kalifornia, 12 Monkeys, Se7en, Snatch, Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Once Upon A Time in Hollywood... he's far from mediocre. And way more than a pretty boi who got where he is based on looks. He is 'incredible' but he's very solid at what he does. Oh, that Coen Brothers one, he was the best thing about it, as the personal trainer.

You have Hellion as an avatar, so I'll let this one slide... but Nicole Kidman is NOT a mediocre actress, she's fantastic and you should be ashamed for ever sullying her name!

Agreed. He's not a great dramatic actor, but his comic ability is brilliant.

I don't think he's mediocre. He can't do a huge range, but that style of dumb comedy he's ALWAYS been very good at, and Deadpool is the perfection of it. It's his Erin Brockovich moment!
    This is Me shilling for Jim Carey right now by screaming The Truman Show! The Truman Show!, The Truman Show! To argue he is a good dramatic actor

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    This is Me shilling for Jim Carey right now by screaming The Truman Show! The Truman Show!, The Truman Show! To argue he is a good dramatic actor
    He is a good dramatic actor (never said he wasn't), but he's not a GREAT one. The most extreme moments of the Truman Show (and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind) he falls short, there's still a level he can't reach. It becomes far less clever and layered and nuanced. It's the difference between Jonah Hill being a GOOD comedic actor and Rowan Atkinson being a GREAT comedic actor. It's just a different level of brilliance and perfection, that isn't reached.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    While I know that I have probably said this before, the scene in the gas station in Kalifornia always sticks out as great work.

Well, that's sort of a tough one.

I feel like there are a few instances of it just being overplayed. That gas station scene is the one time where the "By The Way, This Is A Hick..." aspect of Early gets dialed back as far as it should have been.

Really my problem with Kidman is her eyes. It's not even her fault but she has resting bitch eyes and they're the only thing I see when her face is on-screen and it bothers me. Irrational of me? Sure, but it is what it is.
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci