Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    It was cute that Magneto remembered Sam, and maybe from the AXIS event.
    I was trying to think of when Magneto and Sam had even been in the same room together and I can only think it was when Magneto was Inverted and part of the collection of Inverted villains/heroes that Sam!Nova and Spidey joined up with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Why is he making a big stank with Magneto. Doom is currently on his own team.
    He says he's tired of shaking hands with Supervillains so he's probably not happy with Doom either.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Wasn't there supposed to be a mini crossover between these two titles?
    Yes.

THE LAST ANNIHILATION .

It takes place in GOTG#16 and SWORD#7

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Whim View Post
    why is he writing Nova like this? man it's like Abnett was the only one that could write him right.
    Nova is dealing with a lot of post-traumatic stress disorder from one trauma after another over the last several years, starting with the entire Annihilation War and everything he went through there, to his brother going insane and becoming a villain, to spending months trapped in the Cancerverse undergoing constant torment, to his recent death and resurrection stopping the last "Annihilation" event. Rich is currently in therapy to try and deal with some of this baggage, since he has been on the verge of mental breakdown for a while now.

Not saying this excuses Rich's behaviour here -- just saying he's already been emotionally unstable and highly stressed for a while now. He's not at his best.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    Yes.

THE LAST ANNIHILATION .

It takes place in GOTG#16 and SWORD#7
    Awesome thanks for the info

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I was trying to think of when Magneto and Sam had even been in the same room together and I can only think it was when Magneto was Inverted and part of the collection of Inverted villains/heroes that Sam!Nova and Spidey joined up with.

He says he's tired of shaking hands with Supervillains so he's probably not happy with Doom either.
    Magneto wasn´t inverted really, Remender said he wrote him the same, just a little bit nicer because he´s more a grey character than a traditional villain or hero and yes he joined with Cap America, Spider-Man and Sam to help the other heros and villains to get back to normal and to stop the Red Skull.

And it´s just Magneto´s bad luck he decides to stop doing that when he´s shacking hands with him, I guess.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Mags need to stomp that punk. He can start by dropping the iron core of a planet on him lol.
    Yeah... no. Magneto ain’t all that. Nova has gone toe to toe with the likes of Thanos. Magneto could not actually defeat Rich if comics had consistent depictions of power. Even smashing the asteroids into Mars is far less than the power levels Nova has been depicted as wielding.

On the other hand, Starlord’s a huge star now, but I feel like Abigail Brand could easily lick him in any fair fight. Hell, I think Artie Maddicks could take Starlord.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    It's always the Flatscans that start it.
    Nova’s not a flat scan. He’s the wielder of immense cosmic power. He’s Thor-level. He’s Thanos-level. Odin-level. Hulk-level. Silver Surfer-level.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Not shaking Magneto's hand I get. The guy is one one of the worst criminals in world history. But you can't just slug Vladimir Putin no matter how much righteous anger you have.
    You make a good point.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    I hope Erik balls nova up into a crushed space soda can.
    This is ridiculous. Have none of you read Abnett & Lanning’s cosmic Marvel books? This is like saying, “Magneto should crush Thanos.” It’s silly. Writers can write what they’re going to write, but forget “omega level.” Nova’s cosmic. He has an entire planet’s worth of power behind him, more if he’s got the Quantum Bands. With Franklin Richards de-powered, Nova might be the most powerful human in the Marvel Universe, excluding the mutants Vulcan and Phoenix when Jean is Phoenix. Vulcan could kick Nova’s butt in a fair fight, but not Magneto.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    This is ridiculous. Have none of you read Abnett & Lanning’s cosmic Marvel books? This is like saying, “Magneto should crush Thanos.” It’s silly. Writers can write what they’re going to write, but forget “omega level.” Nova’s cosmic. He has an entire planet’s worth of power behind him, more if he’s got the Quantum Bands. With Franklin Richards de-powered, Nova might be the most powerful human in the Marvel Universe, excluding the mutants Vulcan and Phoenix when Jean is Phoenix. Vulcan could kick Nova’s butt in a fair fight, but not Magneto.
    Vulcan isnt even the most powerful Omega.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    nah, Nova is good. let someone have some some morality
    For once, I agree with you, Rang10.

BANNED

It's always the Flatscans that start it.
    Every single time

Vulcan isnt even the most powerful Omega.
    Not as written by Hickman. But as written by Abnett & Lanning, only Phoenix is perhaps more powerful.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Erik is just that type of old ************ you just wanna pop on sight cause you know he stuck in his ways & secretly judging you the entire time so you just get more & more PO'd till you swing on him.
    Yh because Doom is soo much better than magneto.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Sphere View Post
    Oh my goodness, the idea of Magneto needing a good humbling beatdown every so often to keep the Mutant Master Race spiels away is something else.

Anyways, I can't really blame Nova for not wanting to shake hands with an unapologetic mutant supremacist that has caused untold death and suffering since first appearing a public figure. As a human being the correct response is absolutely revulsion and anger.

But at the same time, why in the blinking EFF is he hanging out with Doctor Doom? Victor is insane and evil, and has ruined the damn universe on multiple occasions.
    Hypocrisy?