View Poll Results: .

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dan Slott

8 23.53%
  • Christopher Cantwell

26 76.47%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Dan Slott Iron Man or Cantwell Iron Man run?

Which one is better?

Cantwell's run is just beginning so we'd have to see where it ends for a full comparison. But right now to me, Cantwell's run is starting off better.

Incredible Member

At the moment, Cantwell is better. Dan had some ideas but I think he was missing in the execution of those ideas.

Honestly, both are pretty bad if you ask me.

As of 9 issues in I think Cantwell’s run is better. I think Slott’s run is better than people give it credit for though. Cantwell is really digging in to Stark’s psyche and what Tony struggles are and I for one am enjoying it.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 06-17-2021 at 01:55 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Fantastic Member

Iron Man 2020 was a complete mess, and most of the issues leading up to it unfortunately the same way. I remember reading through it and thinking "Wow, this is *really* bad".

Cantwell's stuff is at least interesting, makes sense, brings in a *lot* of previous ideas but makes them somewhat fresh. I'm definitely a fan. Although to be fair the art is a big influencer there because it is definitely beautiful.
    "Mutationem Aeternum"
    Krakoan and Proud

Hasn’t been enough of Cantwell yet but since he incorporated a rag tag team of no name heroes to support Tony he gets my vote. Plus an appearance of Stilt-Man is coming. Tony is back to being Tony. Not sure how I feel about Patsy yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Honestly, both are pretty bad if you ask me.
    I'm with you.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Gotta go with Fraction for this lol.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    Hasn’t been enough of Cantwell yet but since he incorporated a rag tag team of no name heroes to support Tony he gets my vote. Plus an appearance of Stilt-Man is coming. Tony is back to being Tony. Not sure how I feel about Patsy yet.
    I like Patsy....she and Tony are both kind of broken and they are helping each other to overcome some of their demons.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I like Patsy....she and Tony are both kind of broken and they are helping each other to overcome some of their demons.
    In total agreement with you Iron Maiden. That’s how I see it. Some people are not liking Patsy in her role, but I think she is perfect for it. Her and Tony are both broken and are trying to help each other pick up the pieces.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 06-18-2021 at 07:32 AM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Ultimate Member

Both are terrible, but Slott didn't poorly insert progressive themes

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I like Cantwell's run so far but I never made it to #9 of Slott's run to compare.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Both are terrible, but Slott didn't poorly insert progressive themes
    In a sense he did, what with going on endlessly about AI rights for the entire run to the point that Tony isn’t even allowed to have an AI help run his armor’s systems anymore and they put Friday in that ugly robot body when her hologram form looks much better.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    In a sense he did, what with going on endlessly about AI rights for the entire run to the point that Tony isn’t even allowed to have an AI help run his armor’s systems anymore and they put Friday in that ugly robot body when her hologram form looks much better.
    Eh, that was just one, and a logical question to ask as we shoot towards AI in the real world. The execution was terrible sure, but still

Cantwell is all over the damn place, and poorly at that.