Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    It's not the x-line fault...truth is a lot of these avenger fans basically came from the MCU to comics. They inherently do not care for anything outside the avengers and its core charachters but now marvel and Disney wants to put their mutants back on the pedestal and show them thriving and they can't have it.
    I won't get into it because the mods will ban me for saying it's bad again, but some X-Fans do have a real problem where they'll accuse critics of the X-Books of being bigots against real life minority groups because theyre so emotionally tied up in the allegory, which is ridiculous for a number of reasons.

It's not the x-line fault...truth is a lot of these avenger fans basically came from the MCU to comics. They inherently do not care for anything outside the avengers and its core charachters but now marvel and Disney wants to put their mutants back on the pedestal and show them thriving and they can't have it.
    Thats is exacy what it feels like sometimes not everyone but when i try to dive into the logic of some of the posts. I was on the board durkng that time i can assure the same energy wasnt there to ask why would marvel put the avengers vs a marginalized group in their own universe that had just been decimated. Why would marvel then have inhumans gas those still recovering mutants after first trying to register them. All in like a decade or so. So its hard to take too seriously. Especially when most are peolple who claim to have been reading for decades.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I won't get into it because the mods will ban me for saying it's bad again, but some X-Fans do have a real problem where they'll accuse critics of the X-Books of being bigots against real life minority groups because theyre so emotionally tied up in the allegory, which is ridiculous for a number of reasons.
    Woow that is much to hear. Guess the ten years of horrible bad writing stop a very bad toll on most x-fans.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Thats is exacy what it feels like sometimes not everyone but when i try to dive into the logic of some of the posts. I was on the board durkng that time i can assure the same energy wasnt there to ask why would marvel put the avengers vs a marginalized group in their own universe that had just been decimated. Why would marvel then have inhumans gas those still recovering mutants after first trying to register them. All in like a decade or so. So its hard to take too seriously. Especially when most are peolple who claim to have been reading for decades.
    Exactly! Mutants are always hated and ostracized but yet when they stop caring about their oppressors and decide to come together for their future they are bad for doing it. No derrick is not invited to the island yes it's because he is a human with no connection to a krakoan mutant, if derrick doesn't like that he can go cry a river or better yet go to the luxury island where he can live very comfortably. They give mankind medicine, money, shelter among many other things yet they are still hated and seen as bad. Like I said if the human heroes got up and terraformers mars and named a regent so so and so's won't be asking oh did they ask the mutants the atlanteans the externals, they didn't? That's bad of them. We won't hear a peep. But mutants do it and they have to ask permission?

Woow that is much to hear. Guess the ten years of horrible bad writing stop a very bad toll on most x-fans.
    Some people take the mutant metaphor waaaay too literally.

Mighty Member

I swear to god, every topic in this forum ends up the same damn place

Hear! hear! (Where is a thumbs-up and clapping hands emoji when you need one.)

Some people take the mutant metaphor waaaay too literally.
    And you take the discussions here way too seriously. Stop going around with this idea that X-Fans who like the current status quo and position mutants are in are living out some revenge fantasy or go around calling people who don't like this status quo bigots or whatever.

It's not that deep and you're the ONLY one making it so. Kinda weird man...
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    And you take the discussions here way too seriously. Stop going around with this idea that X-Fans who like the current status quo and position mutants are in are living out some revenge fantasy or go around calling people who don't like this status quo bigots or whatever.

It's not that deep and you're the ONLY one making it so. Kinda weird man...
    It's less prominent on here but on #xspoilers Twitter that bullshit is rampant, I assure you. It is absolutely a real thing.

But again, I'll stop talking about it since the mods ban me when I do.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Can'teffin'WAIT!!!! (I love Casselli but I'll miss Schiti desperately)
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 06-18-2021 at 04:08 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

So I’m not looking for a return to the mansion, but seriously any criticism is just MCU fans now?

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

The Avengers were just fine until Jason Aaron decided to make fanfics about the Justice League instead of writting Avengers stories, they will get better once they change writer or they add another one who´s interested in telling Avengers stories. I must admit the last Avengers story I liked was "Avengers: No way home" by Mark Waid, Ewing and Jim Zub so anyone of them should take over the title or add another one imo.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Astonishing Member

Isn’t Spencer suddenly at loose ends?

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Spencer? why do you think so? I am enjoying his run on Spider-Man but I have not seen him write the Avengers.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Spencer? why do you think so? I am enjoying his run on Spider-Man but I have not seen him write the Avengers.
    his spider man run ends in september