Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    Do you think Magneto is capable of lasting even a second in a fight with Thanos? Or Silver Surfer? Or Galactus? Or any of the abstracts? Is he capable of even seeing an abstract let alone communicating or fighting with them? Or something even worse? Does Magneto have the equivalent of an entire world’s worrh of psychic and cosmic energy at his disposal, like the the Council of Reeds’ Sol’s Anvil, but in the form of a single human? No? Magneto needs an atmosphere, demonstrably so. Nova doesn’t. Magneto isn’t capable of fighting or traveling at the speed of light or beyond. Nova is as fast as light. Nova is capable of interstellar travel, under his own power. Magneto can’t do that. Nova’s peers in power levels are Thor, the Supreme Intelligence, Beta Ray Bill, Gladiator, Ronin, Silver Surfer, any of Galactus’ heralds really, perhaps Galactus himself. Magneto has never shown himself to be capable of those levels of power. Nova can defeat Annihilus with his Cosmic Control Rod in a fist fight. Nova has defeated Thanos in a physical fight. Galactus has not even demonstrated that kind of strength, and Nova is only one of three or four or five characters in the entire Marvel Universe strong enough to stand up to him, and that includes characters such as Thor. So, sure, Hickman or whoever can write a Nova fight with Magneto however they choose. But Nova has previously been depicted at god-like levels of power. Nova operates at Phoenix-like levels. Magneto may be an “omega,” but he’s never, ever been shown to wield god-like power. It’s ridiculous to think Magneto would be anything but the equivalent of a piece of toilet paper to Nova. There’s “omega level,” and then there’s cosmic Marvel. Magneto’s an “omega.” But Nova is cosmic.
    I guess the cosmic cube which is an "omega level" wepons in canon is not cosmic then, this is your logic by the way... Oh and the pheonix imbibed five are also not cosmic since they are omega level designated.
    Last edited by dirtynun; 06-19-2021 at 07:12 AM.

BANNED

I said Kirby drew Doom better than he drew Magneto. I stand by that. Look at Doom circa FF#87. Look at Magneto in X-Men#1. Which character looks better? The answer ain’t Magneto.
    Who is looking at aesthetics here? we are talking about morality of both charachters and when measured against each other doom is worse yet you have the star bucked head boy cavorting with him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by brian b View Post
    i’m not your “bruh.”

writers can write whatever marvel editorial will tolerate. But there’s mutants or any superpowered character, and then there’s cosmic marvel. The hulk? Exactly. That’s the kind of character nova has been shown to be the equivalent of, and magneto just isn’t that powerful. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I'm judging it off Guardians of the Galaxy & that F4 special from last year, condescension aside I feel that's enough dude is aight to say he's 1 of the strongest MoFo's in 616 i don't see it but ya know hey believe what u want *shrugs*

Let’s see Magneto do that. Of course Magneto could not. It’s flipping Annihilus.

For some sense of power scales, Annihilus took a direct cosmic energy blast from Galactus, which destroyed an entire fleet of thousands of spaceships and biological spaceship (bugs), a space armada so large it consumed and destroyed numerous planets. Annihilus took a direct blast from Galactus and lived through it, still standing and still fighting. It was a blast that would have cracked a planet in two, if it was aimed at one. That’s how tough Annihilus is. But Nova still did that to Annihilus.

Look, writers are going to write what they are going to write, but it is clearly shown in Marvel continuity that Nova is on par with or stronger than a being who can take a real blast from Galactus. Nova was the sole survivor of a planet destroying Annihilation wave, too. This is a guy who is at least as powerful as one of Galactus’ heralds, perhaps Galactus himself. And you think Magneto can beat him? Poppycock. Light speed, energy absorption, an entire planet’s worth of cosmic and computing power at his disposal (the Nova force), and control of gravity which is the most pervasive force in the universe. This ain’t your daddy’s Rich Rider anymore. Nova’s all grown up now.
    Last edited by Brian B; 06-19-2021 at 07:25 AM.

Let’s see Magneto do that. Of course Magneto could not. It’s flipping Annihilus.

For some sense of power scales, Annihilus took a direct cosmic energy blast from Galactus, which destroyed an entire fleet of thousands of spaceships and biological spaceship (bugs), a space armada so large it consumed and destroyed numerous planets. Annihilus took a direct blast from Galactus and lived through it, still standing and still fighting. It was a blast that would have cracked a planet in two, if it was aimed at one. That’s how tough Annihilus is. But Nova still did that to Annihilus.

Look, writers are going to write what they are going to write, but it is clearly shown in Marvel continuity that Nova is on par with or stronger than a being who can take a real blast from Galactus. Nova was the sole survivor of a planet destroying Annihilation wave, too. This is a guy who is at least as powerful as one of Galactus’ heralds, perhaps Galactus himself. And you think Magneto can beat him? Poppycock. Light speed, energy absorption, an entire planet’s worth of cosmic and computing power at his disposal (the Nova force), and control of gravity which is the most pervasive force in the universe. This ain’t your daddy’s Rich Rider anymore. Nova’s all grown up now.

As we’ve seen through the eyes of Moira I through IX, Magneto and all of the X-Men, and all of Earth’s mutants can’t even beat Nimrod, let alone the Phalanx. But you know who beat the Phalanx? Nova and the Guardians did.

Yeah I think Mags got that ass I'm sorry....
    That's Squirrel Girl. She's at a level all her own. Magneto couldn't beat her either.

Let’s talk about mutants and their relations who could beat Nova:

• Phoenix.
    • Vulcan, in a fair fight.
    • Franklin Richards, before the retcon.
    • Maybe Wanda, before the retcon.
    • Proteus as originally portrayed. (Why they’ve portrayed him so weakly ever since his first appearance confounds me.)
    • Legion.
    • Apocalypse himself would be a good fight. He could certainly go head to head with him.

That’s off the top of my head. Magneto? No.

• Phoenix.
    • Proteus as originally portrayed. (Why they’ve portrayed him so weakly ever since his first appearance confounds me.)
    • Legion.
    • Apocalypse himself would be a good fight. He could certainly go head to head with him.

This is all just your opinion *shrugs*

BANNED

• Phoenix.
    • Legion.

This is all still your opinion.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Yeah Nova is crazy powerful. And even with all his power magneto is still like 90

Just so to be clear....
    Whenever i see thise sort of discussion about "a can defeat b" I nowaday cringe and feel physically bad.
    Because is fundamentally flawed discussion. Too much bias from one side and the other, biases justified in being fan of one and knowing very little of the other, as well as the inherent nature of action comics where overall power levels of characters VARY by decades(golden age heroes had very dffierent threshold of power than silver or bronze as example), by writer(most have a vague idea of what character can do9, by artist(sometimes a writer assume a feat fitting a certain power but artist depict it way over the top or too subtle), if the character is in his own titlte or guest in another(in batman title everyone is PWNED by freaking Joker but Batman...WTF?!?!?), if is supposed to be the main character of the story or just a secondary one(helllooooo Krylin), and also the development/deterioration of the plot and action over time(or in other words: In Fast and the Furios we start as regular car stunts, now we have carzan! And everyone is impactproof).
    Power Level means nothing if we don't agree/know where all characters are in term of power. Is Rick still as powerfull as when he kicked annihilus bowels? Is Magneto still able to merge with planetary magnetic field? Do Nova powers protect them form magnetism considering it does protect them fro any ill effect of OPEN SPACE? who know.
    So deal that depending on the moment Magneto can be taken down by a wooden gun. And Nova can get defeated by a sloppy spiderman clone. And the next time you see them the juggle cities and fights Hyperion, blue marvel and hulk at same time.
    superhero comics are like that

Storm not only stood up to silver surfer but she hurt him in ff so i dont see why magneto cant
    I mean they must have iron in their body. I hate battles but it seems people really sleep on mutants. Even some of the lesser mutants like emplate could do serious damage by making silver surfer attack everybody but mutants and them hurt himself. Or he could simply make him feel like he wants nothing else but to lose
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

• Phoenix.
    • Legion.

Magneto would turn Nova into Ovah! Lol

But im sure Nova will be pit in his place soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    Magneto would turn Nova into Ovah! Lol

But im sure Nova will be pit in his place soon.
    I dont know much about nova but does he have his own power or like gl its from an item? If its an item you could have a teleporter teleport it away or a reality warper turn it into something else. And if he has a system in his body similar to humans any number of mutants could do a number on him. Windancer taking all the air out his body, iceman freezing him inside.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/