Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    So we're just going to pretend like Richard doesn't team up/friends with mass murders *cough* Gammora *cough*.

But that's besides the point literally no one has said that Magneto hasn't committed crimes before what they're saying is Dick Rider's attack and hostility against Magneto is completely unwarranted in this scenario. Richard is on a diplomatic mission he should conduct himself with a modicum of professionalism just like Magneto's doing.

So once again not liking Magneto because of his past crimes is valid. Try to pick a fight with / punching the head of state especially after they've already invited you to a diplomatic dinner and while you're standing on their space too boot is short sighted at best and an act of agression at worst.

But sure keep ignoring context in your rush to paint Xfans as irrational fanboys.
    Period!

Here, here!

Got to say as both a long time Nova Fan and X-men fan though I'm usually less vocal about the latter, I'm loving how the Rich walloping Magento scene has created so much debate and fuss - kudos Al Ewing for doing this! I'm sure things will play out, after all we're all going into Last Annihilation together but with Rich, well he's always been a bit hot-headed - its part of the human rocket's charm.

Quote Originally Posted by Metro View Post
    And once again my point is proven.
    It shouldn't be this easy and yet it is
    You've said this twice now and it's a cop out. Expound on your point.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I'm unsure on the math here, but I'm pretty sure this is Novas first time with the "reformed" Magneto. **** it might be his only time meeting Magneto, though I'm sure statistically some big crossover had them in the same event, but he's not a guy who gets a lot of one on one time with what he sees as a very infamous supervillain

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I'm unsure on the math here, but I'm pretty sure this is Novas first time with the "reformed" Magneto. **** it might be his only time meeting Magneto, though I'm sure statistically some big crossover had them in the same event, but he's not a guy who gets a lot of one on one time with what he sees as a very infamous supervillain
    And that's what makes comics wonky. Magneto saved the west coast when a huge earthquake hit, and again when he used his powers to essentially reconstruct a Celestial's nervous system. He saved Kitty from the bullet. His participation in Axis.

Nova may be busy and doesn't have time to check the news. But if people want to act like redemption can't happen then a good chunk of our current heroes, mutant and human, should be punched by Nova too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    You've said this twice now and it's a cop out. Expound on your point.
    It's not cop out when you keep doing exactly what I said, Magneto deserves far worse than what Rich is giving to him for being the atrocious person he is and continues to be, when the only defense given is "Well other characters have done bad things!" As if that's supposed to be anything else than whataboutism just shows what the agenda is here

It's not cop out when you keep doing exactly what I said, Magneto deserves far worse than what Rich is giving to him for being the atrocious person he is and continues to be, when the only defense given is "Well other characters have done bad things!" As if that's supposed to be anything else than whataboutism just shows what the agenda is here
    So you don't believe in redemption? That saving the world doesn't change anything? If that's how you feel then that's totally fine. But I don't agree that Erik deserves to be punched by someone he doesn't know for past crimes because then that should apply to all heroes with past crimes.
    But I see some Nova fans explaining that he is hot-headed at times and is having some issues. That makes a lot more sense.

So you don't believe in redemption? That saving the world doesn't change anything? If that's how you feel then that's totally fine. But I don't agree that Erik deserves to be punched by someone he doesn't know for past crimes because then that should apply to all heroes with past crimes.
    But I see some Nova fans explaining that he is hot-headed at times and is having some issues. That makes a lot more sense.
    Yes he is hot headed and even though I'm a Nova fan, I don't think Magneto deserved to be punched in the head (I'm also an X-Men fan).

BANNED

Magneto has never been redeem he's the same terrible supremacist mass murdering sack of garbage he's always been.
    Only now the narrative forgot that's supposed to be a bad thing and enables him.
    And thanks for once again proving my point by using this whataboutism argument.

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    Yes he is hot headed and even though I'm a Nova fan, I don't think Magneto deserved to be punched in the head (I'm also an X-Men fan).
    Agreed. Hot headed is no excuse, it just helps explain his poor choice.

Magneto has never been redeem he's the same terrible supremacist mass murdering sack of garbage he's always been.
    Only now the narrative forgot that's supposed to be a bad thing and enables him.
    And thanks for once again proving my point by using this whataboutism argument.
    So you don't believe in redemption. Got it.
    Hate wanking on Magneto should be a sport at this point.

Objectively speaking Nova punching Magneto while wrong just shows a natural human reaction which i'm okay with. Unless things change and it's more from the previous posts apparently he packs a lot of power and he didn't hit him with a blast or any of his other abilities he punched him in his face. While never okay i can understand it even if he is working with the likes of Gamora etc. Context matters. If my friend commits the same crime as a stranger i'm going to use more energy to understand my friend than a stranger. That doesn't make me right but at the end of the day i have a connection with that person so am willing to give it more energy.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Agreed. Hot headed is no excuse, it just helps explain his poor choice.

So you don't believe in redemption. Got it.
    Hate wanking on Magneto should be a sport at this point.
    And you just keep proving me right, it's crazy really

Marvel literally put out a series entitled Magneto: Not a Hero.

I think it’s great to see Nova standing up to this villain.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Marvel literally put out a series entitled Magneto: Not a Hero.
    Of course he isn't. But he's always not the same megalomaniac hellbent on human extinction.

Hickman literally highlights this in Xmen #4.

No matter how you spin it Nova was in the wrong in this situation.