Page 20 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

It literally isn't on the page. The next preview page with Dooms reaponse is unlettered.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Well, what happened with Mars is definitely a power play. Doing it in the middle of the Gala is no coincidence. Fallout was expected. Considering the goal of the Gala, and the motivation to still do what they did was going to have consequences. I guess Mars is going to serve as another piece of their downfall. Also, Orchis is being openly discussed but no one's saying/doing anything about it? Mutants seem to be their worst enemy.

I'm more curious as to how Inferno will affect these developments.

That being said, I have no idea what's going on in this thread. I need a break, lol.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 06-17-2021 at 10:49 PM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I believe itīs interesting Dr Doom chose to listen to Capīs take first, this looks like they are trying to make sense of what just happened and itīs understable also the solicit for the next issue says Doom stayed to talk

"THE MORNING AFTER THE NIGHT BEFORE...The Hellfire Gala is over... but not all the guests have gone home. Victor Von Doom is staying for dinner. He's chatting to an old friend in a very new setting — about thrones, empires, magic, Mysterium... and the LAST ANNIHILATION!" This friend I suspect to be Magneto, he and Doom have an interesting relationship in that Doom usually takes note of Magneto and what heīs doing as a possible competence for "ruling over earth" but they have not really interacted since the Axis crossover where Magneto stopped a possesed Wanda from killing Victor, so he could re-invert the heros back to their normal self still I believe he had an idea of what kind of behavoir Magneto had and his interest but now heīs overstepping what he thought Magnus would get into, so my guess is that heīs seeing the neccesity of keeping in contact with Krakoa now thay are acting so out of their usual behavoir as a possible help for the coming of the next Annihiliation but also as a precaution because he doesnīt see what exactly pushed the mutants to change and act so differently itīs an interesting contrast because Charles and Erik are looking towards the future and taking action in stopping it while their allies just see what they are doing now and itīs shocking to see.

To be fair given Dr Doom got to govern an entire part of the multiverse and Cap used to be part of the Iluminati I think their shock is understable but what the X-men have done is not really a reason to start distrusting them given what they themselves got into previously and itīs nice to see powerful characters not only using their powers to fight menaces or for violence but to bring life, I think itīs an interesting contrast how the act of briging life is more shoking than the usual acts of violence from the comics.

Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 06-17-2021 at 10:55 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I believe itīs interesting Dr Doom chose to listen to Capīs take first, this looks like they are trying to make sense of what just happened and itīs understable also the solicit for the next issue says Doom stayed to talk "THE MORNING AFTER THE NIGHT BEFORE...

Well...

Yeah.

Yes that alone convinced me they didnīt see that coming but to be fair Victor used to rule a part of the multiverse, so my guess is they are just shocked to see the mutants overstepping their limits even if itīs for a good reason.

I feel like they, the iluminati and Dr Doom, got so used to do extraordinary things they felt the need or the right to do that they forgot there are other people that also have the potential to do extraordinary things for themselves or others and thatīs not on itself a bad thing even if they see it that way because it disrupts the status quo.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 06-17-2021 at 11:01 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Yes, X-Men villains do historically embrace racial supremacist ideology, which is why it's disappointing theyve done so too these past two years.
    True.
    Not gonna lie - While the Krakoan period has been fun and interesting from a "fun comicbook universe" sort of way - it IS rather disappointing that a franchise traditionally known for being allegorical has gone from preaching about coexistence to embracing segregation instead.

So them looking to stop a war between humans and mutants by relocating warminded mutants to another planet is supremacist? to each their own I guess but I canīt stop the feeling that if this was done by any other character, like Reed or Tīchalla it would be seen as a good thing and thatīs frankly unfair but I guess thatīs precisely the point the writers are making.

So them looking to stop a war between humans and mutants by relocating warminded mutants to another planet is supremacist? to each their own I guess but I canīt stop the feeling that if this was done by any other character it would be seen as a good thing and thatīs frankly unfair.
    If Krakoa itself wasn't a place humans can't go to, you'd have a point.

So them looking to stop a war between humans and mutants by relocating warminded mutants to another planet is supremacist? to each their own I guess but I canīt stop the feeling that if this was done by any other character it would be seen as a good thing and thatīs frankly unfair.
    Never mind that the mutants in question will be leaving the Earth that they cut themselves off from to protect for a second time...

This is the most unusual version of "Supremacy..." that I have ever run across.

Quote Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
    If Krakoa itself wasn't a place humans can't go to, you'd have a point.
    Humans can go with another mutant or if they are family, just like in other countries or civilizations in the MU like the Inhumans, Wakanda or Atlantis.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Never mind that the mutants in question will be leaving the Earth that they cut themselves off from to protect for a second time...
    Exactly they are preparing for the coming of the phalanx and thatīs a menace for both humans and mutants and SWORD is also there to protect them AND Arrako defended the earth thousands of years ago.

This is the most unusual version of "Supremacy..." that I have ever run across.
    Agreed
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 06-18-2021 at 12:12 AM.

Exactly they are preparing for the coming of the phalanx and thatīs a menace for both humans and mutants and SWORD is also there to protect them.

Politely...

They already have one on the board for actually saving the very Earth that humanity exists on from being overrun.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Politely...

They already have one on the board for actually saving the very Earth that humanity exists on from being overrun.
    Agreed they already have defended the earth before

Humans can go with another mutant or if they are family, just like in other countries or civilizations like the Inhumans, Wakanda or Atlantis.
    And yet Deadpool get's a mutant equivalent of a SWAT team dropped on his head because he shows up.
    Now Wade isn't exactly the most stable sort - but he's been an X-men ally for a very long time on multiple occasions - you'd think that would count for something.
    But he's not a mutant.

As for the "Supremacist" thing.
    on the 17th of june, little Timmy is a 14 year old human child - he can't go visit the incredible bio-technological marvel that is Krakoa, can't enjoy it's advanced technology, and is doomed to eventually die sooner or later.
    Then the next morning, on the 18th of june, little Timmy wakes up and discovers, through no choice or fault of his own, that he's got a pair of horns jutting out of his skull - he can now go live in the mutant utopia, enjoy all it's splendors, and is guaranteed immortality.

What changed between the 17th and 18th of june that brought about this amazing change in Timmy's status ?
    He went to sleep a human, and woke up a mutant - and that's it.
    And because he now suddenly is a mutant - he deserves better then he did the night before, when he was just a human.

Deadpool wasnīt invited because it was a diplomatic function, not even ALL Krakoaīs mutants were at the party and the case you are talking about can easily been seen from another perpective, on Genosha mutants used to be made slaves, brainwashed and worked to death by the state just for being mutants, there was a genetic test done to every person from birth to know their future as a member of society or as a slave to the state so in comparasion Timmy just canīt go to another place he wants to but his life, body and mind autonomy are quite safe and thatīs the difference because until recently being killed, branwashed or used to death by the state where quite common things that could happen to mutants in the MU.

Itīs the problem I have with fans using words like supremacism and Nazism so easily it begins to lose itīs real meaning.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 06-18-2021 at 12:24 AM.

Extraordinary Member

99.9999999% of the Arraki have no connection whatsoever to earth. Very few of the original generation that went to Amenth are still alive, and of those a good chunk stayed in Amenth. and pretty much the entire population of Arrako are people whose great-great-great-great grandparents going back thousands of years were born in Amenth. Earth/Mars makes little difference to them except that on Mars they have more space and freedom.