Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    How about you wait till the book actually comes out before you start speculating... The muatnts terraformers an entire planet in the matter of hours whose to say they can control orbit of the planet or what have you. Storm knows why she said what she says and unless it's made clear as to why she did all we put forth would be based on conjecture.
    They can control the orbit of planet and that means zero because most time of the year mars isn't close to Earth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8aBZZnv6y8

even being close to Earth, the distance is light years away and they can just use another route. Nothing complicated to undertand.

I really wonder how people think the space is to think mars is a barrier.

You know when a road is blocked and you take a shortcut? Space is the same wbut with more possibilities

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Still don't see why they decided to put the millions of warlike barbarian type murdery mutants and the diplomatic space embassy in the same location
    The Arraki will keep everyone in line. They're brilliants mutants, not barbarian. War-raised yes, but long-lived.

The humans have been making decisions about mutants dictating the worth of the lives of mutants without mutant consent.... Weather they like it or not Sol is now an empire and the mutants are just getting started. They are fufiling their evolutionary directive programed to them by the celestials.
    This is everything.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

It really sucks that they spent months building up the gala as a big bridge building event to mend bonds between mutants and humans (especially bafter they burned several of those bridges themselves) and then bait and switched by having the mutants declare themselves Kings of Earth
    Politely?

I don't ever recall anything even remotely like that ever taking place.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Politely, this is the wrong angle to look at it from...

We are talking about a group of mutants who sealed off their home planet knowing that protecting it meant that they would most likely never set foot on it again.

Now?

They are willingly leaving that home planet never to return. Even having just made it back to that planet.

If you are looking to undercut this sort of sacrifice and heroism?

I gotta wonder a little if this whole "Comics..." business is actually for you.
    Erhm where was it stated that the mutants are not going to return to earth .. if my memory serves me right krakoa is still on earth and the xmen would be operating on earth mainly. So where did this new info about them leaving the planet come from.

Changing the orbit of the planet after terraforming it would almost instantly kill all life on Mars
    Yes. X-men books are starting to feel like power fanfiction.

Last edited by Rang10; 06-17-2021 at 08:36 PM.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

So then why are you still here then.... I don't understand why you would torture yourself so... I mean if the mutants realizing their worth us such an a problem you why engage them a your talking won't change the direction Hickman is going with them.
    Because, if you read the entire post first, there are things in this run I do like. The racial supremacy just isn't one of them.

BANNED

Politely?

I don't ever recall anything even remotely like that ever taking place.
    Ikr they invited the humans to show them just how powerful they are Delores even says it in her report that the whole event was a giant flex beautiful one at that she added. I don't think this user understands that they do not care weather humanity approves of them or not, they are fine looking for approval like sersi said there is no manipulation just pride.

Still don't see why they decided to put the millions of warlike barbarian type murdery mutants and the diplomatic space embassy in the same location
    The "You Better Stay Out Of The Lion's Den..." could not have been made any more clear...

BANNED

Because, if you read the entire post first, there are things in this run I do like. The racial supremacy just isn't one of them.

The "You Better Stay Out Of The Lion's Den..." could not have been made any more clear...
    They put the embassy in the middle of the lions den so no, it's not.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Yes. X-men books are starting to feel like power fanfiction.

All Comics is a power fanfiction or don't you know that?

Do I think the X-Men embracing the "We are the superior Master Race" rhetoric of their greatest villains is stupid, yes. There are other things about the era I like, like Way of X. I had hoped the Hellfire Gala was going to be about walking away from the racial supremacist angle and it wasn't.
    heroes took the villains ideology and everyone accepted it. Something to think about

All Comics is a power fanfiction or don't you know that?
    They at least respect some basic phisics law, like no moving planets

heroes took the villains ideology and everyone accepted it. Something to think about
    Off panel too! Magneto and X I get because of Moira but everyone else doesn't know that, they just gave up without hesitation or second thoughts apparently

Erhm where was it stated that the mutants are not going to return to earth .. if my memory serves me right krakoa is still on earth and the xmen would be operating on earth mainly. So where did this new info about them leaving the planet come from.
    Unless the X-Men just left the planet?

(Never mind that the X-Men clearly never sealed themselves off from Earth in order to protect it...)

They were not the mutants that I was talking about.

BANNED

They can control the orbit of planet and that means zero because most time of the year mars isn't close to Earth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8aBZZnv6y8

even being close to Earth, the distance is light years away and they can just use another route. Nothing complicated to undertand.

I really wonder how people think the space is to think mars is a barrier.

You know when a road is blocked and you take a shortcut? Space is the same wbut with more possibilities
    You are seriously using realize science to dictate comic science and to measure mutant capabilities? Really? Didn't you read sword didn't you see them teleport across space time on a multiversal scale or you didn't. Mutants can do almost anything they can imagine together they have manifold and lactuca who can teleport anywhere in the Omniverse. Exodus with lactuca took the entire island of arako and sling shot it to Mars. So it's safe to say mutants can handle space when written at least half of their capability.