Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Skaar Smash! - Skaar Appreciation

He is the son of Hulk & Caiera the Oldstrong.

He is the Killer of Killers.

The Prince of Sakaar.

The King of the Savage Land.

His name is Skaar.

And this is his appreciation thread.

Excellent thread and I'm a fan of the character. I definitely think he deserves more characterization and development and would love to see him being featured more. I think he has a great back-story, a unique look, and nice powerset. I would love to see him interact more with the Young Avengers, as well as his sister Lyra.

I also feel like his time in the Savage Land was truly a missed opportunity. I think the concept of him being its King is great, but that one storyline wasn't to my liking. I would love a Skaar solo which has him fighting threats from all backgrounds whether they be mystical, gamma-irradiated, or even from the stars. And I also want Hiro-Kala to return and serve as a nemesis for Skaar.

We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Giving the Hulk a son is a great idea considering the history of the Banner family.

Its also refreshing to see that in a world of superpowers and deus ex machinas out the wazoo, there still a character who solves problems by hitting them with a sharpened metal bar until their in several bleeding pieces on the floor.

Ahhh, Bout time skaar got an appreciation thread...glad he's back in the hulk comics

I love Skaar, but he's gone down hill since leaving Planet Hulk etc.. should have a book with him adrift on different savage planets (maybe microverse as well).. a galactic wanderer type format deep in science fantasy of the Conan , John Carter mold.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

I miss Skaar very much.

And the Warbound, as well.

They almost had it right with putting Skaar in the Savage Land. However, instead, it should have been Monster Isle.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

He is cool as the king of the Savage Land. There are so many differnt types of crazy cultures living in that land it could have supported an ongoing title.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Giving the Hulk a son is a great idea considering the history of the Banner family.

Its also refreshing to see that in a world of superpowers and deus ex machinas out the wazoo, there still a character who solves problems by hitting them with a sharpened metal bar until their in several bleeding pieces on the floor.
    I agree. I like seeing him hack and slash his was through things in addition to smashing everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by THANOSRULES View Post
    I love Skaar, but he's gone down hill since leaving Planet Hulk etc.. should have a book with him adrift on different savage planets (maybe microverse as well).. a galactic wanderer type format deep in science fantasy of the Conan , John Carter mold.
    I understand where you are coming from and I like your idea. I think him being a cross between a John Carter & Conan would have been great for Skaar. I still think that can work if he goes back to the Savage Land.

I also think that Skaar should team up with and have some adventures with the new Nova. I think that Skaar has just enough of a cosmic edge that he can work in a cross-over/guest appearance in Nova. Thoughts?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I also think that Skaar should team up with and have some adventures with the new Nova. I think that Skaar has just enough of a cosmic edge that he can work in a cross-over/guest appearance in Nova. Thoughts?
    I would love to see Skaar get more involved in the Marvel Universe. I would like to see him team-up with other heroes like Thor, the Avengers, Dr. Strange, etc. And I'd especially like for Skaar and X-23 to meet. I could honestly see them becoming close friends (perhaps even become romantically involved; Skaar is a teenager, after all, and Oldstrong Shadow People mature quicker yet live far longer than humans) over time, given their numerous similarities.

Skaar is a character with immense potential. All he needs is a solid writer and a great artist to helm a series. Have some cool adventures, team-ups with other heroes, and we're all set.

BANNED

BANNED

I liked him on Agents of SMASH.

I think Skaar got shafted a bit when he came out due to the fact that he was going to be the Third of the 616 Hulk Clan.

Then we got Rhulk Abomb Shrulk and Lyra (Who predates him but was in a different universe.)

I think because of this he gets lumped in with the 'Too Many Hulks' theme, when really he is a very different character from any of his father's personalities, and came out of one of the greatest Hulk sagas of all time, rather than well...the Rhulk stories.

I really hope Gerry Duggan doesn't just immediately depower the guy. Because not only is Skaar really the only one who can stand up to his father, but he also has the most dramatic possibilities considering the Banner family's cycle of Father-Son Violence.

BANNED

BANNED