Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Exactly! Thanks gets his ass's handed to him all the time and sometimes by someone like squirrel girl.
    but that's the joke with squirrel girl, she can beat anyone. if marvel had put her against magneto it would have ended the same as thanos with the actual fight skipped and magneto unconscious on the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Dev View Post
    Man, Magneto should just rip all the iron out of Nova's body and turn it into the shape of Dr.Doom and have Nova kiss its ass.
    Do you think Magneto is capable of lasting even a second in a fight with Thanos? Or Silver Surfer? Or Galactus? Or any of the abstracts? Is he capable of even seeing an abstract let alone communicating or fighting with them? Or something even worse? Does Magneto have the equivalent of an entire world’s worrh of psychic and cosmic energy at his disposal, like the the Council of Reeds’ Sol’s Anvil, but in the form of a single human? No? Magneto needs an atmosphere, demonstrably so. Nova doesn’t. Magneto isn’t capable of fighting or traveling at the speed of light or beyond. Nova is as fast as light. Nova is capable of interstellar travel, under his own power. Magneto can’t do that. Nova’s peers in power levels are Thor, the Supreme Intelligence, Beta Ray Bill, Gladiator, Ronin, Silver Surfer, any of Galactus’ heralds really, perhaps Galactus himself. Magneto has never shown himself to be capable of those levels of power. Nova can defeat Annihilus with his Cosmic Control Rod in a fist fight. Nova has defeated Thanos in a physical fight. Galactus has not even demonstrated that kind of strength, and Nova is only one of three or four or five characters in the entire Marvel Universe strong enough to stand up to him, and that includes characters such as Thor. So, sure, Hickman or whoever can write a Nova fight with Magneto however they choose. But Nova has previously been depicted at god-like levels of power. Nova operates at Phoenix-like levels. Magneto may be an “omega,” but he’s never, ever been shown to wield god-like power. It’s ridiculous to think Magneto would be anything but the equivalent of a piece of toilet paper to Nova. There’s “omega level,” and then there’s cosmic Marvel. Magneto’s an “omega.” But Nova is cosmic.
    Last edited by Brian B; 06-19-2021 at 02:11 AM.

Yh and against magneto it won't be a physical fight.
    So, Magneto is psychic now? Interesting. I always thought he is the master of magnetism, which is, you know, one of the four physical forces in the universe.

I mean a better person that is... Doom does what he does for Doom, magneto does what he does for his people who unlike real life supremacist, are actually killed, tortured, and told they are inferior abominations mistakes...etc. He saying they are superior is basically how poc and queer people realized that being white or being straight doesn't make a person superior and that they as they are are more than enough and even more than that. It's an ego boost...yes it's cringy and boderline racist but once you know where he came from it's not hard to imagine his pride in himself is this aggressive I mean he literally survived the Holocaust. What did Doom go through is he prosecuted for being born I don't think so he is hated for his actions.
    Also a very vast majority of mutants do not believe they are superior to humans charachters like storm, rouge, nightcrawler, colossus and the like all see themselves as equal but different to humans. This translated to most mutants, who just want to live in peace but human bigotry won't allow them.... Hence the need for the school hence magneto saying what he says hence asteroid M, hence genosha , hence the need for utopia, hence the need for limbo and now the need for krakoa arrako and the stars.
    I said Kirby drew Doom better than he drew Magneto. I stand by that. Look at Doom circa FF#87. Look at Magneto in X-Men#1. Which character looks better? The answer ain’t Magneto.

Wait he said nova is the strongest human? Bruh hulk is there, wanda is there, hell even billy is there all their power transcend a planet. Even look at planet size the omega mutants just moved heaven and earth in storms case literally on mars to make the planet habitable and it was done with ease no fatigue no stress just ease. Magneto was starting the core of the entire planet whilst running around doing inspections and making sure everything was going on smoothly, he was spooning and compressing the core with a great and tremendous power. And it was all like nothing. So nova being what and what is irrelevant.... Who wins is who the writes wants to win.
    I’m not your “bruh.”

Writers can write whatever Marvel editorial will tolerate. But there’s mutants or any superpowered character, and then there’s cosmic Marvel. The Hulk? Exactly. That’s the kind of character Nova has been shown to be the equivalent of, and Magneto just isn’t that powerful. Period.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    I’m not your “bruh.”

Writers can write whatever Marvel editorial will tolerate. But there’s mutants or any superpowered character, and then there’s cosmic Marvel. The Hulk? Exactly. That’s the kind of character Nova has been shown to be the equivalent of, and Magneto just isn’t that powerful. Period.
    Magento literally compressed the core of an entire planet without any power amplifying and without breaking a sweat. You might of had a point previously but in Hickman's run Magneto more than lives up to his Omega status and would give Nova a run for his money.

But yeah power level discussions are pointless lol

You have apparently not read through even the start of Abnett & Lanning’s run.

To answer your question, no.

Nova is one of only three Marvel characters based on Earth that I am aware of to go toe to toe physically with Thanos.
    Bruh I have no clue who Abnett or Lanning is so...... *shrugs* Physically Thanos ain't all that without the Gauntlet at least according to the MCU *shrugs*

Extraordinary Member

I’m not your “bruh.”

Facts.
    I like Magneto but Nova claps him.
    Power levels can be a mess but this is pretty straight forward.
    Also this is the grown up nova and not the kid.

Do you think Magneto is capable of lasting even a second in a fight with Thanos? Or Silver Surfer? Or Galactus? Or any of the abstracts? Is he capable of even seeing an abstract let alone communicating or fighting with them? Or something even worse? Does Magneto have the equivalent of an entire world’s worrh of psychic and cosmic energy at his disposal, like the the Council of Reeds’ Sol’s Anvil, but in the form of a single human? No? Magneto needs an atmosphere, demonstrably so. Nova doesn’t. Magneto isn’t capable of fighting or traveling at the speed of light or beyond. Nova is as fast as light. Nova is capable of interstellar travel, under his own power. Magneto can’t do that. Nova’s peers in power levels are Thor, the Supreme Intelligence, Beta Ray Bill, Gladiator, Ronin, Silver Surfer, any of Galactus’ heralds really, perhaps Galactus himself. Magneto has never shown himself to be capable of those levels of power. Nova can defeat Annihilus with his Cosmic Control Rod in a fist fight. Nova has defeated Thanos in a physical fight. Galactus has not even demonstrated that kind of strength, and Nova is only one of three or four or five characters in the entire Marvel Universe strong enough to stand up to him, and that includes characters such as Thor. So, sure, Hickman or whoever can write a Nova fight with Magneto however they choose. But Nova has previously been depicted at god-like levels of power. Nova operates at Phoenix-like levels. Magneto may be an “omega,” but he’s never, ever been shown to wield god-like power. It’s ridiculous to think Magneto would be anything but the equivalent of a piece of toilet paper to Nova. There’s “omega level,” and then there’s cosmic Marvel. Magneto’s an “omega.” But Nova is cosmic.
    Dude if Squirrel Girl can beat Thanos I'm sure Magneto can too lol

Yeah I think Mags got that ass I'm sorry....

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Yeah I think Mags got that ass I'm sorry....
    It was a clone. It’s not Thanos.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Bruh I have no clue who Abnett or Lanning is so...... *shrugs* Physically Thanos ain't all that without the Gauntlet at least according to the MCU *shrugs*
    And there you have it. You’re not aware of Nova, and thus judging his power based on... I don’t know what you’re basing it on.

BTW, while I’m hanging in there with Hickman, nothing he has done has been as good as Abnett & Lanning, IMO. I admit I’ve only read most of Hickman’s big runs, not really anything before FF. I still enjoyed his FF, it just wasn’t as good as Abnett & Lanning’s work with all of cosmic Marvel. That stuff they did with Guardians, et al, was top notch. They turned C- and D-listers into stars.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    but that's the joke with squirrel girl, she can beat anyone. if marvel had put her against magneto it would have ended the same as thanos with the actual fight skipped and magneto unconscious on the ground.
    Yep she is but wolverine who is no where near magneto still put harm in thanos sooooo...... Mind you thanos is not only incredibly strong but a very powerful psionic so.....

And there you have it. You’re not aware of Nova, and thus judging his power based on... I don’t know what you’re basing it on.

BTW, while I’m hanging in there with Hickman, nothing he has done has been as good as Abnett & Lanning, IMO. I admit I’ve only read most of Hickman’s big runs, not really anything before FF. I still enjoyed his FF, it just wasn’t as good as Abnett & Lanning’s work with all of cosmic Marvel. That stuff they did with Guardians, et al, was top notch. They turned C- and D-listers into stars.
    I'm judging it off Guardians of the Galaxy & that F4 special from last year, condescension aside I feel that's enough dude is aight to say he's 1 of the strongest MoFo's in 616 i don't see it but ya know hey believe what u want *shrugs*

Astonishing Member

So in conclusion Magneto is a mutant who's power level is literally "limitless" and Nova is a Cosmic level bad ass.