Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaStorm87 View Post
    Jesus, they're not going to create a book over some bit part nobody shitty character like Gabby.
    Don’t hold back. Tell us how you really feel.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    I think lights out may be the new name
    Dark Ages always had the "... when the lights went out" slogan. They might rename it, or they are probably just trying to hype it up as much as they can before people clue in they are just finally releasing this thing from a year and a half ago.

I'm open for anything, really, but is there at least a bit more to the concept of Dark Ages than "all of a sudden, the power went out"? Because unless there's a valid and prolonged reason for the power shutting off and staying off (like is Magneto or a Shi'ar/Kree/Skrull device keep electro-magnetic fields planet-wide in a permanent state of disruption?), then the logical conclusion to this problem is Tony Stark/Reed Richards/All-Other-Smart-People turn the lights back on.

I just feel like for stakes in the current iteration of the Marvel Universe, the world's power grid suddenly failing is pretty lowball.
    Last edited by Hellion; 06-18-2021 at 09:35 AM.
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    I'm open for anything, really, but is there at least a bit more to the concept of Dark Ages than "all of a sudden, the power went out"? Because unless there's a valid and prolonged reason for the power shutting off and staying off (like is Magneto or a Shi'ar/Kree/Skrull device keep electro-magnetic fields planet-wide in a permanent state of disruption?), then the logical conclusion to this problem is Tony Stark/Reed Richards/All-Other-Smart-People turn the lights back on.

I just feel like for stakes in the current iteration of the Marvel Universe, the world's power grid suddenly failing is pretty lowball.
    It's a EMP. All tech goes out: batteries, phones, radios, motors. It's not so easy

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post

I wouldn't think of it as very lowball. A lot can happen from even a temporary disruption, as demonstrated with what happens to Iron Man. Imagine all planes falling out of the sky and crashing at once. Not just the people on board dying, but those planes hitting buildings and infrastructure in various places, killing more people and destroying more capabilities in the process. And that's just regarding the planes. Not counting all the other machinery (e.g. computers) affected.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Please no x-books i’m so done with these mediocre writes getting to write x-characters

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Winter_fury View Post
    Please no x-books i’m so done with these mediocre writes getting to write x-characters
    Agreed, there's already enough mediocre talent on the books, we don't need any more.

Tom Taylor mediocre? Best seller writer and wrote some of the best x-books

Fantastic Member

Tom Taylor mediocre? Best seller writer and wrote some of the best x-books
    In your opinion as a biased Jean fan. I'm sure if it was as biased towards Emma as it was towards Jean you'd be singing a different time.

Imo X-Men Red was high tier cringe garbage, and best forgotten about(Thankfully, Marvel agrees with me). But I guess if you enjoy the "white woman saviour" trope then you might enjoy it.

Taylor isn't even close to Hickman, Vita, Ewing etc.

In your opinion as a biased Jean fan. I'm sure if it was as biased towards Emma as it was towards Jean you'd be singing a different time.

Imo X-Men Red was high tier cringe garbage, and best forgotten about(Thankfully, Marvel agrees with me). But I guess if you enjoy the "white woman saviour" trope then you might enjoy it.

He is their level or even better. His Nightwing is great, all new wolverine, DCeased, cartoons, theatre plays

I am starting to believe people trash him because he is one of the view that developed Jean grey

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

yea xmen red was not good. thankfully that is a thing of the past.n
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

A lot can be said of X-men Red and we have went through it before in various threads over the last few years. However I think some fans had issue with Jean leading Storm and Jean easily dispatching Storm in that one issue. However at the time Storm came across better in Red than being knocked out constantly in X-men Gold (where she was being led by Kitty Pryde). X-men Red replaced the Jean Grey solo so it was always supposed to be a Jean centered book and was never going to be a Storm centered one.

Taylor had success with some of his DC minis of a similar vein so we'll see where this goes. I will look at it and see if I like it.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    A lot can be said of X-men Red and we have went through it before in various threads over the last few years. However I think some fans had issue with Jean leading Storm and Jean easily dispatching Storm in that one issue. However at the time Storm came across better in Red than being knocked out constantly in X-men Gold (where she was being led by Kitty Pryde). X-men Red replaced the Jean Grey solo so it was always supposed to be a Jean centered book and was never going to be a Storm centered one.

Taylor had success with some of his DC minis of a similar vein so we'll see where this goes. I will look at it and see if I like it.
    we have to also keep in mind storm how storm was being handled in black panther at the time. that is what set the bar high. while I would agree that she was handled better in red versus gold, seeing her try to kill herself with lightning, and Jean having more meaningful conversations with characters storm had better relationships with were all examples of Taylor propping up jean in an inauthentic manner. it is what immediately turned me off to his writing.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Fantastic Member

He is their level or even better. His Nightwing is great, all new wolverine, DCeased, cartoons, theatre plays

I am starting to believe people trash him because he is one of the view that developed Jean grey
    His Jean Grey wasn't even good. As generic and bland as you can make a white girl protagonist. Didn't even come close to Morrison or Simpson's Jean.

So no, some of us don't use 'How much does the author favour the character I stan" as a guide to the actual quality of their output.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post

I see what you're trying to do here and no, I didn't dislike it because they had the white girl free the black from slavery (This did make me cringe with the tone deafness) I disliked it because I thought the quality of writing was ****.