Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 345 of 558
  1. #331
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    492

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    The idea of mutants being a Master Race is completely uninteresting and unappealing to me, the idea that one race is inherently Superior to another because of their birth, which is why it's such a disappointment that since 2019 instead of it being something the X-Men opposed it's now become their primary focus in the entire franchise. Hopefully Duggans run turns away from a lot of that.
    Hopefully not. I can barely put up with two years of boring filler material before Hickman gets to continue his story in Inferno, but it'd be unacceptable if Duggan gets to change Hickman's vision. Just like mutants are inherently, genetically superior to humans, some writers are inherently superior to others. Not that Hickman is the greatest writer ever or anything, but Duggan should carry his water instead of changing his stuff.

  2. #332
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    492

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    Arakki being the capitol of Sol is a wise move I’m more referring to the Regent thing. I know about Nova being Earth’s representative to the galactic council and I wouldn’t be surprised if Earth’s world governments knew about that and accepted it not because he is human, but because of his experience. Though Krakoa claiming they can speak for him without getting his consent as of know is yet to be seen, but should they have not talked to him or others about who can speak for all of Sol on his or others behalf is wrong and filled with hubris.
    Nova is a nobody. I barely remembered he existed until seeing this thread.

    Mutants should do what they want. The lion does not concern himself with the opinions of sheep.

  3. #333
    Fantastic Member Covetous_One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    445

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Bruh have you read marauders 21 I am not referring to humanity as a whole the diplomats are. Yes there are those who support the mutants the mutants do have human family whom they adore. Kyle lives in krakoa as a citizen and can come and go as he pleases. There are islands where humans who are refugees get to stay in comfort. They don't hate humans they just don't care about their approval. That is what you guys don't seem to get they don't care about human approval anymore. Whether human like it or not they did what they did. If a galactic power doesn't like it they can choose to go deal with the avengers back on earth and that's exactly what the skrull and kree would do given their relationship to the scarlet witch and her son. The other galactic powers do not care, mysterium an immeasurably priceless artifact is in the possession of the mutants I doubt snarks, shiar, and other powers would pass up an opportunity to deal with those who wields it. And the regent which looks to be storm would be wielding this material almost exclusively. So that gives them galactic leverage over the earth in inter galactic politics.
    The mysterium which was taken from the realm of the abstracts. It’s been shown what happens when you take something from them that it doesn’t end well for anyone affiliated. Even Manigfold(probably spelled this wrong) said they probably broke some cosmic laws. Yes I did read Marauders 21 yet you say humans like it’s a collective, even I know mutants as a whole are individuals, though Brand is making moves that could potentially put everyone in danger and the QC is doing nothing as of yet to question her Magneto just roles with it. He barely seemed apprehensive about her picking a winner in the Snark war which again can comeback and bite them as it has for governments such as America
    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Is it any less wrong he was chosen by no one on Sol to represent them. Who gets' to say who speaks for the system. I think it makes sense a group who are actually born of the sol system decided they were strong enough to speak for themselves. What was before would be more hubris imo. Let the unawares on earth go about their business while some outside force chooses who protects their best interest.
    That right there is hubris. Also concerning Nova he was part of a galactic police force first. He didn’t just assume/take being Earth’s representative right from the start or declare himself that.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

  4. #334
    Fantastic Member Covetous_One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    445

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    Nova is a nobody. I barely remembered he existed until seeing this thread.

    Mutants should do what they want. The lion does not concern himself with the opinions of sheep.
    Mutants can live their lives however they want, but concerning others lives is a step to far and what happens when the lion finds itself to be the prey.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

  5. #335
    Fantastic Member Covetous_One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    445

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Why would you also assume nova knows more than her I these matters. I really want to know what evidence you have on panel that states that nova is more adept in these things than her.
    Also like Jwatson said earth can choose not to participate,the mutants do not care. They left krakoa on earth they still have sovereignty on earth. Arrako is not a country but a planet as such doesn't need earth governments to approve of it's sovereignty it's a whole planet with its own systems and laws. Also last I checked Al Ewing is in charge of Marvel's cosmic landscape really doubt he is going to leave the mutants hanging as he is the writer of sword.
    The xmen would be operating on earth mainly new York and storm is going to preside over sol. That feels bitter for many x haters to swallow but it is what it is.
    Presiding over a whole solar system is different from one planet having sovereignty. Yet those who love having a power trip don’t seem to find the difference which seems to be expected. Concerning Nova I asked you what made Brand more knowledgeable I never said Nova knew more for me I don’t know eithers full knowledge of galactic politics. Yet you just assumed she knew more because she is a mutant and not based on any definite evidence. I love the X-men and every second of this era I just like to see how this my fall even if it was the avengers I’d like to see how there grand schemes fail.
    Last edited by Covetous_One; 06-18-2021 at 06:45 AM.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

  6. #336
    Extraordinary Member cranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,437

    Default

    I gave up following the conversation, but are we in agreement that Captain America is a villain? #AllHumans

  7. #337
    Extraordinary Member jwatson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    The mysterium which was taken from the realm of the abstracts. It’s been shown what happens when you take something from them that it doesn’t end well for anyone affiliated. Even Manigfold(probably spelled this wrong) said they probably broke some cosmic laws. Yes I did read Marauders 21 yet you say humans like it’s a collective, even I know mutants as a whole are individuals, though Brand is making moves that could potentially put everyone in danger and the QC is doing nothing as of yet to question her Magneto just roles with it. He barely seemed apprehensive about her picking a winner in the Snark war which again can comeback and bite them as it has for governments such as America

    That right there is hubris. Also concerning Nova he was part of a galactic police force first. He didn’t just assume/take being Earth’s representative right from the start or declare himself that.
    I didn't make the post that i was quoted as making, the top one.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

    My creator showcase thread ln cbr. http://https://community.cbr.com/showthread.php?150839-Art-Journey

    Number of People on my ignore list: 0

  8. #338
    Fantastic Member Covetous_One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    445

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I didn't make the post that i was quoted as making, the top one.
    Oops my bad. Still stands though if you agree with the post that was quoted
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

  9. #339
    Extraordinary Member jwatson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,150

    Default

    Beyond that though, im not getting into all the side stuff i'm sticking purely to the fact of what you are saying in regard to it being hubris. There was no earth vote for nova or the corps to represent sol so members of sol choosing to do it themselves has more weight imo than some chosen galatic force that may not have the sol system best interest. In other words if what mutants did is wrong the whole galatic police force needs to be called out and whoever created said system.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

    My creator showcase thread ln cbr. http://https://community.cbr.com/showthread.php?150839-Art-Journey

    Number of People on my ignore list: 0

  10. #340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    Nova is a nobody. I barely remembered he existed until seeing this thread.

    Mutants should do what they want. The lion does not concern himself with the opinions of sheep.
    Yeah how'd that mindset work out for the Lannisters

  11. #341
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I gave up following the conversation, but are we in agreement that Captain America is a villain? #AllHumans
    He is not a villan and not all human are bigots. Just that now as a group the mutants do not care about human mutant relations to the extent where they were literally dancing to the tune of their oppressors living in a school that was attacked everyother day of the week. The mutants have evolved past the earth and are thinking bigger whilst humanity is using a majority of it's brain power to destroy them.

  12. #342
    Fantastic Member Covetous_One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    445

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Beyond that though, im not getting into all the side stuff i'm sticking purely to the fact of what you are saying in regard to it being hubris. There was no earth vote for nova or the corps to represent sol so members of sol choosing to do it themselves has more weight imo than some chosen galatic force that may not have the sol system best interest. In other words if what mutants did is wrong the whole galatic police force needs to be called out and whoever created said system.
    All members of Sol mutant, human, Atlantian, Eternal, and others who reside in Sol should have had a say in who represents them to other galaxies not just one group of people. Nova corps no longer exists. Richard Rider, Sam and few other former members do, but the Galactic council recognizes GotG as the police force now. I don’t recall/know how Rider was chosen, but he didn’t make that decision himself like Brand did with Sol.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

  13. #343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    Hopefully not. I can barely put up with two years of boring filler material before Hickman gets to continue his story in Inferno, but it'd be unacceptable if Duggan gets to change Hickman's vision. Just like mutants are inherently, genetically superior to humans, some writers are inherently superior to others. Not that Hickman is the greatest writer ever or anything, but Duggan should carry his water instead of changing his stuff.
    The reason I am/was excited for his run is because it's the X-Men seemingly rejecting the idea they're now above humanity.

  14. #344
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    Presiding over a whole solar system is different from one planet having sovereignty. Yet those who love having a power trip don’t seem to find the difference which seems to be expected. Concerning Nova I asked you what made Brand more knowledgeable I never said Nova knew more for me I don’t know eithers full knowledge of galactic politics. Yet you just assumed she knew more because she is a mutant and not based on any definite evidence. I love the X-men and every second of this era I just like to see how this my fall even if it was the avengers I’d like to see how there grand schemes fail.
    Like I said if earth doesn't like it they can opt out. If a galactic power gates this new order they can opt out earth isn't the only planet in the system. The mutants have many many more options to chose from. The start system sol.is bigger than one planet and that is earth..which mutants still have a piece over. And if they really wanted can grow in size.

  15. #345
    Extraordinary Member jwatson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    All members of Sol mutant, human, Atlantian, Eternal, and others who reside in Sol should have had a say in who represents them to other galaxies not just one group of people. Nova corps no longer exists. Richard Rider, Sam and few other former members do, but the Galactic council recognizes GotG as the police force now. I don’t recall/know how Rider was chosen, but he didn’t make that decision himself like Brand did with Sol.
    if thats the argument you are making, which i didn't read it as, i think that is fair, but saying what the mutants did was wrong is unfair. At this point wouldn't it be up to Earth/etc to say "wait a darn minute. we are at a place where humanity wants a say." I mean Orichi's could just say Planet sentinel is the capital but they didn't. So while i do think all should have a say theoretically, that has never been what has happened. I also don't think the general human wants to place a target on their back now that the galaxy is for sure watching.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

    My creator showcase thread ln cbr. http://https://community.cbr.com/showthread.php?150839-Art-Journey

    Number of People on my ignore list: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •