2 4.65%
  • Someone from Arakko

0 0%
  • Some random alien

3 6.98%
  • Other

17 39.53%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Any human characters created in the last two years are probably the most likely. My memory is rubbish so I can't think of any atm.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

There aren't a ton of new humans that were at the Gala. And the solicits indicate it's a hero, but the funeral is on Krakoa, so it's someone with ties to the X franchise. That points to me to a Maximoff.

I'm not up to date on all X-Books but could it be Eye-Boy because his powers evolve to see the future? I just read the issue where Xavier is asking about him.

It has to be a human because their is no law against killing mutants. And if Magneto isn't going to jail it has to be someone he killed and wasn't sure would come back but somehow they do bring back. So from that process of elimination i think someone affected by the house of m spell, so i fall in team maximoff camp. Maybe something was realized when the mutants revived polaris? I mean if you think about it, Polaris would now have her original mutation for the first time after being reborn in X-factor despite apoc reconnecting her x-gene via technology. So if we go with that i'm thinking Wanda or Pietro.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Unless there are multiple red herrings I don't see why the Avengers would come out for Eye Boys funeral

I want to change my vote from Speed to Wanda lol
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

At this point, I'd be surprised if it isn't Wanda.
    After reading SWORD #6 and seeing the latest cover to Trial of Magneto, she makes the most sense, especially considering the Avengers line-up on the Trial cover.
    Vision and Wasp aren't part of the current Avengers team, so their inclusion must mean they're particularly connected to the murdered hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    At this point, I'd be surprised if it isn't Wanda.
    After reading SWORD #6 and seeing the latest cover to Trial of Magneto, she makes the most sense, especially considering the Avengers line-up on the Trial cover.
    Vision and Wasp aren't part of the current Avengers team, so their inclusion must mean they're particularly connected to the murdered hero.
    That actually makes me really sad if it turns out someone murders Wanda after she and Magneto reconcile with each other. I could see Magneto going into a rage over this and wanting to tear the island apart to find out who killed Wanda. The evidence probably points to him because he is framed, but he is so enraged by her murder that he refuses to allow himself to be taken and he goes looking for the killer himself.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

I still don't think it would be Wanda even with her most recent inclusions. The Avengers are solicited to come to Krakoa for a memorial service....why would Krakoa hold a memorial service for The Pretender? The shear amount of Krakoans that have issues with her would be problematic to say the least. If it was Wanda's service the Avengers would be in charge of that and would come to Krakoa to fight to bring her killer to justice.

Whomever dies is a mutant and that has some connection to the Avengers or has enough status that they would come to offer their respects. It's not Wanda.

If it’s Wanda, here’s how I can see it happening…

Magneto kills her with the intention of resurrecting her as a mutant again. Cerebro always detected her as a mutant in the past, so she would be backed up like everyone else. Then he goes to start the process and they can’t revive her. Her powers screw things up or her Cerebro backup is corrupted (if Otherworld can corrupt a backup, surely Wanda’s powers could). Or… they refuse to do it…

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I still don't think it would be Wanda even with her most recent inclusions. The Avengers are solicited to come to Krakoa for a memorial service....why would Krakoa hold a memorial service for The Pretender? The shear amount of Krakoans that have issues with her would be problematic to say the least. If it was Wanda's service the Avengers would be in charge of that and would come to Krakoa to fight to bring her killer to justice.

Whomever dies is a mutant and that has some connection to the Avengers or has enough status that they would come to offer their respects. It's not Wanda.
    I've seen some other people saying this and it makes sense that Krakoa would probably not host a memorial for Wanda, or any human really. So the foreshadowing with her may be purposefully misleading. So with the Avengers showing up the character that would make the most sense to me would be Beast, and he surely deserves it. But if the victim is Beast, or any other mutant, then resurrection means that there would probably not be a trial for killing them. Unless maybe their death somehow endangers the nation of Krakoa. So, yeah, I don't know.

If the Avengers weren't involved I'd guess Kyle, since he is both Krakoan and not a mutant. But I still think it's Speed: he's (maybe??) not a mutant, but his boyfriend is on Krakoa, and has connections to the Avengers, it tracks that it'd be him.

Wanda is a red herring. Literally.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I've seen some other people saying this and it makes sense that Krakoa would probably not host a memorial for Wanda, or any human really. So the foreshadowing with her may be purposefully misleading. So with the Avengers showing up the character that would make the most sense to me would be Beast, and he surely deserves it. But if the victim is Beast, or any other mutant, then resurrection means that there would probably not be a trial for killing them. Unless maybe their death somehow endangers the nation of Krakoa. So, yeah, I don't know.
    Beast makes sense in terms of connections. Even Prodigy makes sense given his previous stint as a Young Avenger and interactions with Avengers before coming to Krakoa. And his connection to Speed might influence why Vision could be there.

But personally this whole idea of killing Wanda to then recreate her as a mutant? That is some stretching. Erik would need Xavier to be in on it, so that he could download Wanda's mind and save it somewhere, as Cerebro will NOT have a backup. Then it would take Sinister to alter her dna with that of another donor mutant (maybe Pixie or Magik seeing as a magical connection would not be offputting to her current abilities). Which goes against the current status quo. Because otherwise you're creating a chimera Wanda that has new powers and abilities outside of her magic. And then all of the 5 to be in on it as well as they would need to make her egg and such. And then she would have to have aspects of her personality suppressed to be ok with this whole thing. Do we think Wanda would be ok with any of this?????

NONE of this will fly with the Avengers writers and editors, nevermind the in-comics Avengers. This is what a war between the Avengers and X-Men would start with. This storyline that posters are crafting sounds more palatable as an AvX than what the editors and writers came up with TBH.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    If the Avengers weren't involved I'd guess Kyle, since he is both Krakoan and not a mutant. But I still think it's Speed: he's (maybe??) not a mutant, but his boyfriend is on Krakoa, and has connections to the Avengers, it tracks that it'd be him.

Wanda is a red herring. Literally.
    If it was Speed, Wanda would probably just turn every data crystal used by Cerebro to ash

Killing her children is probably past the point of what her self loathing will allow to slide

What if the memorial is for M‐Day?