Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 558
  1. #121
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    They aren't making those decisions on behalf of the other countries though. America making a decision that impacts, say, Japan, is not the same thing as America saying "we speak on behalf of the country of Japan, which we are now the sovereign ruler of"

    The idea of Mars as a barrier world also seems to be bullshit because in X-Men 1 a giant alien monster is smack in the middle of NYC, so it seems more that they've made Earth a barrier world from Mercury than Mars protecting Earth
    Yh except it does only now subtlely due to geopolitics and globalization. America is seen as the world leader because if it's sheer power and often even in media depict themselves speaking on behalf of the entire planet it's not outright but the whistle is there.

  2. #122
    Fantastic Member Covetous_One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    427

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Did I say what america does is right? Nope I just said powerful nations tend to behave like that and krakoa with the omega level mutant a are the most powerful nation perhaps planet since arrako has its own omega mutants one of whom has the power to never lose anything. The eternals or whatever have been meddling in human businesses for centuries and if they do not like the change the are more than happy to oppose it same as the humans or whomever.
    So Krakoa should get every representative to consent in such matters cause what SWORD is doing will have every one in the universe looking at the mutants and Sol both as potential allies and threats.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

  3. #123
    Incredible Member Stormultt Divine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    794

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Yeah...

    Not like we have a provable instance of them having already done so or anything...
    Lmaoo, right

    Mutants glow up a little bit and people go crazy, conviently forgetting that the xmen have fought for humanity while humanity have plotted their annihilation lol, at some points very successfully.

    The mutants are taking what they deserve after decades of trauma, fighting and survival. Humans dont get to police mutants after decades of trying to KILL them.

  4. #124
    Fantastic Member Covetous_One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    427

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    Lmaoo, right

    Mutants glow up a little bit and people go crazy, conviently forgetting that the xmen have fought for humanity while humanity have plotted their annihilation lol, at some points very successfully.

    The mutants are taking what they deserve after decades of trauma, fighting and survival. Humans dont get to police mutants after decades of trying to KILL them.
    So mutants should represent an entire solar system that has other people who aren’t human without consent?
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

  5. #125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    Lmaoo, right

    Mutants glow up a little bit and people go crazy, conviently forgetting that the xmen have fought for humanity while humanity have plotted their annihilation lol, at some points very successfully.

    The mutants are taking what they deserve after decades of trauma, fighting and survival. Humans dont get to police mutants after decades of trying to KILL them.
    Preach.

    And frankly it should be remembered that they did this to 1. secure their medicine production (which saves human lives) thus their treaties and 2. relocate Arrako before it caused serious problems with the human population.
    Last edited by Jbenito; 06-17-2021 at 06:25 PM.
    Boop! Krakoa forever!

  6. #126

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    It's not a barrier is just a planet. They can just evacuate Krakoa to there and leave humans to protect theirselves. I have nofaith that they will put their lifes on line for earth
    The idea of it being a barrier makes almost no sense. It's not like Mars orbit's the earth or anything, or their revloutions around the sun are lined up. The moon is more of a barrier than Mars is

  7. #127
    Incredible Member Stormultt Divine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    794

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    So mutants should represent an entire solar system that has other people who aren’t human without consent?
    If they choose to? Yes.

    Id say the same for humans if they reached mars and gave it life again but they didnt, the mutants did.

  8. #128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    Lmaoo, right

    Mutants glow up a little bit and people go crazy, conviently forgetting that the xmen have fought for humanity while humanity have plotted their annihilation lol, at some points very successfully.

    The mutants are taking what they deserve after decades of trauma, fighting and survival. Humans dont get to police mutants after decades of trying to KILL them.
    Don't see how that means they now get to, very literally, declare themselves Kings of the planet. Sounds dictatory as fuck.

  9. #129

    Default

    The idea of mutants being a Master Race is completely uninteresting and unappealing to me, the idea that one race is inherently Superior to another because of their birth, which is why it's such a disappointment that since 2019 instead of it being something the X-Men opposed it's now become their primary focus in the entire franchise. Hopefully Duggans run turns away from a lot of that.

  10. #130
    Fantastic Member Covetous_One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    427

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    If they choose to? Yes.

    Id say the same for humans if they reached mars and gave it life again but they didnt, the mutants did.
    Nobody was given that choice to take that upon yourself opens a whole lot of conflict, story wise is the point, them terraforming Mars and claiming as theirs is cool and fair. Saying that you speak for me when I didn’t give consent is rude to human and non-human/mutant allies on Earth.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

  11. #131
    Incredible Member Stormultt Divine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    794

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Don't see how that means they now get to, very literally, declare themselves Kings of the planet. Sounds dictatory as fuck.
    Its not like theyve raided the planet, they actually done Earth two very important favors as @Jbenito pointed out.

    As for Planet Arrako, its VERY just that rule THAT planet. Humans are welcome to visit so whats the issue? Humanity put itself first in every regard, in every step of the way in MU history. THE mutants are doing the same thing for their race so really theres no morally correct argument here against them speaking for SOL. Unless mutants suddenly get the urge to invade, plunder and take humans as slaves (sounds familiar) then there is no issue.
    Last edited by Stormultt Divine; 06-17-2021 at 06:35 PM.

  12. #132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    It's not a barrier is just a planet. They can just evacuate Krakoa to there and leave humans to protect theirselves. I have nofaith that they will put their lifes on line for earth
    I definitely think that's part of Xavier's and Magnetos endgame. Orchis makes a big push on earth, mutants bail to Mars, then a big war on two fronts between Orchis and the Phalanx

  13. #133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    Its not like theyve raided the planet, they actually done Earth two very important favors as @Jbenito pointed out.

    As for Planet Arrako, its VERY just that rule THAT planet. Humans are welcome to visit so whats the issue? Humanity put itself first in every regard, in every step of the way in MU history. THE mutants are doing the same thing for their race so really theres no morally correct argument here against them speakong for SOL. Unless mutants suddenly get the urge to invade, plurge and take humans as slave there is no issue.
    Sol, a system which includes Earth. Having a King Queen Regent or whatever the fuck it's called means they've chosen someone to be King of Earth. What happens if Earth doesn't agree with what their unchosen, self proclaimed godking decides is best for them?

  14. #134
    Astonishing Member CoCoBandz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Some bag...
    Posts
    3,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    So Krakoa should get every representative to consent in such matters cause what SWORD is doing will have every one in the universe looking at the mutants and Sol both as potential allies and threats.
    Then it's a good thing the Mutants have one of the most powerul intergalactic empires backing them fullsail.

    The flatscans should be more grateful every once in a while.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

    THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

  15. #135

    Default

    It really sucks that they spent months building up the gala as a big bridge building event to mend bonds between mutants and humans (especially bafter they burned several of those bridges themselves) and then bait and switched by having the mutants declare themselves Kings of Earth

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •