Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

So, this is now all mutants everywhere vs Nova?

Dude, the worst he did was be a bit rude to Magneto. There are a lot of mutants that work with Magneto who have said far worse things than that to him and nobody is going "I wonder what mutant we can get to murder this guy for Magneto."

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post

Dude, the worst he did was be a bit rude to Magneto. There are a lot of mutants that work with Magneto who have said far worse things than that to him and nobody is going "I wonder what mutant we can get to murder this guy for Magneto."
    Just to be clear i was thinking abstractly based on the criteria set by other posters. Personally i like the marvel u and think it's time everrrrrrryybody got it together and worked together and made new threats. I just don't get why the heros are always fighting each other or making each others villians. That's just not what i want to see. I rather them seed new threats and create new interesting villains than the same backwards idea of heros in a shared universe fighting each other. Their fights should be familiar not locking each other up or killing each other. It's weird to me.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

The tens of pages on this topic will be even more hillarious when this encounter basically only lasts two pages

It apparently gets physical.

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

I think the main point is that you don't walk into someone elses home and punch them in the face just because you don't like them. It was unprovoked hostility. Dick Rider looked like a crazy person here.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    The tens of pages on this topic will be even more hillarious when this encounter basically only lasts two pages
    if it even is an actual encounter and not just what nova was thinking of doing

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I dont know much about nova but does he have his own power or like gl its from an item? If its an item you could have a teleporter teleport it away or a reality warper turn it into something else. And if he has a system in his body similar to humans any number of mutants could do a number on him. Windancer taking all the air out his body, iceman freezing him inside.
    it not really an item, its more like the phoenix force (not as powerful). its an energy force bonded to him.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    It apparently gets physical.

"Let's get physical...physical"

BANNED

It is incredibly hilarious to me.
    All the terrible down right atrocious things Magneto has done, but people wanna get mad Nova's rude to him?
    Magneto deserves so much worse, for what he's done to both humanity and mutantkind.
    I guess being a terrible down right awful person who has destroyed many lives just doesn't matter if you have an X on your chest, after all look how people prop up Apocalypse now

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Metro View Post
    It is incredibly hilarious to me.
    All the terrible down right atrocious things Magneto has done, but people wanna get mad Nova's rude to him?
    Magneto deserves so much worse, for what he's done to both humanity and mutantkind.
    I guess being a terrible down right awful person who has destroyed many lives just doesn't matter if you have an X on your chest, after all look how people prop up Apocalypse now
    So we're just going to pretend like Richard doesn't team up/friends with mass murders *cough* Gammora *cough*.

But that's besides the point literally no one has said that Magneto hasn't committed crimes before what they're saying is Dick Rider's attack and hostility against Magneto is completely unwarranted in this scenario. Richard is on a diplomatic mission he should conduct himself with a modicum of professionalism just like Magneto's doing.

So once again not liking Magneto because of his past crimes is valid. Try to pick a fight with / punching the head of state especially after they've already invited you to a diplomatic dinner and while you're standing on their space too boot is short sighted at best and an act of agression at worst.

But sure keep ignoring context in your rush to paint Xfans as irrational fanboys.

BANNED

And like that my point is proven.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Metro View Post
    And like that my point is proven.
    Sure, Jan.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Honestly Magnetos crimes are probably far worse than Gamoras. And those people ain't growing back in pods either he spent much more time as a terrorist than she spent as an assassin
    Last edited by gonnagiveittoya; 06-20-2021 at 06:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I dont know much about nova but does he have his own power or like gl its from an item? If its an item you could have a teleporter teleport it away or a reality warper turn it into something else. And if he has a system in his body similar to humans any number of mutants could do a number on him. Windancer taking all the air out his body, iceman freezing him inside.
    The power is inside of him.

Come on now. Wind dancer? There's no wind in space so wind dancer would be pretty useless, plus Rich doesn't need to breath and moves at light speeds.

Nova can also withstand the sub zero temperatures of space. Not sure how iceman would dare against him. Nova had a hole in his chest punched into him by Zeus and Nova still survived.

Astonishing Member

There are some XvM fights that should always have a set outcome regardless of in-universe consistency (eg Magneto and Storm should always triumph over Thor for somewhat obvious meta reasons) but some should be a coin toss

That said, this is either Rich being an ass and fantasising about it like it’s the 80s; or his accumulated issues picked The. Worst. Time to express themselves