Page 8 of 38 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 558
  1. #106
    Fantastic Member Covetous_One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    427

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    While I might agree that it is not a perfect approach, it is the most logical way to stop humanity from stepping into the lion's den that is now on Mars.

    About as "Open And Shut..." as that.
    Keeping humanity safe from War-centered mutants is one thing speaking for billions of lives is another.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

  2. #107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    I mean america and most of the most powerful countries in the world make decisions everyone has to live with. It makes sense that the most powerful nation gets to do that.
    They aren't making those decisions on behalf of the other countries though. America making a decision that impacts, say, Japan, is not the same thing as America saying "we speak on behalf of the country of Japan, which we are now the sovereign ruler of"

    The idea of Mars as a barrier world also seems to be bullshit because in X-Men 1 a giant alien monster is smack in the middle of NYC, so it seems more that they've made Earth a barrier world from Mercury than Mars protecting Earth
    Last edited by gonnagiveittoya; 06-17-2021 at 05:21 PM.

  3. #108
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    4,572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    No it doesn’t make it right when America does it and it doesn’t make it right when Krakoa does it. Plus we are talking about people who don’t even live on Earth who didn’t get consent, Eternals who live on Titan weren’t asked. Following one countries bad habits is terrible if you are supposed to be above such lowly people
    From Reading current Eternals comics, I don’t think there is anyone left on Titan now

  4. #109
    Fantastic Member Covetous_One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    427

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    From Reading current Eternals comics, I don’t think there is anyone left on Titan now
    Thanks for the correction
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

  5. #110
    BANNED Rang10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    2,919

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    Making Planet Arakki(Mars) in Storm’s words a “barrier” between Earth and incoming threats to Earth is not bad. Krakoa having a Regent to speak for every person in Sol without consent is completely wrong.
    It's not a barrier is just a planet. They can just evacuate Krakoa to there and leave humans to protect theirselves. I have nofaith that they will put their lifes on line for earth

  6. #111
    Fantastic Member Covetous_One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    427

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    It's not a barrier is just a planet. They can just evacuate Krakoa to there and leave humans to protect theirselves. I have nofaith that they will put their lifes on line for earth
    I’m willing to give the Arakki a chance to see what they can do.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

  7. #112
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    11,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Metal Sphere View Post
    Please don't do this. Many members have posted very well written reasons why the X-Men as an allegory for ethnic, racial, and sexual minorities falls apart beyond superficial comparisons. That was before the Krakoan era, and before the latest expansion. In fact, comparing mutants as they are now in the MU with minorities would be playing into the grossest, fear mongering crap hateful bigots say in real life. Things like [insert group] wants to impoverish your group, take all the power, pervert society, become the ones in charge, etc... By all means revel in the feats our heroes are pulling off, the fantastic Pepe Larraz art we're getting, but the story Hickman and co. are writing has a consistent subtext running through it. One that is wholly incompatible with the strife and struggles of real world oppressed people.

    Anyways, back to SWORD, I'm glad people remembered what Ewing said about Abigail's position eventually leading to conflict between protecting Earth vs Krakoa. Right after the line everyone keeps citing where she says she doesn't work for Krakoa, Magneto chides her and points out the origanization is staffed and funded 100% by mutants, and she herself is a mutant. For example, this latest move by Krakoa? It gave her another SWORD station. There are millions more of her people, they're now the capital of the solar system, and the regent (ruler) of all in the solar system is a mutant. She is a fool if she thinks she's going to at any point prioritize protecting the Earth over Arrako without the Council yanking on the reins to get her under control.

    Also, props for everyone breaking down why there are legitimate reasons why countries and people would automatically reject the expansionist actions taken, the instant diminishment of this location being the capital (center of power) of the Solar System, and a new ruler for ALL life in the system. Trying to paint people as bigots in-universe for not going YASSSS when you're being commanded to bend the knee to some far flung clowns you had no say in. Kings, Presidents, Cultural leaders, fans of representative rule, etc... have all the reason in the world to dislike this. And being told it's not so bad, you have this seat at the table we've unilaterally created, is incredibly condescending.
    Fair point you raise, except what the Krakoans are doing, by and large, is in response to a human society and human authorities that refused to accept them as equals when "The Dream" was simply about coexisting peacefully with humanity for mutual benefit, comfort, and advancement, that constantly tried to repress and even wipe out all mutants and justified those genocidal actions by the crimes of a relative few against humans. Honestly, the fact that they feel unfairly shut out of decisions about things that affect them as a collective whole and dominated by others who they fear seek to or will wipe them out entirely, to me, is just them getting a taste of what mutants had to experience and live through for years, if not decades, counting in-universe. Not so good when the shoe's on the other foot, is it?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  8. #113
    BANNED Rang10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    2,919

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    I’m willing to give the Arakki a chance to see what they can do.
    Arraki want to fight that is true but doesn't mean Krakoa wants it, but a alien invasion doesn't need to go there first. there is enough routes to never go there

  9. #114
    Fantastic Member Covetous_One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    427

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Fair point you raise, except what the Krakoans are doing, by and large, is in response to a human society and human authorities that refused to accept them as equals when "The Dream" was simply about coexisting peacefully with humanity for mutual benefit, comfort, and advancement, that constantly tried to repress and even wipe out all mutants and justified those genocidal actions by the crimes of a relative few against humans. Honestly, the fact that they feel unfairly shut out of decisions about things that affect them as a collective whole and dominated by others who they fear seek to or will wipe them out entirely, to me, is just them getting a taste of what mutants had to experience and live through for years, if not decades, counting in-universe. Not so good when the shoe's on the other foot, is it?
    Though this decision affects more than just humans it affects every one on the planet.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

  10. #115
    BANNED Rang10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    2,919

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    They aren't making those decisions on behalf of the other countries though. America making a decision that impacts, say, Japan, is not the same thing as America saying "we speak on behalf of the country of Japan, which we are now the sovereign ruler of"

    The idea of Mars as a barrier world also seems to be bullshit because in X-Men 1 a giant alien monster is smack in the middle of NYC, so it seems more that they've made Earth a barrier world from Mercury than Mars protecting Earth
    depending on the time of the year they are so far away. I'm not sure if they ever allign in a way that at least it could help a invasion earth.
    Seems like they are close for a short period of year, but most of it they are useless. Also there is other routes to avoid it. including teletransport

  11. #116

    Default

    It's amazing what mutants can do when they're not running and fighting for their lives. Look what they've created. Of course it's going to be controversial because, comic books, but I'm sure there are plenty of humans who are incredibly intrigued and wondering how they can get in on other projects.
    Boop! Krakoa forever!

  12. #117
    Invincible Member numberthirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    21,337

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    It's not a barrier is just a planet. They can just evacuate Krakoa to there and leave humans to protect theirselves. I have nofaith that they will put their lifes on line for earth
    Yeah...

    Not like we have a provable instance of them having already done so or anything...

  13. #118
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    No it doesn’t make it right when America does it and it doesn’t make it right when Krakoa does it. Plus we are talking about people who don’t even live on Earth who didn’t get consent, Eternals who live on Titan weren’t asked. Following one countries bad habits is terrible if you are supposed to be above such lowly people
    Did I say what america does is right? Nope I just said powerful nations tend to behave like that and krakoa with the omega level mutant a are the most powerful nation perhaps planet since arrako has its own omega mutants one of whom has the power to never lose anything. The eternals or whatever have been meddling in human businesses for centuries and if they do not like the change the are more than happy to oppose it same as the humans or whomever.

  14. #119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    depending on the time of the year they are so far away. I'm not sure if they ever allign in a way that at least it could help a invasion earth.
    Seems like they are close for a short period of year, but most of it they are useless. Also there is other routes to avoid it. including teletransport
    You astound me.
    Boop! Krakoa forever!

  15. #120
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    It's not a barrier is just a planet. They can just evacuate Krakoa to there and leave humans to protect theirselves. I have nofaith that they will put their lifes on line for earth
    I mean regardless of how bad hanity threats them won't just pack up and leave remember many mutants have human family members infact most if not all do.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •