Page 27 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 405 of 558
  1. #391
    BANNED Rang10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    2,919

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Essentially yes. Which is such a weird capstone to an event that was primarily meant to be a transition between Hickmans run and Duggans that the big centerpiece is...Sword? And not the X-Men?
    It's a big problem for this era. Like X of swords set up Sword too more than the other X-men books.

  2. #392
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    So the whole veneer of "Sword doesn't actually work for Krakoa" thing is out the window then?
    They have an alliance in which Krakoa supports SWORD with supplies and people, thatīs why Magneto went to supervise the work at the station but the main internal developments, plans and strategies are mainly led by Brand who also used to be the director of Alpha Fight so SWORD has people of Krakoa and other places working for it, Manifold used to be an Avenger and Abigail prefers to have people that are not personally loyal to the Quiet Council.

    Alpha fight itself has this same support by the US and UN even if the director is Gyrich.

    I belive we need to stop seeing this as a zero-sum game, the story being told is very interesting because itīs exploring the gray side of international relationships as well as differences in perception from space civilizations, it also is telling the different ways Brand approaches her work and how Gyrich does his work.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 06-18-2021 at 10:03 AM.
    what is man that you are mindful of him,
    and the son of man that you care for him? Psalm 8

  3. #393
    BANNED Rang10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    2,919

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    They have an alliance in which Krakoa supports SWORD with supplies and people, thatīs why Magneto went to supervise the work at the station but the main internal developments, plans and strategies are mainly led by Brand who also used to be the director of Alpha Fight so SWORD has people of Krakoa and other places working for it, Manifold used to be an Avenger and Abigail prefers to have people that are not personally loyal to the Quiet Council.

    Alpha fight itself has this same support by the US and UN even if the director is Gyrich.

    I belive we need to stop seeing this as a zero-sum game, the story being told is very interesting because itīs exploring the gray side of international relationships as well as differences in perception from space civilizations, it also is telling the different ways Brand approaches her work and how Gyrich does his work.
    If alpha flight(now gamma flight) is supported by UN it means it represents the countries of earth

    Swords is only sponsored and staffed by mutants, so they can't represent the world or the entire solar system

  4. #394
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,247

    Default

    They represent Krakoa and have their own space program and so far it seems thatīs enough because Krakoa has direct links with the Shiar and the Brood and the Kree/Skrull Empyre if Krakoa doesnīt feel represented by AF and has SWORD instead with Brand as the main leader and itīs recognized by other space civilizations thatīs their right.
    what is man that you are mindful of him,
    and the son of man that you care for him? Psalm 8

  5. #395
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I’m hoping for some exciting news re: SWORD’s future direction with adult Cable back now and Storm possibly joining the team in space soon. Fingers crossed...
    Lmao you love setting yourself up for disappointment.

  6. #396
    Grizzled Veteran Jackraow21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OmegaStorm87 View Post
    Lmao you love setting yourself up for disappointment.
    Why do you say that? You don’t think they’ll appear in SWORD? Seems logical that they would.

  7. #397
    Astonishing Member danielsan52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    2,567

    Default

    Marrina should be in this book.

    Mutant alien. Ties to Namor, Avengers, Alpha Flight.
    Calling Wanda a Pretender is Trumpian at best

  8. #398
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Why do you say that? You don’t think they’ll appear in SWORD? Seems logical that they would.
    I think let's just wait and see what happens. I don't think the current creatives are huge fans of Cable so I don't expect anything.

  9. #399
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,247

    Default

    Cable is going to have a one-shot by Ewing and he will be part of the Last Anhiliation crossover to I think heīs going to play a big part on Ewingīs titles.
    what is man that you are mindful of him,
    and the son of man that you care for him? Psalm 8

  10. #400
    Welcome Back Spidey Kurolegacy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,672

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Cable is going to have a one-shot by Ewing and he will be part of the Last Anhiliation crossover to I think heīs going to play a big part on Ewingīs titles.
    Plus his sword is kinda the key to the Peak so unless it was only needed to turn it on, they kinda need him especially since he’s now depicted with said sword.

  11. #401
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,247

    Default

    Exactly and it looks like we will have Old man Cable coming back so yes we will see a lot of Cable in SWORD
    what is man that you are mindful of him,
    and the son of man that you care for him? Psalm 8

  12. #402
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,391

    Default

    Begs the question if the person Mags kills might be a Guardian (Phyla?)

  13. #403
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Begs the question if the person Mags kills might be a Guardian (Phyla?)
    Of all the guardians, why would they kill the one who just came back from being dead for ages?

  14. #404
    Extraordinary Member cranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,437

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Plus his sword is kinda the key to the Peak so unless it was only needed to turn it on, they kinda need him especially since he’s now depicted with said sword.
    Jean just made Jamie pop out a whole new station. I think they can solve the power supply problem if they want to.

  15. #405
    Welcome Back Spidey Kurolegacy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,672

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    Of all the guardians, why would they kill the one who just came back from being dead for ages?
    Maybe that would then convince Marvel to bring back the one that’s dead and not replace her with an alternate version of her. Still, doubtful she’s the one.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •