Astonishing Member

Default Another Tournament of Power Team - Sorcerers

Indulge me on another possible team for the Tournament of Power. The analysis is how far the team would get or even win.

This one is the magic folks:

Classic Fate
    Classic Strange
    Dr. StrangeFate - a stacked Amalgam version of Fate, Strange and Professor Xavier
    Lina Inverse
    Pug (Feist's guy)
    Mordru - DC villian
    Dumbledore (why not)
    Enchantress
    Karnilla

They have some power, my take is that they have no real speed here and might get blitzed unless autoshielded and fight then from shields. Some of the members have resisted some pretty powerful energy outputs and put out some themselves. Mordru has taken on the Legion of Superheroes with some pretty fast folks so that isn't an unknown. Fate and Strange certainly have seen speedsters.

All their powers work. They have to follow the rules.

Fate, Strange, their amalgam, and Mordru would be able to hold their own, at least. The next that I'm most familiar with, Dumbledore, while wily, is in over his head. He's powerful, with a wand. And rather quick-footed for his age. But, that's only by base human standards. Not super human level standards. He could probably get the jump on some, looking even more feeble than Roshi, but after that, its only a matter of "when" he gets eliminated.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Even Fate, Strange and the Amalgam get blitzed to paste effortlessly before they know the fight has started. A handful of fighters are literally on the "significant fraction of universal damage scale" level, with, at the minimum, some fraction of lightspeed reflexes, and that's just insanely beyond anything the three can possibly tank. All of the others die by accident.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

I think that their biggest advantage is that everyone with potentially universe destroying levels of power will need to restrict their opening superspeed AOE salvo to non-Dumbledore-killing levels so that they don't accidentally get themselves disqualified.

Leave Dumbledore alone
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Even Fate, Strange and the Amalgam get blitzed to paste effortlessly before they know the fight has started. A handful of fighters are literally on the "significant fraction of universal damage scale" level, with, at the minimum, some fraction of lightspeed reflexes, and that's just insanely beyond anything the three can possibly tank. All of the others die by accident.
    Right. I think it has to be said that even the sorcerers' greatest feats, plenty of which impact the fabric of reality itself and combat various esoteric gods, almost always required prep time well ahead of the battle to do so, and that's something they just don't have here.

Even Strange blocking the Infinity Gauntlet's rewind still required him very discreetly casting a spell over the course of several panels, and he'd be liquified well before he can try something like that here.

Edit: Also, the team is automatically eliminated from the Tournament for not having a full 10 fighter roster anyway. Magik laughs at the team as they fade away and then teleports to Otherworld for safety.
    Last edited by Cyke; 06-17-2021 at 01:23 PM.

Astonishing Member

Oops - add Clea for Dr. Strange's wife/girl friend - that's 10.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I suppose I'd better ask the dumb question.

What happens in Lina casts a Perfect Giga Slave? Zeno and his twin are powerful but even they would have significant issues with the Lord of Nightmares showing up and deciding to just end the tournament by obliterating everyone.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post

What happens in Lina casts a Perfect Giga Slave? Zeno and his twin are powerful but even they would have significant issues with the Lord of Nightmares showing up and deciding to just end the tournament by obliterating everyone.
    The obvious answer is that they invite the Lord of Nightmare to watch the show with them while the Grand Priest plies her cooperation with earth snacks and booze.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    The obvious answer is that they invite the Lord of Nightmare to watch the show with them while the Grand Priest plies her cooperation with earth snacks and booze.
    this is pretty much in character so I have no objections to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post

No idea how powerful Perfect Giga Slave/Lina is, but one Zeno not only wiped out an entire multiverse, but an immortal being whose essence had spread and corrupted time and space, to the point it was starting to appear in other timelines. And Zeno did that because he was mildly annoyed. In all honesty, I doubt we've seen even the barest hint of the Zenos' power.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    No idea how powerful Perfect Giga Slave/Lina is, but one Zeno not only wiped out an entire multiverse, but an immortal being whose essence had spread and corrupted time and space, to the point it was starting to appear in other timelines. And Zeno did that because he was mildly annoyed. In all honesty, I doubt we've seen even the barest hint of the Zenos' power.
    It may shock you to learn that I know what Zeno's deal is and the comparison to the Lord of Nightmares is very intentional.

For those at home who are unaware; the Lord of Nightmares is the personification of the infinite void of chaos from which all realities spawned from. That includes multiverses with the whole parallel timelines shebang. It's worth noting that she did not intend to create several multiverses, it happened as a byproduct of her power just existing without her really noticing.

Lina summoning /a fraction/ of the LoN power incorrectly, in one timeline, obliterated that universe. Doing the imperfect version of Giga Slave is basically summoning the power of the LoN into her sword of light which allows her to one-shot horribly powerful cosmic beings and the like.

If Lina does the Perfect Version of the Giga Slave spell then the personality of the Lord of Nightmares herself inhabits her body and that means there is someone who is around Zeno's level on the field now.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 06-18-2021 at 11:43 AM.

Mighty Member

To be fair, that was a very small multiverse, at least as far as multiversal beings are concerned.

Echoing what Nik said, LON is a really big deal. Multiversal cosmic-level deal. And Giga Slave is not so much technically an attack as it is a *summon*.

Not that Lina is fast enough to use it, of course. But if she *did* get started, take note that interrupting the spell in any way (and that includes killing the spellcaster) counts as an imperfect Giga Slave, which still summons LON anyway. Basically she knows full well whether she's being summoned, and it's up to her capricious whims whether she replies, appears or obliterates the pesky universe that calls her.
    Last edited by Twickster; 06-19-2021 at 05:46 AM.