• Some random alien

3 6.98%
  • Other

17 39.53%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psi-Lord View Post
    What if the memorial is for M‐Day?
    I can't remember but what exactly did the Avengers post M-Day do for mutants? Outside of put Sentinels outside the mansion for their protection or put then in a concentration camp? I honestly wasn't reading Avengers books then so I don't know the answer on how helpful they were to mutants in the aftermath of M-Day. Or even after Genosha. SO with that said, unless they did something their inclusion for a memorial honoring those lives lost on M-Day feels like an unwarranted invitation. And certainly Wanda would not be welcome.

Spectacular Member

I think we're too hung up on this memorial thing. I think memorial could mean anything really. A memorial taking place in Krakoa doesn't mean can't be a non-mutant, it could just mean other things. Many of us are assuming that the memorial would be a traditional service that respects the recently deceased, yet for all, we know the mutants memorial for Wanda (if she's the one that dies) could be just them celebrating and rudely calling it a memorial. Avengers are probably there to pick up the body, and a fight breaks loose when they see their friend being disrespected. Or maybe Xavier is trying to save face, and have a respectful memorial as a cover for when the Avengers arrived so that they aren't associated with the murder.

Not only that, the solicitations could just be straight-up misleading us.

On that note, it really doesn't look good for Wanda and Speedy. I really do think it's Wanda, especially with that Mark Brooks cover he was hinting at earlier. Either way, it seems like the Maximoff are going to take center stage in this mini.

It's gotta be someone with at least some sort of tie to the X-Men and Avengers.

Wanda is obviously the most obvious suspect but had it not been for them being confirmed to appear in other books, then my guesses would've been Beast and Havok since they've both been Avengers in the past. So has Firestar but has she even been seen on Krakoa? I honestly don't recall.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I still don't think it would be Wanda even with her most recent inclusions. The Avengers are solicited to come to Krakoa for a memorial service....why would Krakoa hold a memorial service for The Pretender? The shear amount of Krakoans that have issues with her would be problematic to say the least. If it was Wanda's service the Avengers would be in charge of that and would come to Krakoa to fight to bring her killer to justice.

Whomever dies is a mutant and that has some connection to the Avengers or has enough status that they would come to offer their respects. It's not Wanda.
    Why would you have a memorial service for a mutant you can bring back the only two mutants that had memorials where Rockslide and Gorgon and that’s only cause they died in the Otherworld. Other than that they don’t have memorials so it would have to be someone human and like others said everyone on the ToM cover had a connection to Wanda
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

I don’t think it would be Speed just because that becomes a fight where Wanda would probably go on a rampage

Spectacular Member

I'm trying to think some last-minute curveball, but all the evidence just perfectly matched with Wanda. The only curveball I can think of is Speed, and even then why would Magneto kill him? Though I guess why would Magneto kill Wanda, but still, the evidence suggests otherwise.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

If it's Wanda they tipped their hand too early. It needs to be a surprise.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    Why would you have a memorial service for a mutant you can bring back the only two mutants that had memorials where Rockslide and Gorgon and that’s only cause they died in the Otherworld. Other than that they don’t have memorials so it would have to be someone human and like others said everyone on the ToM cover had a connection to Wanda
    Barely anyone on Krakoa would be attending a memorial service for Wanda, nevermind hosting. So it's not her. I still say Beast as he has the same connections she does. Our it could be a human, but it's not Wanda. It's a red herring y'all.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Barely anyone on Krakoa would be attending a memorial service for Wanda, nevermind hosting. So it's not her. I still say Beast as he has the same connections she does. Our it could be a human, but it's not Wanda. It's a red herring y'all.
    Why would it be Beast? He already died once and got resurrected no memorial then. Beast just doesn’t make sense but we will see maybe in X-factor. Though Magneto has a reason to do a memorial since in SWORD he still sees her as a daughter and not every mutant hates her.

Quote Originally Posted by transformers03 View Post
    I'm trying to think some last-minute curveball, but all the evidence just perfectly matched with Wanda. The only curveball I can think of is Speed, and even then why would Magneto kill him? Though I guess why would Magneto kill Wanda, but still, the evidence suggests otherwise.
    Who is suggedting Magneto is actually the killer, in the pages of Way of X #3 Night Crawler sees Magneto hugging Wanda so there is your first witness even though Kurt was very hung over.
    Mystique is a shape shifter so she could've killed Wanda in Magnetos' form, there are many mutants with mind control powers that could make it seem Magneto is the killer.
    Either way I feel that it is Wanda who is killed and her death would definately divide Krakoa.
    Fingers crossed Magneto is able to resurrect Wanda and prove that she is a mutant and is his daughter.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Another thing why would Magneto stand trial for killing a mutant ?, whereas if he killed Wanda she is human due to the recent retcon and killing a human is an crime.
    As I said in my above post hopefully Magneto is able to resurrect Wanda.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Doom and Namor are both alive since Dooms wedding is after the Gala
    Unpopular opinion: Solicitations and spoilers ruin the fun of making theories.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Criticalfan View Post
    Unpopular opinion: Solicitations and spoilers ruin the fun of making theories.
    Well Dooms wedding issues came out already, during the Gala, they're just set after it I think. Because Doom would not be happy to be hanging at a party with the FF after spoilers:
    being cucked by Johnny at his own wedding
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Victor went to the Gala after joining the GOTG so it seems events are like this:Joins GOTG - Hellfire Gala - Dr Doom´s wedding. This could explain his, Reed, Namor and T´Challa wish to drop their rivalries in favor of unity if they did this after Planet Size.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    Who is suggedting Magneto is actually the killer, in the pages of Way of X #3 Night Crawler sees Magneto hugging Wanda so there is your first witness even though Kurt was very hung over.
    Mystique is a shape shifter so she could've killed Wanda in Magnetos' form, there are many mutants with mind control powers that could make it seem Magneto is the killer.
    Either way I feel that it is Wanda who is killed and her death would definately divide Krakoa.
    Fingers crossed Magneto is able to resurrect Wanda and prove that she is a mutant and is his daughter.
    Not sure if this theory will still make sense when I'm sober, but the description of "KILL NO MAN! (BUT SOME EXCEPTIONS MAY APPLY). Nightcrawler must act fast to avoid catastrophe as the laws of Krakoa (and physics) are tested to their limits." for Way of X #4 has me wondering if the issue might actually tie into the murder, and considering her current state of mind, I'm not sure what Mercury might do if she were to run into the woman she probably blames for not turning her human along with the others on M-Day, and if she's still being haunted by Onslaught, it could easily be mistaken for Magneto's doing, who in turn decides to take the fall.
    Last edited by Starfish; 06-25-2021 at 03:06 PM.