Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Astonishing Member

Default Another Tournament of Power Team - Sorcerers

Indulge me on another possible team for the Tournament of Power. The analysis is how far the team would get or even win.

This one is the magic folks:

Classic Fate
    Classic Strange
    Dr. StrangeFate - a stacked Amalgam version of Fate, Strange and Professor Xavier
    Lina Inverse
    Pug (Feist's guy)
    Mordru - DC villian
    Dumbledore (why not)
    Enchantress
    Karnilla

They have some power, my take is that they have no real speed here and might get blitzed unless autoshielded and fight then from shields. Some of the members have resisted some pretty powerful energy outputs and put out some themselves. Mordru has taken on the Legion of Superheroes with some pretty fast folks so that isn't an unknown. Fate and Strange certainly have seen speedsters.

All their powers work. They have to follow the rules.

Fate, Strange, their amalgam, and Mordru would be able to hold their own, at least. The next that I'm most familiar with, Dumbledore, while wily, is in over his head. He's powerful, with a wand. And rather quick-footed for his age. But, that's only by base human standards. Not super human level standards. He could probably get the jump on some, looking even more feeble than Roshi, but after that, its only a matter of "when" he gets eliminated.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Even Fate, Strange and the Amalgam get blitzed to paste effortlessly before they know the fight has started. A handful of fighters are literally on the "significant fraction of universal damage scale" level, with, at the minimum, some fraction of lightspeed reflexes, and that's just insanely beyond anything the three can possibly tank. All of the others die by accident.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

I think that their biggest advantage is that everyone with potentially universe destroying levels of power will need to restrict their opening superspeed AOE salvo to non-Dumbledore-killing levels so that they don't accidentally get themselves disqualified.

Leave Dumbledore alone
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Even Fate, Strange and the Amalgam get blitzed to paste effortlessly before they know the fight has started. A handful of fighters are literally on the "significant fraction of universal damage scale" level, with, at the minimum, some fraction of lightspeed reflexes, and that's just insanely beyond anything the three can possibly tank. All of the others die by accident.
    Right. I think it has to be said that even the sorcerers' greatest feats, plenty of which impact the fabric of reality itself and combat various esoteric gods, almost always required prep time well ahead of the battle to do so, and that's something they just don't have here.

Even Strange blocking the Infinity Gauntlet's rewind still required him very discreetly casting a spell over the course of several panels, and he'd be liquified well before he can try something like that here.

Edit: Also, the team is automatically eliminated from the Tournament for not having a full 10 fighter roster anyway. Magik laughs at the team as they fade away and then teleports to Otherworld for safety.
    Last edited by Cyke; 06-17-2021 at 01:23 PM.

Astonishing Member

Oops - add Clea for Dr. Strange's wife/girl friend - that's 10.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I suppose I'd better ask the dumb question.

What happens in Lina casts a Perfect Giga Slave? Zeno and his twin are powerful but even they would have significant issues with the Lord of Nightmares showing up and deciding to just end the tournament by obliterating everyone.