View Poll Results: Should we get a explanation on how the x gene works ?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    5 23.81%
  • No

    16 76.19%
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    3,631

    Default Should we get a in depth explanation on how the x gene works ?

    Should we get a issue were we get a in depth look in to how the x gene really works or keep it as a hand wave. Personally I'd love if they established what makes a omega different from a normal or what determines what powers will be developed.

  2. #2
    Better than YOU! Alan2099's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,801

    Default

    You have a mutant gene. You get a random mutant power. Maybe multiple powers. Maybe no power at all and you just look funny.

  3. #3
    Extraordinary Member Glio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    5,836

    Default

    Any explanation is going to be a lot of genetic bullshit.

    I think the closest to an explanation was in Galacta when they said that all mutants are unconscious reality warpers. And that's like saying nothing.

  4. #4
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    24

    Default

    The problem with really specific explanations like "how the x-gene works" is that it can potentially limit options for writers down the road. And as much as people like to devour detailed information about things like that, for the writers it can be very burdensome. They already have to remember a lot as it is.

  5. #5
    Invincible Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    23,109

    Default

    No, boring. I think we've already had decades worth of material to explain it away. It doesnt need to get any deeper than it already is. That would open the door to more contradictions and limitations. Its a random mutation among humans and in the case of mutants, less so when they reproduce

  6. #6
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    6,994

    Default

    Absolutely, unequivocally and vehemently...No.
    We are MUTANT...One people. One tribe. One family...Planet Arakko, FOREVER!!!

  7. #7
    "Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    594

    Default

    Nah. Doesn't add anything; just boxes creators in.

  8. #8
    Extraordinary Member Phoenixx9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    8,588

    Default

    The answer is a resounding NO.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]


    "Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Standish View Post
    The problem with really specific explanations like "how the x-gene works" is that it can potentially limit options for writers down the road. And as much as people like to devour detailed information about things like that, for the writers it can be very burdensome. They already have to remember a lot as it is.
    Writers ignore what they want and add what they're allowed to. I don't think this would change anything.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Should we get a issue were we get a in depth look in to how the x gene really works or keep it as a hand wave. Personally I'd love if they established what makes a omega different from a normal or what determines what powers will be developed.
    It would be cool to understand the genetics of mutants. They already started in Powers of X with the chimeras. They could go further, especially since they distinguish omegas, etc.

  11. #11
    Astonishing Member AppleJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    2,752

    Default

    Since this is my wheelhouse I absolutely want it.

    But then I realize writers will never be able to keep it consistent or accurate going forward.

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Any explanation is going to be a lot of genetic bullshit.

    I think the closest to an explanation was in Galacta when they said that all mutants are unconscious reality warpers. And that's like saying nothing.
    That's stupid

  13. #13
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Carmel Valley, CA
    Posts
    6,937

    Default

    Whatever the fictional science is, the only certainty is that writers will either break the rules, or engage in artful circumvention of them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •